HELP PLS! New Mem. Kangertech Kpin Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krissy923

Feb 27, 2019
Hi, I’m hoping someone can help me pls!!! I quit smoking and it’s been almost 4 yrs now, I was using the E cig. Cig type vapes, I started with a logic one, and got so sick of trying to find the inserts, changes to the flavor every few months, down to trying different brands eventually for a bunch of different reasons, and it started to turn Into a nightmare which when dealing with something like quitting smoking cig. when dealing w/ severe PTSD, I not only have enough nightmares besides living 1 for so long that developed it in the 1st place the last thing I needed was anymore! I went into a vape shop down the street from me which there are not many in town to begin with, after getting so frustrated recently to purchase some e juice to refill 1 of the devices I had been using and found that the inserts were actually 1 of the easiest to refill urself at home, at least until I could figure out what to do since I wasn’t sure, I just knew I didn’t want to ever go back to smoking cig. And thanks to this option I can’t even stand the smell of walking into someone’s cloud I pass on the sidewalk, let alone being the 1 making the cloud!!! After getting the e juice and realizing not just how much money I’ve spent and not even really liking some of the so called “flavors” I’ve had to use, being able to pick from so many and change anytime I want plus saving money! So I spent days reading and looking at everything I could find to find a good vape device that would work for me, not knowing anything other then the cig a like devices when I started, I think partly b/c of the PTSD I needed something that would still feel kind of familiar and that I could easily hold in my hand even when not using it, along with being easy to operate and not complicated, not just vaping wise but across the board, along with being good quality, and not cheap, but also not expensive either, and something that would allow me still though as I got more comfortable with it and experienced contour to enjoy using it still, and decided finally on the Kangertech K pin mini, I was going to purchase online, but when I went back to smoke/vape to grab some more e notice I noticed they actually had 2 there, granted it was 10 dollars more then I’d seen it online for, i bought it last night anyway not to hassle with waiting for it to ship and be delivered and TBH I was excited that the 1 I had decided finally on out of all of them and all that time was 1 of the pretty limited amount compared to what I’ve seen most shops and online shops carry, this particular shop is not very big at all, but they’ve been around for 20 yrs, unlike the others in town from what I’ve learned, the box was sealed so no one tampered with it, it’s also authentic, they r not an unhonest shop, in this area, they wouldn’t b around for that long if they were, I did verify with the authenticity card in the box just to b sure there wholesaler was honest with them though, now the instructions that came r not detailed at all!!! As far as walking u through step by step when u first get it, but I didn’t need much instruction though b/c I had watched so many videos and knew the basics of how it worked and what was what and where, but b/c it’s my first vape pen, which r completely diff then the cig a like devices to begin with, on top of those really being basic across the board, they break they break that’s it, etc. I didnt and don’t know enough from reading all I read and watching the reviews I watched to know about the finer detailed stuff!! And the instructions not only aren’t step by step for beginners but also don’t have any kind of check these few finer detail things to make sure everything is in place either that ppl who are new or beginners wouldn’t know about or to check or if something was out of place like that!! Which brings me to why I’m here pleading for help, which after the fact now too, I tried to find information online about it and there isn’t any really, at least not exact to what happened! So I’m hoping someone on here can help me, I didn’t realize that the tiny rubber O ring inside my tank was not where it was supposed to b and i just purchased this device last noght the box was sealed so it’s not like anyone took it off playing with it! The instructions which I would gladly take a pic if needed, does not say anything about this, I’m not sure why it wasn’t placed on the inside screw of the cap that goes into the tank where it belongs but instead was on the actual tank part and sitting around the hole the screw goes into which to me being new did not seem strange b/c the inserts for my cig a like have this rubber ring between the cap and the cotton that I have to remove in order to refill myself, (again even new to that too, I’ve only been doing that the last 2 weeks while looking for device etc.) and I noticed it b/c i had bumped when filling the tank and it moved slightly out of the ring dip around the hole and I moved it back into place before closing it up b/c ironically I was worried that if I made a mistake since I was new to this that I would break it or something!!! Again idk why it was not on the screw that went into that hole to begin with where it was supposed to b!! If they place it there when built and packaged then there should b instructions to place it where it belongs, as well as mentioning it all together in the instructions would have been helpful and the right thing to do, but I guess that’s just me!! I let it sit for over an hour after filling so that I was more then sure the coil and cotton were good (also not in instructions if u can even call them that but I learned from watching video review online before purchasing) when I finally did use it I ended up after 3 puffs getting this horrible burning 1 that burned my chest so bad and did not taste like watermelon at all!! Which scared the S*** of me!!!! And it was a good 10 min before I picked it up again just in my hand!!! I then tried it with the barely even a little vapor at all just the tiniest inhale and it was fine which I then increased a little bit more at a time 3 times or so and it was fine, but b/c of that 1 and how bad it hurt really just weighing on me, when I felt the outside kind of getting hot It made me really really nervous and scared!!! I’m not going to go into detail with the other thing that happened, it’s not imp as far as this, and it didn’t effect or do anything to the device only to me and I’m embarrassed myself enough at this point, and when u add that the instructions (again if u can even call them that! They don’t have any detail at all, and do not explain things either as far as what they mean, and combining that the missing details, not explaining what they mean and also leaving things out, unless u know what ur doing or u get it from a shop who walks u through things and helps u get it set up and started, which not everyone has, especially when purchasing online!) just to open and fill the tank suck, and took me 15 min. To get it open b/c of that, and then what happened when I used it and how scared not to mention it didn’t just taste bad and awful but it hurt and I can’t help worrying about what went into my lungs which ironically when u quit smoking and get that sense of pride but also feeling healthier it’s a big deal and makes me really angry at this point now b/c this shouldn’t have happened! And then what happened after that I’m not going to go into detail about, I was struggling to fight back tears! Really really really struggling!! Which failed after I cleaned out the tank and stuff trying to figure out what was going on and thought I had dropped that O ring and finally seeing a little tiny piece of it still that was left still there indicating it had melted which is what and where that burning and horrible taste had come from!!! And when checking pic on in the little book again showed nothing and then googling to try and find answers is when I found eventually where it was supposed to have been (which is when that struggle was lost and burst into tears!!!) and that they sell replacements, but nothing on if I can still use it without it right now, cause I’m doubtful the smoke shop has them! Idk if any of them will have them, so my question is, can I still use the kangertech K pin Mini without the O ring that goes around the screw part that goes into the tank inside the cap, the large O ring that goes around the cap that screws into the entire tank piece is fine, it’s the little tiny O ring that is normally on the screw piece on the cap piece, that goes into the hole of the tank inside the tank piece? And if it is or isn’t my other question is and pls pls pls I beg of u, b kind, the only reason I’ve gone into so much detail and explained all that I have which has not been easy, and is embarrassing, I never was super tech savvy, and the last few yrs when it was something I normally wouldn’t have done it myself or would of at least asked for help I no longer have that person he died of lung cancer, which is why this is even harder then something like trying to figure out how to put things together or hook up new things to a tv etc!! My grandfather was always there, it didn’t matter what it was or if it was a time when I could of asked someone else instead, which isn’t important here, but now I don’t have him and I have to rely when it comes to stuff I’m not good at or don’t know a lot about etc. on the info and instructions that r out there, and if they aren’t very good or stuff is left out or missing all together....I tried, and part of why I picked this 1 to begin with is b/c it didn’t just check off the boxes for safety but also for ease, and b/c my shop near me isn’t the largest and hands on I’m gathering and I can’t find this exact info online here I am....I did try....my other question would b is there any other way to replace this O ring other then having to try and find locally or order a entire pack online and wait who knows how long etc.? Even if I can still use it which I’m counting on someone also letting me know that as well, and based on everything I explained if something else is off or wrong or I should even check, etc. the only other thing I am not sure I mentioned or not but better just to b sure cause I’m assuming it was the thing melting or it is just normal like the sound my e cig alike things not all but some of them the more expensive ones like this crackling sound like when I took a drag from the e cig and it was a new insert they would stop making the sound as the insert was almost dead but that’s the only thing I can compare it to. I just want to make sure that it’s either normal or was caused by the ring probably if not, as I said my coil and the cotton was saturated I let it sit for an hr after filling the tank, but that’s it, I haven’t used it without the ring once I realized what happened until I know if it’s ok, it’s been less then 24 hrs!!! I bought it last night, and maybe took 5 puffs if that, and now it’s just sitting here and I’m still using the insert I refilled myself on the e cig cheap device, that’s wasting the e juice really and is not very good or great to use to begin with!!! Pls help I spent all this time finding what to get and was so excited, to end up having an awful time last night and it just sitting here now and I don’t know what to do!!! Thank u!!!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Mordacai

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I can't make heads nor tails of what your questions are.
This might help you identify the pieces & parts.

kangertech-k-pin-starter-kit---2000mah_08_f4b351.jpg

There is an o ring on the coil head that seals to the base. One on the bottom on the tank that seals tank to base. Two on the top cap/what is labeled as the drip tip. One small one that seals top cap to air tube/chimney that is in the center of the tank.
One large one about the same diameter as the top cap that seals top cap to tank.

Sounds like something happened to the smaller o ring? It is important to keep wicking action going, prevent e liquid getting drawn into mouth & leaking.

Might go back to where you bought it to see if they have a replacement o ring that will work or maybe exchange the tank.
Kangar may sell replacement o rings.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
First of all, hello Krissy923. Sorry to hear that you're having a hard time at the moment, it will pass eventually though and in the meantime we can try to help.

Looked up K-Pin Mini, it's a basic regulated Direct To Lung device. So no wattage or power control, that may be causing you some issues as with using Cigalikes you would be using them Mouth To Lung. As DTL devices are sub ohm (coils run under 1 ohm resistance) and they run hot.

For O rings quickly, I would venture Amazon. You just need to know the size, if not you'll need to measure with calipers. Or find out what size you need off someone.

And also when you're feeling a little bit better, go to your local vape shop and ask to try an MTL and a DTL atomiser with the same liquid if you can. So you can see which suits you better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread