Not open for further replies.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Hi All,

I share a bit about myself here, and am comfortable doing it. You're such a great crew. Lately I've been going through some depression (a life long, treated problem) and I want an analog so bad.

I know that's not going to solve my problems, maybe a med change will but not likely as I've been on them all.

So I guess I'm just reaching out here for some encouragement. Maybe others have been in my shoes. There is such a stigma regarding mental health it's hard to talk about. But someone here is bound to say something that will help me out.

Thanks in advance.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
My wife and Dr think I use nicotine to self medicate for depression issues, no shame in that bro. Do you have a stash of high(er) nic juice? If not, it's helpful when you are having one of those days.

If you do "fall off the wagon" just remember, you only lose when you quit trying.

I've been there and it is no fun, spending days wondering if you can make it and having no will to get out and enjoy life. This will pass and the aha moment when you see the sun rising, metaphorically, makes you appreciate it all that much more.

We're here for you, your not in it alone!

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Fleet.....
Shoot me an e-mail....we can meet up somewhere if you like....
Meanwhile.....I'll second "upping" the nic content of your juice....every little bit can help!!;)
And...as others have said....DON'T kick yourself if you fall off the wagon....
You are NOT alone in this thing!!
Happy (vaping) Trails!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Good Morning :) I have a suggestion to add in addition to higher nic, a bottle of WTA may do wonders here. My fiance and I both hit a wall about 3 months in and it saved both of our butts.

I just bought a few 10 mls and we both just rotated it in a little per a member suggestion here. That stuff was a miracle on multiple levels. It nipped out the cravings, the anxiety, etc.

Also - if you stumble, remember as long as you dont allow it to get out of hand, its OK. It will be OK, the world will still turn and tomorrow is a new day :)

Good Luck!!! Keep us posted.

Timbuck55

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2014
Queens, New York, United States
I also suggest upping your nic level on a specific joooose you like. I don't think we have ever spoke, maybe I could be wrong, but I'd give you the shirt off my back because that's the person I am because that's how my mother was. If there is any help I can offer please feel free to PM me. Don't go back to analogs. They taste so gross.. Every now and again I'll get really drunk and take a hit off someones analog and it reminds me how bad it tastes and how awesome ejuice tastes. With that being said, stay strong and PM me if there is anything I can do.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Good Morning :) I have a suggestion to add in addition to higher nic, a bottle of WTA may do wonders here. My fiance and I both hit a wall about 3 months in and it saved both of our butts.

I just bought a few 10 mls and we both just rotated it in a little per a member suggestion here. That stuff was a miracle on multiple levels. It nipped out the cravings, the anxiety, etc.

Also - if you stumble, remember as long as you dont allow it to get out of hand, its OK. It will be OK, the world will still turn and tomorrow is a new day :)

Good Luck!!! Keep us posted.

How do you use the WTA? In lieu of juice, or add to it?

And thanks to all for your support. There isn't another forum around that I would share such personal details with. But I knew that once I arrived in Reoville that there were a special breed of people here.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
One thing I didn't mention. I CANNOT fall off the wagon. My mother in law is trying to take my son away from me and one of her arguments at the initial hearing was my smoking. That's why I quit. Not for me, but my son. I'd do anything for him. (I think I've mentioned a few times here he's only 5. And I'm the only sane one in the bunch. Of course that's relatively speaking given my own issues. Theirs are much worse.

Timbuck55

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2014
Also dood, do you vape tobacco flavors? I hate them personally.. But h1n1 from Nicoticket is the ISH! You can try that in a higher nic for those days ya kinda just need it. I'll be honest.. When I go out drinking I have to have h1n1 because it gives me that tobacco "ahhhhh" after I vape it.

Edit: Your brain makes you think you need an analog. Your body is used to nicotine and that's what is dependent on it. Vaping gives you both, without the tobacco. I do highly suggest h1n1 if you haven't tried.

Last edited:

cathleenmarie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Citrus Springs, Florida USA
How do you use the WTA? In lieu of juice, or add to it?

And thanks to all for your support. There isn't another forum around that I would share such personal details with. But I knew that once I arrived in Reoville that there were a special breed of people here.

You can use WTA in lieu of juice OR add it to your juice. I believe most folks add it to their juice.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Hi Black6host,

I'm sorry you are going through a hard time. I'll second or third upping the nic %. It can't hurt. With spring time finally getting to New Hampshire I think it might help to get out and take some good long walks. Exercise sure can help ones mood. Even though you might have to force yourself to do it you'll be happy you did. Do it everyday. Look around at the beautiful world that's out there and become just a part of it. Find a place where you can just sit outside, close your eyes and breathe in and out slowly and listen to all thats going on. In other words let your brain relax. Then walk back home. It can become habit forming. :) We are all related and there are people that care.

If you do have a cigarette its OK. You'll vape again. Don't beat yourself up with guilt. We all fall down and we get back up.

PS. Thursdays weather in Concord is rain in the morning. Put on some good rain clothes and go for a walk in the rain.Laugh like a mad man at yourself. That should be fun.

Last edited:

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Also dood, do you vape tobacco flavors? I hate them personally.. But h1n1 from Nicoticket is the ISH! You can try that in a higher nic for those days ya kinda just need it. I'll be honest.. When I go out drinking I have to have h1n1 because it gives me that tobacco "ahhhhh" after I vape it.

Edit: Your brain makes you think you need an analog. Your body is used to nicotine and that's what is dependent on it. Vaping gives you both, without the tobacco. I do highly suggest h1n1 if you haven't tried.

One of my first juice purchases was a tobacco juice. Couldn't stand it. Went straight to just menthol, which is what I used to smoke. But I'll not say no to something that might help. I'll order some today.

I'm started at 24mgs, went down to low ohm (not sub ohm) coils and still stayed at 24. So I'm hesitant to up my nic as others have suggested. Maybe I need to for the occasional vape. Right now, as I write this, I'm chain vaping. I'll try your suggestion, and the one above about tobacco alkaloids.

I've got all my mixing gear, lots of supplies. I could easily bump up my nic level in my current juice today. Might try that while waiting for my order to arrive....

Thank you for the suggestion!

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Hi Black6host,

I'm sorry you are going through a hard time. I'll second or third upping the nic %. It can't hurt. With spring time finally getting to New Hampshire I think it might help to get out and take some good long walks. Exercise sure can help ones mood. Even though you might have to force yourself to do it you'll be happy you did. Do it everyday. Look around at the beautiful world that's out there and become just a part of it. Find a place where you can just sit outside, close your eyes and breathe in and out slowly and listen to all thats going on. In other words let your brain relax. Then walk back home. It can become habit forming. :) We are all related and there are people that care.

If you do have a cigarette its OK. You'll vape again. Don't beat yourself up with guilt. We all fall down and we get back up.

PS. Thursdays weather in Concord is rain in the morning. Put on some good rain clothes and go for a walk in the rain.Laugh like a mad man at yourself. That should be fun.

I love to walk in the rain. Got a nice oil cloth duster that's perfect for it. Hard for me to walk though as I have other problems as well. But I bet my son would love it! I'll grab the cane and give it a try :)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Hi All,

I share a bit about myself here, and am comfortable doing it. You're such a great crew. Lately I've been going through some depression (a life long, treated problem) and I want an analog so bad.

I know that's not going to solve my problems, maybe a med change will but not likely as I've been on them all.

So I guess I'm just reaching out here for some encouragement. Maybe others have been in my shoes. There is such a stigma regarding mental health it's hard to talk about. But someone here is bound to say something that will help me out.

Thanks in advance.
So sorry that you are having this urge.

Adjusting your nic level is a very good suggestion.

Also it might help to evaluate some of the other things you did while smoking.
I would go outside to smoke. That gave me a chance to get away from what I was doing for a few minutes. A change in scenery, and letting my mind take a break or concentrate on something different would help.

I believe our habits associated with the act of smoking are or were very important. Repeating them while vaping just might help you fight the urge to light up a cig.

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
You are not alone in your battle. I had to use WTA juice early on. I kept a mod loaded with it and ONLY vaped it when the bad cravings hit, I very slowly weaned myself off of the WTA and found other ways to deal with things in a much healthier manner. You would be surprised what a little bit of sunshine or a walk, would do for a person :)

Timbuck55

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2014
One of my first juice purchases was a tobacco juice. Couldn't stand it. Went straight to just menthol, which is what I used to smoke. But I'll not say no to something that might help. I'll order some today.

I'm started at 24mgs, went down to low ohm (not sub ohm) coils and still stayed at 24. So I'm hesitant to up my nic as others have suggested. Maybe I need to for the occasional vape. Right now, as I write this, I'm chain vaping. I'll try your suggestion, and the one above about tobacco alkaloids.

I've got all my mixing gear, lots of supplies. I could easily bump up my nic level in my current juice today. Might try that while waiting for my order to arrive....

Thank you for the suggestion!

I sub ohm vape now. I started on tanks with 24mg and have worked my way down to 6mg nic. I drip and using 12mg nic KILLS me lol. But I do have 12nic I can put in a tank if I ever need. I smoked over a pack of New Ports a day. To me, the success is finding good ejuices that make you want to use them over an analog and the device in which you are using. I get my Reo today as I've never used one. h1n1 is simply bliss to me. a light tobacco flavor, peanuts, caramel and a hint of vanilla. Plus Clark, the owner and mixologist, is one of the most honest, approachable and friendly person I've ran into in my vaping journey. I like to have a personable relationship with who I get my juice from because it goes in my body lol. I think h1n1 might hit the spot for you because like I mentioned.. I used to smoke a ton when I was drinking and being an Army man I drink lol. h1n1 has to come with me when I go for drinks.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
I sub ohm vape now. I started on tanks with 24mg and have worked my way down to 6mg nic. I drip and using 12mg nic KILLS me lol. But I do have 12nic I can put in a tank if I ever need. I smoked over a pack of New Ports a day. To me, the success is finding good ejuices that make you want to use them over an analog and the device in which you are using. I get my Reo today as I've never used one. h1n1 is simply bliss to me. a light tobacco flavor, peanuts, caramel and a hint of vanilla. Plus Clark, the owner and mixologist, is one of the most honest, approachable and friendly person I've ran into in my vaping journey. I like to have a personable relationship with who I get my juice from because it goes in my body lol. I think h1n1 might hit the spot for you because like I mentioned.. I used to smoke a ton when I was drinking and being an Army man I drink lol. h1n1 has to come with me when I go for drinks.

I'll try to reach him today, maybe explain my situation to see if I can't get a quick delivery. When times like these hit they can last a spell. I asked for help, people have been most kind to my request. I am going to try all that was suggested. I have to. I was 2.5 PAD smoker for years (40 or so) so my nic requirements are high. But I don't want to get sick either by over compensating...

What a wonderful group of people here, I can't say that enough. It makes me cry, though in a good way.

Last edited:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
black6, you've already received some informative and intelligent answers to your question.

all i can offer is that i thought your question was also highly informative and intelligent, and that is what gives me hope that you will find a better alternative than the ciggies.

i would venture to add that questions like yours helps us all, and i thank you for asking it.

hang in there. many of us are only hanging an inch or two away.

Timbuck55

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2014
I'll try to reach him today, maybe explain my situation to see if I can't get a quick delivery. When times like these hit they can last a spell. I asked for help, people have been most kind to my request. I am going to try all that was suggested. I have to.

What a wonderful group of people here, I can't say that enough. It makes me cry, though in a good way.

He has always shipped my orders same day. The one time he didn't was when there was a short run of one of his juices and it was sold out in like 2 hours.. 12mg nic was sold out in 10 minutes. He's a good dood and will help you with anything you need. We all here for the same reason.. To give our help, talk about our journey, and to encourage and praise those who quit the stinkies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread