Geek Vape Avocado 24 RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
i just ordered a black one to go on my Sig213. curious to see if this can hang with my Limitless RDTA which is my favorite atty at the moment. :)
Somehow I doubt it, but let us know how it turns out.

I picked up a Genelocity, velocity deck with a 4.5ml tank underneath. SS Cables feed the coil wicks and it has a perfectly working side fill valve at the bottom. Big cyclops air slots and a 10mm drip tip bore. I need to get some fused Claptons in it. :thumbs:

VfMy0lp.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
hey TD! how have i not heard of the genelocity? lol. that thing looks crazy! the knurling gives is a flash-e look, which i know you're a fan of. it's a bit too tall for my liking, but very cool concept of mashing attys together.
It's a clone of the German Stil Vapor Genius2, Shenray put a velocity deck on it instead of the 3 post one Stil uses.

Those crazy Germans... they sure do like the industrial look for their RTAs. :D

Reactions: MadVLN

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Somehow I doubt it, but let us know how it turns out.

I picked up a Genelocity, velocity deck with a 4.5ml tank underneath. SS Cables feed the coil wicks and it has a perfectly working side fill valve at the bottom. Big cyclops air slots and a 10mm drip tip bore. I need to get some fused Claptons in it. :thumbs:

VfMy0lp.jpg
What the frack; so much in that paragraph I know nothing of. I was going to ask "Is SS cable wicking like mesh?", but it looks so different.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
What the frack; so much in that paragraph I know nothing of. I was going to ask "Is SS cable wicking like mesh?", but it looks so different.

ha, same here. i've heard people talking about SS cable, but assumed they were talking about SS rolled mesh. never actually seen it until now. lol, it's actual cable. looks awesome!

Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

ha, same here. i've heard people talking about SS cable, but assumed they were talking about SS rolled mesh. never actually seen it until now. lol, it's actual cable. looks awesome!
Stainless steel cable can be used as a wick to wrap mesh around or it can be used like in the Genelocity as a feeder wick for the Rayon/Cotton. All 6 pieces are cut to fit so the ends touch the bottom of the tank and sit flush with the deck. The Rayon/Cotton tails lay on top of the cable ends wicking up the juice. Capillary action brings the juice up the SS Cable to feed the tails.

Stainless Cable Coil Wick
7x19Main__60879.1367930665.1280.1280.jpg

Capillary action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For old Genny use you wrap it with a SS mesh and wrap your coil over them. You do need to torch the cable like you do the mesh to create an oxide layer making it non conductive for that use.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
very cool. would it work on your avocado 24?
It just might, there are 3 holes on each side on the Genelocity and only 2 on the 24, so it might not wick fast enough. I might bring in some SS Cable next time I order and check it out. You need the cable diameter to just fit the hole without and friction or too loose.

I think the 24 has 3mm holes.

Reactions: Petabread

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Anyone else notice their resistance being higher on the Avocado 24 versus the same build in other tanks?

My normal .37 build reads .41 on my Avocado 24. Makes using this in TC mode pretty atrocious. Everything is nice and tight, but still resistance inconsistencies.
I had issues at the start with bad TC readings, come to find out my center post was a bit loose after I thought everything was tight. After you remove the short 510 screw get a good screwdriver that fits the center post and make sure it is tight.

If it is consistent reading .41 instead of .37 then just lock it in at .41 instead. If it changes then you have something loose.

Reactions: Petabread

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Stainless steel cable can be used as a wick to wrap mesh around or it can be used like in the Genelocity as a feeder wick for the Rayon/Cotton. All 6 pieces are cut to fit so the ends touch the bottom of the tank and sit flush with the deck. The Rayon/Cotton tails lay on top of the cable ends wicking up the juice. Capillary action brings the juice up the SS Cable to feed the tails.

Stainless Cable Coil Wick
7x19Main__60879.1367930665.1280.1280.jpg

Capillary action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For old Genny use you wrap it with a SS mesh and wrap your coil over them. You do need to torch the cable like you do the mesh to create an oxide layer making it non conductive for that use.
:eek:

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
It just might, there are 3 holes on each side on the Genelocity and only 2 on the 24, so it might not wick fast enough. I might bring in some SS Cable next time I order and check it out. You need the cable diameter to just fit the hole without and friction or too loose.

I think the 24 has 3mm holes.
Cable works great. You still have to do the Genny Tilt.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I've had mine for 3 days now and it's really nice! I do find that the flavor comes and goes at times, not sure why. Any suggestions from those that have had theirs for a while??!!
When does that happen? If it occurs when you chain vape, then it means the wick is not feeding liquid to the coil fast enough, and so you may need to trim/taper the tails.

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
When does that happen? If it occurs when you chain vape, then it means the wick is not feeding liquid to the coil fast enough, and so you may need to trim/taper the tails.

Thanks for the tip, the shop where I picked this up threw a dual coil build in there at .5 26ga. Do you find it better in single or dual for flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread