Help! Suddenly Mouth Liquid from Cartos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
Hi all -

I have no idea what is happening and I am so frustrated I'm ready to scream -- mostly because I broke down and bought a pack of analogs today because I was craving so bad.

So here's the story - a couple of weeks ago, I received a big order of pre-filled cartos and two each XL batts and Reg batts, plus a PT. Although I didn't love all the flavors, I have loved vaping with this setup.

A few days ago, I opened the new box of Coffee cartos, screwed one on to one of the XLs and immediately got a mouthful of juice. I played with it for a while figuring it was my newbie dragging technique, but continued to get juice, so set it aside and replaced with a different flavor and had no problems.

Today, I had to leave the house for the day (rare for me), so packed up a fully charged XL attached to a yummy carto that was near its end, a fully charged Reg battery and two of the Coffee cartos. The yummy carto didn't last long so I switched out to the one of the Coffees and immediately got a mouthful of liquid. The day got really busy after that, and I was at a place that I could not vape, so when I got back into the car and got yet ANOTHER mouthful of coffee liquid, I said $%#@ it and bought a pack of analogs.

On the hour drive back home, and with the nico demon calmed, I had time to reflect and consider possible problems. It came down to this:

1. All of the coffee cartos are overfilled or faulty.
2. Maybe the XL was not the one I thought I charged and it was not producing enough heat to burn the liquid (although the LED was not blinking).

When I got home, I attached a pre-filled Virginia carto, that I had vaped a little but recapped, to the regular battery that I know was fully charged, and got another mouthful of juice!

These were all prefilled cartos that I've never refilled.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am so frustrated, but more scared, because I thought I'd found the perfect vape. Any tips?

If there was any silver lining to the day, it was the rediscovery that analogs taste like poop and make me feel bad.

Thanks
~SB

Darrigaaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
New Mexico, USA
First off, don't feel bad about having to buy a pack of analogs. Each one previously you haven't smoked is a great thing.

Secondly, I personally haven't run into this issue in the 6 months I've been vaping V4L products. But, maybe a quick 'thermometer shake' might fix the cartos? It's possible that after sitting a while, the juice has pooled and needs to be redistributed back through the carto.

If none of that works, send an email to Customer Service since it sounds like a manufacturer defect.

Ragamuffin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2010
US
First off, don't feel bad about having to buy a pack of analogs. Each one previously you haven't smoked is a great thing.

Secondly, I personally haven't run into this issue in the 6 months I've been vaping V4L products. But, maybe a quick 'thermometer shake' might fix the cartos? It's possible that after sitting a while, the juice has pooled and needs to be redistributed back through the carto.

If none of that works, send an email to Customer Service since it sounds like a manufacturer defect.

Absolutely correct, in my opinion. I have used oh so many of their cartos and never had this issue. However, I've never had that many extra pre-filled cartos on hand as I do right now. So with my large stash, they are sitting longer than usual. And the liquid is settling a bit more toward the top of the carto, since they lay down in my storage container. I had this very issue last night for the first time in several months of vaping. I got a nice taste of the liquid when I first puffed the carto, but it settled down after a few minutes sitting propped up vertically. It baffled me at first too, then I realized what was going on, and now I just shake them down a little before using. Or prop them up for a few minutes before "lighting up"!

No problem, don't worry and don't feel bad about the cigarette purchase. We all do it, and I still have a half-pack of very stale generic menthol cigarettes in my car for emergencies, that I just can't quite throw away. You didn't fail or do any major damage. You've just had a hard vaper's day. We all get one or two. But don't give up on those yummy flavors you like. Just shake em' down or store them upright if you can. Leaving them in the box, and propping the box upright would probably help. I'm going to find some type of solution too for that. But now we know it happens, we'll be prepared:blush:

Gribeau

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
San Antontio, TX
The only time I've managed to get juice in my mouth was when I was drawing WAY too hard on the carto. That was the single nastiest noob mistake I ever made. Blech. The "fix" for my problem was to stick a paperclip in the vent holes around the edge of the battery to clear them out, something had gotten in there and messed up the airflow. I was sucking too hard to try to overcome the reduced airflow. That was a bad idea. :p

You shouldn't ever be sucking juice out of a properly filled carto, even with the battery off. Air should flow through a cartomizer freely, you should be able to hold it up to a light and see all the way through it. You get vapor when the battery is activated because there is a wick that makes contact with the atomizer coil, not because you're sucking out the liquid. If you're sucking liquid out of the wick or wadding you're probably doing something wrong.

So...

Step 1 - Verify that the little round holes around the perimeter of the battery connection are clear. Don't just eyeball it, stick a paperclip or something in there and wiggle it around a bit.

Step 2 - Check and make sure you can see through your cartomizer. If you can't see through it something is wrong. Pop the cap off and make sure the tube is centered. If the tube has liquid in it gently blow the excess out on a paper towel.

Put the cap back on.

Drawing (sucking) gently on the carto without a battery should not make a gurgling sound or result in juice in your mouth. If you can see through the carto but this test gives you juice you're sucking way too hard. Ease up, this ain't a cigarette. :D

Step 3 - Try the carto on your battery again. It's best not to have the battery pointing up when you're using it. Keep the LED aimed down a little bit, the atomizer is down near the battery not up by the mouthpiece. If the carto is really full tilting it up could encourage any slight overfill to escape the batting and head toward your mouth.

Grape V.ape

Apr 16, 2010
heaven
simplest solution for me is to blow juice out into a paper towel

blow into the mouthpiece side and out the battery connection end into a towel

if you want to know if you are gonna get juice ITM suck through the cart without the battery,there should be no gurgle,if it gurgles you're gonna get juice

I have found it is easy to get too much juice into a cart when refilling

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
I had the same problem a few months ago with some new premium cartos - I can't remember what flavor they were. I actually burnt my lip from the juice. I did what others are suggesting: I gave it the thermometer shake and then it was ok. It did hurt like heck but it hasn't happened since that one pack. (They may have been coffee flavor, now that I think about it.)

Ragamuffin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2010
US
I had the same problem a few months ago with some new premium cartos - I can't remember what flavor they were. I actually burnt my lip from the juice. I did what others are suggesting: I gave it the thermometer shake and then it was ok. It did hurt like heck but it hasn't happened since that one pack. (They may have been coffee flavor, now that I think about it.)

Exactly. All these suggestions for remedies is kind of silly. She didn't do anything wrong. They were just laying down for so long, and had plenty of juice in them to settle and not enough time to roll back down into the packing. She never said she was drawing harder than usual. She just tried to vape and got juice. No big solution is needed, she just needs to shake it down or let it sit vertically for a few minutes. Problem solved. Lets not make it harder than it needs to be for her.

Jeff78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Weatherford, OK
www.ninecollective.com
Yep. Gravity works.

I loved Fern Gully!!

Anyways, just do a thermometer shake or do a tayrn spin and you will be fine. I have only had this happen to me, and it was with some carts that were laying on their side for about a month. I just spun them and all was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread