Not open for further replies.

IcyShadowz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
SouthWest Mi
ok so i have one of these
Purple-Mini-9-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp2.jpg

first im trying to test the leds that come in it i have fresh batts in it but its not working how do i test the entire 3 together to see if im getting power i tried it on 1.5v but that doesn't show up anything and turned out to be a waste of time the light wont come on i tested them individually and it shows up im trying to see if the parts in that black piece are usable to make a batt for my 510

Last edited:

duby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
atlanta
You are going to have to give more detail and explain your question better to get a solid answer.

how do i test the entire 3 together to see if im getting power
It has 9 LEDs so I assume you mean the batteries. Test batteries with a multimeter.
Other than that, to test batteries in the light, you put the batteries in the holder, the holder in the flashlight and push the button. (See what I mean about usable answers and more detailed questions).

im trying to see if the parts in that black piece are usable
I suppose you could run 3aaa's in series similar to a puck style mod.

The madvapes mod you linked uses a 14500 lithium bat, completely different that AAA alkalines or nimh.
That mod is pretty self explainatory, its commonly known as a magnum or torch mod. Lots of youtube videos by those name.s

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
My 3aaa flashlight mod
I just finished modding this flashlight, it will vape with 3 NiMh aaas, but it's a pretty weak vape and the batts taper off and die quickly. I'm waiting for my 18650s from China then I'm going to move my + connector up to fit them....

You can test your battery pack with the led array by soldering a wire to the + (near the center) and - (near the outside edge) of your led array and then holding those wires to each side of the batt holder (+ to + and - to -), or use a multi-meter to check the voltage coming off the batt holder, should be close to 3.6-4.2vDC unloaded with fresh NiMh aaa's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread