Help with Avocado 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAlert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
NJ
It's been a long time since I built my own coils and when this tank came out it had every feature that I wanted in a tank so I jumped on it. Been trying to like it for the past 4 days, but I'm not overly thrilled with it. Been using 26 ga. SS316l wrapped at 3mm contact coils comes out to .6ohms. Using KGD cotton to just inside the tank. Seems to be wicking fine but I constantly get a metallic taste like hot metal. Tried from 20w up to 35 and it only gets worse the higher I go. What am I doing wrong. Checked the coil while pulsing, glows from the middle out both legs have no glow. Any advice you guys have would be much appreciated. Also seems to sizzle for a second after I let off the power.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
It's been a long time since I built my own coils and when this tank came out it had every feature that I wanted in a tank so I jumped on it. Been trying to like it for the past 4 days, but I'm not overly thrilled with it. Been using 26 ga. SS316l wrapped at 3mm contact coils comes out to .6ohms. Using KGD cotton to just inside the tank. Seems to be wicking fine but I constantly get a metallic taste like hot metal. Tried from 20w up to 35 and it only gets worse the higher I go. What am I doing wrong. Checked the coil while pulsing, glows from the middle out both legs have no glow. Any advice you guys have would be much appreciated. Also seems to sizzle for a second after I let off the power.
I retired both of mine yesterday. It seemed to wick fine but very little flavor.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread