Help with 4nine purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
And the myth keeps growing.

The Original First release had no Delrin insert in the top piece. The Button top battery is needed to assure no contact with the Top causing a Hard Short.
Even a button top can bridge the gap of an Atty if the center pin sits to high.

A button top can add height for short 510 connections
A flat top can reduce height for Long 510 connections

A Button top (might) auto fire a long 510 atty
A Flat top (might) not fire a Short Atty

thanks! understood!

my yeahsmo version seems to be up to date
4nine top cap.jpg

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
Well, I got my black 4nine and black nano kit today from Artemus, and I gotta admit... I'm pleasantly surprised! My Ehpro KFL+ v2 doesn't spin, nano kit looks great, magnet seems very secure in the spacer, smooth button, tube seams are, well... seamless (MUCH better than my Infinite RC Stingray).

Can't ask for much more! I'm anxiously awaiting my copper kayfun now :)

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
Well, I got my black 4nine and black nano kit today from Artemus, and I gotta admit... I'm pleasantly surprised! My Ehpro KFL+ v2 doesn't spin, nano kit looks great, magnet seems very secure in the spacer, smooth button, tube seams are, well... seamless (MUCH better than my Infinite RC Stingray).

Can't ask for much more! I'm anxiously awaiting my copper kayfun now :)

Wish you didn't tell me that! LOL.. Now I kind of wish I didn't switch it.. but oh well stingray will look pretty nice with my black KF waiting in my mailbox..

dfwraptor

Verified Member
May 9, 2013
texas
Ok so I got this thing working good with some tinkering finally! I sanded down the the magnet on the switch and super glued a bigger stronger magnet to the switch with a copper spring around the magnet, as for the opposing magnets I drilled the hole out bigger and put bigger stronger magnets in that and works like a charm. I almost gave up on it.
1405909584489.jpg

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I ordered and already received the SXK Stingray X from focalecig from their USA warehouse. Ordered Tuesday, arrived in the mail Thursday. Very nice. They're supposed to get a new shipment of them either Monday or Tuesday. For just $38 its a sweet deal.

Same day as the brushed brass 4nine showing up from their Chinese location. Very nice for $16 and it even included the improved top cap for what that's worth. Looks even better than the brushed stainless steel version I already received from them.

So if you've been thinking about ordering from focalecig, just do it. The models are nice and they're inexpensive. I'm debating between the copper and black PVD coated one, which I'll order next.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
I'm more than happy with my 4 nine from fluid vapes. It's the yeahsmo version and I was a little spooked but all the tolerances are great and it's one of my top three mods.

I work in an office and I'm fortunate to be able to vape at my desk. The two below will be on Mondays menu with nicotickets Creme brûlée in one and DNA London bridges in the other.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 25

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
Lol I dont blame you. Did you guys see there is a new version at custommodcreations? Not even going to try and get that lol

I'm actually going to give a shot with the black one.. I trust him that he got the issues fixed.. We shall see though, wont ship out until next week.

I got enough to keep me busy... thinking about selling my AR mod though.. thing is sweet but too big with the bottom button for my liking

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
Keep us in the loop, Boston. It's such a beautiful mod, but I know that 510 connection was causing some trouble. Even improved, it's still probably not a great first mech... Oh well.

Yea.. I mean it's not like a spent a ton of money on it.. and if it still sucks, I'll trade it back for the stingray instead.. I just want that small form factor.. its the biggest selling point..

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
got the v2 4nine today.. I can't compare to the v1's but the magnet seems pretty strong.. not as strong as the legit ones.. but the finish on the copper is nice.

so we had agreed on the black 4nine instead of the copper .. and he sent me a black kayfun a couple weeks back to hold me over...

well today I got the copper 4nine AND a copper KF to match... I dont know if he forgot, and just looked at my original order, or if he hooked me up for having to wait so long..

either way I'm pretty happy and this thing is so friggen tiny! it's being rinsed and dried right now, but ill post pics of it as soon as i have time.

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
Nice! And that KF doesn't have the adjustable 510, right? I need a dictionary for all these mech/RBA terms... rice pins, delrins... what? Anyway, I'm interested to see how the v2 gets along with it. Hope it works well!

the KayFun DOES have an adjustable 510 pin.. not sure if the other brands so, but all of his come with it standard.

Well bad news.. the magnet already crapped out on me after one night of use.. went to use it this morning and its like the polarity changed on it.. which in turn shorted it and almost burned out my battery..

ordered some more magnets from amazon.. maybe they were still crap? I dunno.. i didn't do anything different with it since last night.. and i took everything apart before I went to sleep.. god dmn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread