Some cartos of same flavor better than others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBAndrew

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
UK, Southampton
I got my christmas order a few days ago, and the first thing I noticed when I opened the package was a strong smell of menthol as if something leaked (can't find anything though that has and batts seem fine). I noticed that with the packs of menthol/mint/cool etc I bought, every single one has the buttplug stuck to the condom, and even pulling with pliers snaps it rather than detaching it.

Is this because of a leak somewhere at the factory has caused them to "stick", or is this a new design and they are meant to be stuck (doesn't help that half of them are not straight and are a pain in the ... to get back in, not to mention I can't use them in my carrying case)?

Either this is because of previously mentioned problem and I got a bad batch, or the norm, but some of my cartos have the label slightly too low, leaving a tiny bit of sticky at the mouth end and leaving the holes covered up.

My question is, are all cartos different in the vapor they produce and the way they perform? My pack of 5 spearmints, first one on my XL was a cloud generator, vaped it all day till I got the mallow, refilled with another flavor, still vaping great, but 3 others even after taking labels off and reapplying properly, produce much less vapor or require more draw.

Is it normal for some cartos to be "the" ones to use and others to be pretty crud?

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
I got my christmas order a few days ago, and the first thing I noticed when I opened the package was a strong smell of menthol as if something leaked (can't find anything though that has and batts seem fine). I noticed that with the packs of menthol/mint/cool etc I bought, every single one has the buttplug stuck to the condom, and even pulling with pliers snaps it rather than detaching it.

Is this because of a leak somewhere at the factory has caused them to "stick", or is this a new design and they are meant to be stuck (doesn't help that half of them are not straight and are a pain in the ... to get back in, not to mention I can't use them in my carrying case)?

That's the new design! They should still fit in the carrying case. I can't check because I pulled the molded plastic out of my case so it would hold more.

Either this is because of previously mentioned problem and I got a bad batch, or the norm, but some of my cartos have the label slightly too low, leaving a tiny bit of sticky at the mouth end and leaving the holes covered up.

This was a short-term problem that happened while Leaford was sick. He caught it too late, but had that employee moved to shipping so it shouldn't happen again.

My question is, are all cartos different in the vapor they produce and the way they perform? My pack of 5 spearmints, first one on my XL was a cloud generator, vaped it all day till I got the mallow, refilled with another flavor, still vaping great, but 3 others even after taking labels off and reapplying properly, produce much less vapor or require more draw.

I find them pretty uniform. Some cartos like to be tightened down all the way & some I have to back off 1/4 turn or so. Play with it until you find the "sweet spot" for that carto.

Is it normal for some cartos to be "the" ones to use and others to be pretty crud?

See my last note. It just takes a little practice.

See my notes in red above.

calla2

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
Greater ATL

HBAndrew

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
UK, Southampton
Thanks guys, ever so helpful as usual. I usually tighten all cartos with a little bit of force until I can't turn anymore, or until almost tight but the holes match up with the carto slots, not managed to get all the problem ones working better yet but a few are, I'll try tomorrow, nearly 2am and got work. Loving the spearmint and smilin ones more than plain menthol, typical after buying so much menthol lol.

I can't check because I pulled the molded plastic out of my case so it would hold more
Doesn't everything in the case just fall about in your pocket now? Would imagine everything being loose could damage batteries, and yeah would be nice to have the carto holders in the case extended to allow 2 per groove, 4 per case, plenty of room.

Last edited:

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Doesn't everything in the case just fall about in your pocket now? Would imagine everything being loose could damage batteries, and yeah would be nice to have the carto holders in the case extended to allow 2 per groove, 4 per case, plenty of room.

They have new cases on the site that do just that, plus hold 2 batteries.

No, it doesn't rattle much. I only put cartos in it (with condoms) and put several batteries in a coat pocket.

You can also cut a piece of foam to replace the molded plastic. Cut the slots however you like. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread