HELP!! Sign this petition to raise awareness of ecig bans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I just can't do no frills tonight. lol

bump.jpg

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Except on clothes, I really can't handle frills on my clothes... okay, maybe a nice poet's shirt, but that's as far as I'm willing to go! :lol:

exactly. frilly clothes get in the way, and (at least on me) look very silly.
a little silliness in a bump isn't bad though

52914d1178155245-help-speed-bump-my-neighborhood-speedbump-t.jpg

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
so I've signed the blasted thing like 6 times and have failed to get a single confirmation email (and yes I've checked folders and spam folders)...bout to give up on it..

Maybe it's your email provider, gee, I don't know. No mail from ...@epetitions?
Do you know someone who signed it successfully (eg. neighbor, relative,etc) ?
(I'm wondering if it has to do with the computer you're using also. Or WinXP? I don't know)

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Maybe it's your email provider, gee, I don't know. No mail from ...@epetitions?
Do you know someone who signed it successfully (eg. neighbor, relative,etc) ?
(I'm wondering if it has to do with the computer you're using also. Or WinXP? I don't know)
my mail provider is my local cable company...

I do know that my mail addy has to be all in lower case or it won't go through...that might be the issue...

using vista...havent had this problem with any other mail that I know of...no body I know of personally on the same provider has signed it

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
my mail provider is my local cable company...

I do know that my mail addy has to be all in lower case or it won't go through...that might be the issue...

using vista...havent had this problem with any other mail that I know of...no body I know of personally on the same provider has signed it
The easiest thing would be to get a free gmail account and use that. Your provider may filter or block certain IP address or URLs and you'd never even know it. Takes only about 5 minutes to get a gmail account and I know gmail will let the confirmation email through.

Or try adding info@epetitions.net to your approved contacts list.

I appreciate all of your efforts!!

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
The easiest thing would be to get a free gmail account and use that. Your provider may filter or block certain IP address or URLs and you'd never even know it. Takes only about 5 minutes to get a gmail account and I know gmail will let the confirmation email through.

Or try adding info@epetitions.net to your approved contacts list.

I appreciate all of your efforts!!

well I'll try that...but I will absolutely not under any circumstances get google mail....so if that's the only way...I guess I won't be signing it...

MrsJaaxx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
www.juicyliquid.com
I love my gmail!
The confirmation was in my spam folder, and the name in the "from" line was simply "Info". The subject was "please confirm your petition signature", and went on to list the name of the petition. I missed it the first time because I was looking for something from "epetitions" instead of "info".

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Gmail (iirc) is at google. [For those interested; I myself may be switching to google]

Just go to google.com and at the top, click where it says Gmail; from there, a brand new email account can be opened.

Drozd, then which other email provider would be acceptable ?

I added the info@epetitions to my approved adresses just to make doubly sure...

so if it doesn't come through I'm not signing up for any provider just to sign it... to make it more accessible it should be easy to sign and confirm...which so far this is not..wonder how many signatures have been lost to too much hassle

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
I added the info@epetitions to my approved adresses just to make doubly sure...

so if it doesn't come through I'm not signing up for any provider just to sign it... to make it more accessible it should be easy to sign and confirm...which so far this is not..wonder how many signatures have been lost to too much hassle

and that was .net right? not .com
Or does that matter?

I agree, but if it's your email provider, I actually don't want that provider.
I guess what's needed is to figure out how your email provider can handle this important petition? I don't know :(

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
and that was .net right? not .com
Or does that matter?

I agree, but if it's your email provider, I actually don't want that provider.
I guess what's needed is to figure out how your email provider can handle this important petition? I don't know :(
yeah .net...cut and pasted it right from kristins post...

As for my provider...this is the only thing that has been like that...very good provider actually...

I'm more prone to think it's something with the way the petition site itself is set up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread