New girl needs help w/ eGo-T ce4

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, my BF & i just purchased our 1st pens...we did what the manual says charge for 8hrs, we put the e juice...
now, when i vape off mine it's hard...
the taste & smoke. it irritates my throat and nose like a cigarette.
my husbands is smooth..
we have the same exact ego ce4 and using the same ejuice.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

(sorry if im not using the correct words, very much a newbie)

Datalux

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Sweden
The quality of the CE4's is questionable in my experience. Depending on the e-liquid you are using, it may not be wicking very well (absorbing the e-liquid) and you're getting some dry hits (burning the wicking material rather than vaporiziing the e-liquid) You can try changing the CE4 out for another one if you have a spare to see if there is a difference. I find the draw on the CE4's & CE6's to be very hard or stiff. I will sometimes loosen the device a bit from the battery (but still making contact) and it helps.

Gematria

Jul 12, 2013
Denmark
I've got the same model (eGo-T with CE4 clearomizers).

If by hard you mean a burning taste, then it's due to the wicks not having absorbed the e-liquid well enough, one thing that seems to work for me is to flip the e-cig upside down for 2-3 seconds, then turn it around.

If you however mean that it's clogged, then I suggest you try out this tutorial on how to counter this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXZ3W8QBIwk, it worked wonders for me.

Happy vaping.

Flat4

Apr 3, 2013
Jersey Shore
I would agree with the other replies, it mostly likely is not wicking properly. That awful taste you are getting is a the result of a dry burn. I personally have had nothing but bad results with dry burning on the ce4's. You can try taking a few pulls on it without firing the battery, and let it sit for a while to let the silica absorb some more juice.

Personally I would look into getting a few different clearomizers to try your hand at. I have had a lot better luck with the bottom coil style clearomizers such as the evod or kangar tanks.

AronDelight

Jun 30, 2013
USofA
If by hard you mean a burning taste, then it's due to the wicks not having absorbed the e-liquid well enough, one thing that seems to work for me is to flip the e-cig upside down for 2-3 seconds, then turn it around.

Yeah this seems like this would be the case and seems common for newer vapers. As a note I would also recommend like others have to check the nic content. When you're switching over it takes a little trial and error to see where to start with your nicotine content in your juice but could definitely have an effect on the harshness.

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
The Huge State Of Rhode Island
i suggest grabbing a few evods they are awesome and should only run you about $6 each and you can replace the "heating core" "coil" "atomizer head" "heating thinga ma-jig" when they start tasting burn and the replacements are about a buck a piece and should last on average about 2 weeks. some last for a week other last for a month it really depends on what juice you use. also the wicks and coil are at the bottom so you wont get any of these wicking issues. oh and grab the 1.8 ohm heads :D

just my :2c: of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread