Kangertech help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Make sure that the atomizer is making contact with the battery. The coil should be screwed all the way it and has to make contact with the bottom of the tank and then the tank has to make contact with the positive pin in the mod. I don't remember if this mod says "no atomizer" when it does not find the tank, but it just sounds like it's not making contact. You may need to pry up the center pin of the battery just a hair, or lower the positive pin of the tank. Alternately it could just be a bad coil.

10-26 w begin low and step up if you feel you want more vapor
Is it normal to get a lot of resistance when you inhale and to be able to tell there is juice in the tube? I can’t remember, will the juice in there clear out on it’s own? I’m also not getting much flavor. Is that normal? At least it’s hitting pretty good though..

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Airflow is located near the base.Twist it.
th

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I do not like the 1.5 coils - prefer the lower coils. Anyhow when you remove the tank from the battery press the fire button and then put the tank back on. When you do that it should prompt you for new coil and hit yes which is the + button and then see what it reads.

You could have had a bad coil. It happens.

On the .5 coils I use wattage of 20 to 25. On the 1.2 coils that I tried I use about 17 and keep the airflow open.

And make sure the coil is properly screwed in --- not too tight --- not too loose.

I use the Samsung 25R batteries.

Where did you order your box from?

Yes you can use the other coils --when you say old do you mean the square old or the round old?

And when you put the coil in make sure you prime it --- not flood it but a few drops inside the coil on the cotton and then on the outside of the coil a few drops on the side holes and wait a few minutes. Even better - cover the airflow with your finger and without pressing the fire button take a few vapes - you will not get anything but it will help to ensure that the cotton is properly saturated.

I do not like the 1.5 coils - prefer the lower coils. Anyhow when you remove the tank from the battery press the fire button and then put the tank back on. When you do that it should prompt you for new coil and hit yes which is the + button and then see what it reads.

You could have had a bad coil. It happens.

On the .5 coils I use wattage of 20 to 25. On the 1.2 coils that I tried I use about 17 and keep the airflow open.

And make sure the coil is properly screwed in --- not too tight --- not too loose.

I use the Samsung 25R batteries.

Where did you order your box from?

Yes you can use the other coils --when you say old do you mean the square old or the round old?

And when you put the coil in make sure you prime it --- not flood it but a few drops inside the coil on the cotton and then on the outside of the coil a few drops on the side holes and wait a few minutes. Even better - cover the airflow with your finger and without pressing the fire button take a few vapes - you will not get anything but it will help to ensure that the cotton is properly saturated.
I did remember that I need to prime the coil surprisingly. I’m beginning to wonder if even though I’m getting a hit on this coil that it may also not be any good. Seems like I am getting a lot of resistance (more than I remember) and I can hear juice sizzling in there no matter how many times I try to clear it out. It also has like no flavor. Is it possible the 1.5 coil is also a dud to a certain degree? Should I try one of my brand new 0.5 coils?

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
And my 1.2 coils are square by the way

And I ordered it from amazon like a month ago

Just wanted to make sure you got a good box and not a knockoff that could be bad or something. I actually liked the square coils better. There's 2 kinds of square coils -- one with vertical coil and one that is horizontal. If it is horizontal - you can actually pull out the cotton when it gets icky and put more cotton in there. Kanger then changed the design and you cannot do that on the verticals.

So is your subbox working well now?

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Well - since it is still not so great. I'd start again.

Take the tank off. Clean the box - use a paper towel to clear out the hole where the tank screws into to make sure it is not icky or anything

Then BEFORE you change the coil and with the tank removed - Blow into the mouthpiece - use a paper towel to catch anything - this will clear the center piece in case some juice got in there and now you are ready to start again.

Make sure battery is charged.

Press the fire button with no tank on it.

Screw the .5 coil and prime it

Put it on the tank

Say yes for new coil

Take 2 vapes without pressing fire button

Put wattage on 18

Wait 5 minutes

Try it

Let us know!

Reactions: Izan

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
My last thought - you said you got your setup on Amazon- I am very leery or ebay and Amazon for vape related items. You can find some good deals but there is a lot of bad stuff in my opinion on those sites. If you are still having issues - maybe it is a knockoff and although the box may be OK maybe the tank is not ---- just a thought

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Yes! Thank you, I think the new 0.5 coil made the difference. It seems to be functioning properly now, like I remember. Weird thing is that when I press the fire button with the tank off it doesn’t ask me if I have a new coil, but it seems to automatically register the coil resistance on its own?
Hmm? Well I am glad it is working. I have the top tank mini which is almost the same --- maybe the subbox just does not register that way and recognizes automatically -- as long as it recognized the coil and is working great - you are good - and I am sure you are happy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread