Help with E-juice mixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justmey2k

Feb 20, 2015
Aurora,IL
I have tried making my first batch of start to finish e-juice. I used the E-juicemeup app.
it was a 10ml batch.
2.75 PG
6.75 VG
5% TFA Black Honey
70/30 blend

I went with high VG for the vapor. Why did it taste like Yak ....? I used a standard CE4 tank that was cleaned from previous use.
I did the same with TFA Orange Mandarin to check if I did something wrong. It too taste like Yak ..... Really bad, no flavor, itchy throat,
mostly taste like straight VG.

Where did I go wrong?:confused: Using CE4 tank, C-Twist at 3.2, 3.4, 3.6, 4.0

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum justmey2k. Glad to have you here!:)

DIYing is a process of trial and error.

Your percentages of flavoring may be too high or too low and/or your juice may need to age a bit.

For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum. You will not be able to post there until you get in your first 5 posts and the servers update at :25 past the hour. Make sure to read all the "stickies".

Recommended Reading For People New to DYI

For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp

Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/298547-nicotine-comparisons.html

1. Flavor Arts (FA) - Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings
2. The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) - The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread => Also see Bill's Magic Vapor Blogs
3. Inawera (IW) - Inawera - a few reviews
4. Capella (CAP) - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/637270-diy-capellas-recipe-thread-v2-0-a.html
5. Hangsen (HS) - The Hangsen Thread
6. VapingZone (VZ) - New Super Concentrated Flavors & New Super Concentrated Flavors - Part 2
7. Flavor West (FW) - Flavor West DIY flavor review

DIY Recipe Sites

* ECF E-Liquid Recipes <= Feel free to post your recipes here for all members to enjoy
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* E-Liquid-Recipes
* UK E-Liquid Recipes
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes
* http://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice

Reactions: cocy c

justmey2k

Feb 20, 2015
Aurora,IL
Hey guys, LOL Ablonz, you busted me, It only steeped for 2 days, BUT in my defense, I'm new to this, what happened was, I did
a little mixing of VG to existing eJuice, (it was NJoy brand with 0 nic, which they don't sell anymore!!!!!!!! :evil: ) which worked fine, NOT SO
with start to finish mixing i'm learning.

Thanks for the reply's
@Susan~S I get the feeling i'm gonna be VERY glad you were on shift when I joined. :toast: :p

Last edited:
I just finished a batch of Black Honey. I generally do 30 ml batches aiming for 60/40 vg/pg. I used 15% flavoring on my first batch and it was way too strong. These days I mix 5% Black Honey if my nicotine is going to be above 15% and I'm making a regular 60/40 batch. I have experimented with thicker blends though and find that when going above 70% vg I need slightly more flavoring (about 8%) and I double my steep time. Speaking of steep time, my standard Black Honey steeps for at least a week, preferably ten days, high vg blends steep for two weeks minimum. I steep in a cool, dark location at room temp, shaking the bottles vigorously every couple of days but that's all I do. I don't open the bottles to "let them breathe" or heat them or use ultrasonics or mixing sticks or any other perceived shortcuts. If I'm desperate or in a hurry and don't want to wait out steep times I just leave out the vg and make max pg blends since they seem generally unaffected by steepage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread