Help Suorin Air hurting throat out of nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khamul27

Jun 11, 2019
Hey all,
So I've been using a Suorin for about a good month, maybe month and half and it's all been good. Now all of the sudden my throat has been getting a lumpy, dry, sore feeling, almost maybe even a bit swollen when I hit it. It baffles me because I've been using this juice as well for about 1-2 weeks everyday and it was perfectly fine until now. If i gargle mouthwash it kinda gets the coating off my throat and I'll wait maybe 6 hours and my throat is perfectly fine, then I hit my Suorin again and my throat starts getting sore again. Tried replacing pod too. The juice I'm using it SaltBae Iced Winter Green 50mg(I think a 60/40 or 70/30).
How come I've been just fine using a Suorin until now?
Thanks

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If I'm not mistaken, Wintergreen is a pretty strong flavor. A flavor that has the name "ice" in it usually means it is mentholated. It could be the flavor is irritating you throat from over vaping such a strong flavor. Other flavors like Cinnamon, Mint, Menthol, and some citrus flavors can be irritating, also. Give your throat a break using a milder flavor for a bit.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Welcome to the forum!

The above replies make sense to me particularly the bit about certain flavourings.

In Spain this Spring I ran out of juice and bought some stuff from the local tobacconist in this village. I took his Vanilla mix as I thought it would have the least flavouring - but I was wrong. It was overstrong in the flavour department and gave me the most hellish sore throat, which was really painful. As soon as I went back to my normal unflavoured and light menthol juices I was fine.

The standard advice to new vapers to drink more water than usual also applies too.

Hope you get this fixed quickly.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
If the new cartridge caused the same issue it could very well be you've developed an intolerance of either the flavors or all that nicotine in the juice.

Do you chain vape? (Repeated drags a few seconds apart for a few times.) Could be the coil is heating up and causing a hot vape that irratates the throat. A temp controlled device would ease that issue.

If you can, try a lower amount of nicotine first. Say, 35 or 25 strength if that juice has that option.

Like said before, keep a beverage handy, or perhaps a hard candy to get the salivary glands flowing.

• Useful

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
As you are a relatively new vaper, you should consider your PG/VG ratio. If I vape anything over 50% VG (≤40% is better), I can only vape it for a short time each day. On the other hand, there are people who are allergic to PG.

Also look at your nicotine level. 50mg could be fine if you are taking the occasional hit but if you fall into your old smoking pattern and take a lot of puffs in a short time, that could do it (although too much nicotine is more likely to make you nauseated than give you a sore throat).

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread