Help with an AIO for best favor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfer369

Sep 1, 2018
Hi all,

I am new to vaping and first post here. I am really lost and confused and would appreciate some help.

I got stared last week and got a aspire pocket x as I wanted something small and portable.

Now as I am learning more, I found out that it doesn’t have much lower and not ideal for flavor.

I want a simple no fuss device that is not too small or too big but can provide me with the best possible flavor.

I want it to be easy, I don’t want to rebuild anything, something where I can change the coil and go.

I will be also vaping occasionally, and store it for a couple weeks, so no leaks etc. I also would take it around when traveling.

I have heard that tank is the most important for flavor but not sure if I need to purchase the mod ( btw is that body) and tank ( which hold the juice ) separately and do I also have to buy coil or the tank comes with a coil?

Or do I buy an AIO device? Which come with the mod and body.

I also don’t want to be constantly change temperature etc, just set it once and be done and enjoy vaping.

I also went back to the vape shop to try flavors and found out that there were only two flavors that I liked and could not even taste the other flavors all were muted.

So please recommend me a device

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have heard that tank is the most important for flavor but not sure if I need to purchase the mod ( btw is that body) and tank ( which hold the juice ) separately and do I also have to buy coil or the tank comes with a coil?

So please recommend me a device
The tank is what actually creates the vapor, so IMHO it is the most important part of the setup (aside from the batteries used should you choose an external battery mod). The mod is the battery device.

You'll need to replace the coils in the tank when necessary. They usually last between 2 - 4 weeks.

The vast majority of mods today are variable wattage, meaning you can adjust the vaper to suit your personal preference. Once you find your personal "sweet spot", you don't have to adjust the wattage setting thereafter.

You can either buy your tank and battery device separately, or sometimes buy them together in a kit. I'll recommend the following:

Innokin Kroma-A with Zenith Starter Kit
Price: $49.99
star4.5.gif
(18)​

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
  • Typical starter setups recommended for a new vaper.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The problem is many/most AOI may give you the same issues as your pod. They're not very customizable, many are fixed wattage, sometimes it's hard to get a great vape without adjustable wattage, etc.

I think Baditude has given you an excellent recommendation as far as a SETUP that will give you great flavor, the Innoken Zenith tank is one of the better MTL setups out there currently, and there are various coil options and they all last, you'd have full control over your wattage and airflow, etc.

If you want something smaller I might suggest a Nautilus 2 tank, although the capacity is smaller and it comes with what is essentially a 1.7 ml tank which can mean a lot of refilling but the Nautilus coils are well liked an it comes with an internal battery as a starter kit (the zelos) if that is more appealing.

You can really put any tank on any mod (depending on tank diameter) they all use a 510 connection and a pico mod (not so much the starter KIT that tank isn't exactly MTL) there are lots of smaller, adjustable mods out there, but internal and external.

If you are hungering for perhaps a bit more vapor well the Vapresso Tarot mini (the tank takes 0.5 coils which is not crazy low resistance) and it has an internal battery (but you could certainly look at larger Vapresso stuff if you don't want an internal battery they make good stuff generally, well, that might be an option.

Juice may be tasting muted for many reason, a) tastebuds haven't recovered yet b) adjusting to new things, c) you just haven't found "your" juices yet, so keep tasting.

Finally, if you must get an AIO, a lot of folks have had success with the Innoken T18 and T20. It's a fixed wattage setup but the coils are designed for the wattage and it's more pen style I think many new vapers swear by them..
Good luck,
Anna

Surfer369

Sep 1, 2018
Thank you this is great, I have a few questions.
1. I forgot to mention that I am a DTL. So will the Innokin Kroma be a good fit. I was about to get it, but then review the guy says, that the tank cannot be completely taken apart so cleaning is not so easy, would that be an issue i want to switch between flavors?

2. if I want to get something so i have more customizable,
what Mod would you recommend and what tank, I am also reading that Mesh tanks are better? are they the same price or cheaper?

3. These are the two tanks I have come across a lot -

Uwell Crown 3
FreeMax FireLuke Mesh Coils Sub-Ohm (Maybe you're a DTL vaper who rarely goes above 40-50 watts But you do want big clouds, without sacrificing any flavor.Well, in that case, the Crown 3 and FreeMax Fireluke won't make you happy, because both these tanks have muted flavor if you vape under 70 watts (again: with regular airflow settings, if you go for restricted hits you'll get better flavor, but do you want that as a DTL vaper?).

I am leaning on the Freemax Fireluke, reading the above, as I want the best possible flavor.

So, what
should I get if I want to get a Mod, tank and batteries?

Can some one
break down the cost of every part and which one will i need to replace the most often. eventually I would like to add another device so at any given point I have two devices for with two different flavors.

I also would like to know, can you take these in your carry on while traveling? do I need to be mindful of anything regarding traveling and the device I choose?

• Optimistic

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Just started to I went for the Aspire 50w Zelos and the nautilus 2 tank its MTL kit but you can kind of DTL as well but not want its ment for as I like you I wanted to juice and go not faff about making coils and stuff.
This “going faff” you speak of.. is it an anomonopia like “bang” or “boom”?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
For tanks, if you can find the Crown 1 vs the Crown 3 it generally gets better reviews, however if you are very sure of subohm the Crown 3.

Yes, you have to take everything in carry on in planes, including eliquid I think.

Lots of folks like the Freemax tank for flavor, it's pretty subOhm though but it gets good reviews.

And any mod which supports your wattage needs should work there are many of them. For battery information and general guides, go here:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/baditudes-blogs.7609/

Mooch lists authentic suppliers and you should purchase from them after figure out which batteries may work best for your battery needs.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: Surfer369

Surfer369

Sep 1, 2018
The more I am reading the more confused I am.
1.SMOANT CYLON 218W TC BOX MOD + FreeMax FireLuke Mesh, would this be a good combo? not sure about batteries or chargers or coils for these, why are the coils of different rating (ohms) and which one to get.

Eleaf iStick Pico + FreeMax FireLuke Mesh or the Uwell Crown 3 or the FreeMax FireLuke Mesh

open to other suggestions.

Surfer369

Sep 1, 2018
For tanks, if you can find the Crown 1 vs the Crown 3 it generally gets better reviews, however if you are very sure of subohm the Crown 3.

Yes, you have to take everything in carry on in planes, including eliquid I think.

Lots of folks like the Freemax tank for flavor, it's pretty subOhm though but it gets good reviews.

And any mod which supports your wattage needs should work there are many of them. For battery information and general guides, go here:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/baditudes-blogs.7609/

Mooch lists authentic suppliers and you should purchase from them after figure out which batteries may work best for your battery needs.

Good luck,

Anna

What is a subOhm and how does that matter or what should I be looking or avoiding. I would appreciate if you or anyone could comment on my choices listed.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thank you this is great, I have a few questions.
1. I forgot to mention that I am a DTL. So will the Innokin Kroma be a good fit. I was about to get it, but then review the guy says, that the tank cannot be completely taken apart so cleaning is not so easy, would that be an issue i want to switch between flavors?

2. if I want to get something so i have more customizable,
what Mod would you recommend and what tank, I am also reading that Mesh tanks are better? are they the same price or cheaper?

3. These are the two tanks I have come across a lot -

Uwell Crown 3
FreeMax FireLuke Mesh Coils Sub-Ohm (Maybe you're a DTL vaper who rarely goes above 40-50 watts But you do want big clouds, without sacrificing any flavor.Well, in that case, the Crown 3 and FreeMax Fireluke won't make you happy, because both these tanks have muted flavor if you vape under 70 watts (again: with regular airflow settings, if you go for restricted hits you'll get better flavor, but do you want that as a DTL vaper?).

I am leaning on the Freemax Fireluke, reading the above, as I want the best possible flavor.

So, what
should I get if I want to get a Mod, tank and batteries?

Can some one
break down the cost of every part and which one will i need to replace the most often. eventually I would like to add another device so at any given point I have two devices for with two different flavors.

I also would like to know, can you take these in your carry on while traveling? do I need to be mindful of anything regarding traveling and the device I choose?
In that line, I suggest you take a look at the Crown Nunchaku. Great advanced starter kit, and quite inexpensive. Comes with a basic but great stick mod, with VW.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ok one more to ask, I am thinking of going with an internal battery, so have decided upon the vaperesso revenger mini, where should i buy it from a reputable online reseller so I get a genuine product.
Avoid Vaporesso mods if you can. There are other internal battery options, such as Joyetech. Any that you pick will be a great vape. From Vaporesso I'd go for the Cascade Baby, that has a great mesh head and it's not as massive a tank.
On the other hand mesh coils are very power hungry. If you're decided about the Mesh Pro I suggest a 2 battery mod, it'll last you the full day. An internal battery mod won't last you more than a couple of hours.

• Useful

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
I would never recommend an internal battery mod. If you buy one, you'll need to buy two of them. What are you going to use while you're charging it? What are you going to do when it runs out and you're not near a wall receptacle? I would recommend the Vaporesso Armour Pro with a Cascade Baby tank. The mod takes a 21700 battery which lasts a long time and the mod is relatively small. The Cascade tank provides great flavor and you have a variety of pop in coils including mesh and ceramic. You can set it to VW which is easy to use for a beginner and all the more advanced options will be there when you decide to try them. Eightvape has them for $42.95 which is a pretty good deal. You should also spend some time shopping, you'll be amazed how much you can learn while you're searching.
Edited to add: You should also buy two batteries and a charger. (Not from Amazon or Ebay).

• Useful

Surfer369

Sep 1, 2018
Avoid Vaporesso mods if you can. There are other internal battery options, such as Joyetech. Any that you pick will be a great vape. From Vaporesso I'd go for the Cascade Baby, that has a great mesh head and it's not as massive a tank.
On the other hand mesh coils are very power hungry. If you're decided about the Mesh Pro I suggest a 2 battery mod, it'll last you the full day. An internal battery mod won't last you more than a couple of hours.

I wil be buying it from USA, so any preferred or reputable vendor for gear?

AT this point I am confusing myself a lot. I really liked the Innokin Kroma but too bad its MTL. so thats out.
So Vapresso mini is out because th battery life sucks, and you are saying to avoid Vapresso altogether.

So I also for a bit thought about Innokin Proton, not sure I want an external battery setup. I really want something easy to use that gives me great flavor. for the Uwell that you recommended it looks like it is an external battery setup, worried about all this battery exploding issues that I am reading.

what would be your top 3 - internal battery, easy to use, great flavor starter kit
and your top 3 - external battery mod+tank combo for a beginner

I am not stuck on mesh coil, but heard that its better than the regular coil that why i added that in there.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
aYou know, internal batteries are often fine for new users, sometimes preferred, because they're less complicated than removable setups, and depending on type of wattage there's always the possibility that it can charge overnight, although I will note a) it's really not recommended to charge unattended, and b) although "passthrough" vaping may be possible, it's really not something I recommend either, as you are essentially asking a battery to charge/discharge rapidly as you vape/charge and that's not really something.... I just kind of imagine it's not so great. IDK.

With that said, you can get two smaller internal battery mods and alternate charging them, certainly and if one breaks, you have a backup.

If you want a cigarette-like DRAW, well vaperesso MODS would be fine, but most of their tanks aim in a more sub0hm direction so if you don't want a massive plume of vapor well your best bet is not a vapresso KIT although their mods are quite nice and well designed especially for the price.

I'm going to give you a couple options for MTL internal setups but I am in no way implying they are the "best" and also ANY internal battery has a shelf life so at some point you may want to increase your range.

The aspire zelos 50 or 70 watt mod, nice, (Aspire is pretty high quality) well put together vape, the 50 doesn't do temp control but it will have a Nautilus 2 on top and that doesn't have TC coils anyway so if the battery gets you through the day, no real advantage to the 75 or 85 w model at this point. This was my quitting tank, I'm never going to knock it, it is also not "a perfect" tank it can be hard to fill, if you fill to the fill line, you will only get 1.7 ml capacity which isn't terrible but not fantastic either. Metal sleeve is protective of drops but can also work as a heat sink if chain vaping. 3 coil choices: 1.8, tightest draw 1.6 medium 0.7 slightly subohm.

The Eleaf pico but I would NOT get the kit, the Melo 3 is not a MTL tank in my opinion but tons of folks like this mod, and honestly, for the size and form factor AND NOW being able to get one with a removable battery is great. Inexpensive. You can only use smaller atomizers on this one due to the battery cap placement but honestly, if you get something like oh, say, another decent MTL tank like the Nicholas Vapefly (1.6 and 0..6 coils slightly airier vape but still MTL I like mine but don't use it all the time anymore.)

I guess the Innoken T18s or T20s, they're a more stick style internal battery mods, not too expensive, they are fixed wattage setups but the coils are designed for said wattage. You could easily get a couple of these, and many new quitters swear by them.

I still think the Innoken Kroma is your best bet as far as an awesome MTL vape,. but if you don't like it, you don't like it.

Good luck,

Anna

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The Pockex is similar power to many AIO systems.

You take a battery (3.7v output most probably) and a 0.6ohm coil and most customers are going to be fairly happy. That's around 22-23 watts.

That vape is certainly the same power as a traditional sub-ohm system but at the very lowest end of the power range. I can vape at 8 watts or 88 watts by the way.

More power uses more liquid and makes more vapor which can improve the intensity of the flavor. A tasteless coil or tank design is not going to change with more power usually.

Unfortunately, if you decide to build your own combo of battery and tank, you have some work to do.

I would always go with an external battery mod.
I would also go with a tank that has readily available and inexpensive coils.

If I want to vape at over 50w with a factory coil tank I use a dual battery mod with a Smok tank but use "Vapesoon" coils which are half the Smok price.

If I want to vape 20-30 watts with a factory coil tank I use single or double battery mod with an Eleaf (iJustS) tank or Uwell (Crown1) tank.

Like I said.... to know these things takes time, reading, experience, time, trial and error.

Some coils are just too expensive for me. Some days I don't use a tank anyway so I get a long time from my coils.

• Useful

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I wil be buying it from USA, so any preferred or reputable vendor for gear?

AT this point I am confusing myself a lot. I really liked the Innokin Kroma but too bad its MTL. so thats out.
So Vapresso mini is out because th battery life sucks, and you are saying to avoid Vapresso altogether.

So I also for a bit thought about Innokin Proton, not sure I want an external battery setup. I really want something easy to use that gives me great flavor. for the Uwell that you recommended it looks like it is an external battery setup, worried about all this battery exploding issues that I am reading.

what would be your top 3 - internal battery, easy to use, great flavor starter kit
and your top 3 - external battery mod+tank combo for a beginner

I am not stuck on mesh coil, but heard that its better than the regular coil that why i added that in there.

Don't worry about exploding batteries. The Nunchaku stick is regulated, so if you buy this LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A Battery
Or these Samsung 30Q 18650 3000mAh 15A Battery
you'll be plenty safe. You can charge them on mod, but better is to have an external charger
Efest LUC V4 4 Channel Battery Charger
Now, mesh coils give great flavor but are power hungry. You'll need a bigger mod, not necessarily boxy but can handle the more power that mesh coils require. If you want mesh, I suggest you buy the Vaporesso Cascade Baby and use it with the Nunchaku mod, it'll handle it fine.
Baby steps, the Nunchaku is a great DTL starter kt, will be more than plenty for your necessities now.
As for vendors in the US, My Vapor Store and Element Vapes can be a little pricey but are very trusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread