Help with mixing liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Wang

Oct 24, 2019
I'm new to vaping, I started vaping because I'm getting tired of people complaining about the smoking odor after I smoke. And I don't even smoke that much, maybe 6-8 cigs a day.
I started trying out the Stlth about 3 weeks ago and got used to it, so I went to a store to get the refillable stuff. I bought a Caliburn device and the guy in the store recommended a juice from his own store brand.
After I got home I put the juice in the device and tried it but I couldn't feel the throat hit at all, the juice was 3mg, the Stlth I used was 3.5mg which had the perfect hit for me.
I went back to the store and asked if I can exchange for one with a higher Nic. He told me he can't take it back because I opened it, strange that if it's his own brand, couldn't he just refill it and reseal it in another bottle? I only used about 2ml so far.
But anyway, he told me the ejuice has smoother draw that's why there's no throat hit as NIC salt, I did some more research and found that it's the opposite of what I've read, everything I read are saying that ejuice has more throat hit than Nic salt.
Sorry for the long store, the bottle he sold me was 60ml ($30) which is a big waste to throw away. Is there anyway I can salvage this bottle by mixing it with something else to give me that little bit of a throat hit when I draw?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If you want more throat hit, I would suggest adding some regular ("freebase") nic.

However, I'm questioning your "3mg" and "3.5mg". Can you post a picture of the bottle? I suspect you're confusing percentages with mg/ml and there is (literally) an order of magnitude of difference.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Salt nic juice meant for pod devices sometimes uses the percent notation popularized by Juul, since they're in direct competition with Juul, rather than the mg scale that everything else uses. 3mg pod juice would be completely unsatisfactory to most users.

Your problem has very little to do with the nic level. I ran into the same situation with 35mg DIY pod juice recently. Tasty, but so smooth that I could barely tell I was inhaling anything. 1% WS-23 cooling agent fixed that real nice without compromising the flavor. I'd recommend you either buy a bottle of that or ask the mix-master at the store to adjust it.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Stlth I used was 3.5mg which had the perfect hit for me.
    Umm, stlth pods I've ever seen are 35mg/ml

couldn't feel the throat hit at all, the juice was 3mg
    So this stuff is 1/10 the amount of nic. If that guy sold stlth pods, and you told him that before buying your 3mg/ml for a caliburn, I'd be looking for a different store

Reactions: Izan

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    He told me he can't take it back because I opened it, strange that if it's his own brand, couldn't he just refill it and reseal it in another bottle? I only used about 2ml so far.

The reason shops can’t take opened ejuice back is because it’s been tampered with. Sure, you know you only used a little but they don’t know if you’ve added anything or it’s been exposed to anything toxic. It’s kind of like asking McDonald’s to take back a carton of fries you ate half of and asking them to refill and resell it. Idk about you but I wouldn’t want to buy juice that someone else had returned and I certainly wouldn’t feel safe inhaling it.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Guy at the store should realize you're trying to quit smoking... that means you need more nicotine (not as much as a pack a day person but more than 3mg) He should also explain about % vs mg/ml. Most likely the juice is also high VG made for different device than you got. Overall, he sucks... especially if he knew what device you had and what you used before. You are in the right place. Good folks here to help you. Also, you can find all kinds of great deals online for devices and juices... stop wasting money. I can't help you with "throat hit" cause I don't care about that, but I can help you get a killer deal on juice:
    Welcome Sample Pack - 4 Bottle Bonanza Extravaganza
    Enter code: WELCOME4 and it only costs $4.44 including shipping (first time customers only)
    Try 9mg or 12 mg and 65VG/35PG or if you really want throat hit (and thinner juice) 50/50.
    Save that other juice for now (or go back and tell the guy to add some more nic for you) Enjoy!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    There are many ways to achieve throat hit. Upping your nic level may be the least beneficial way.

VG/PG ratio can greatly change smoothness, as PG has more "bite" to most people.

Citrus and cinnamon flavors are another good way, and cinnamon can also add "heat" feel to a cooler vape.
    I'm not so sure about this. Imo increasing nic is the best way to achieve TH with the others only slightly. If I vape a 50/50 or a juice with 70vg, I cant really tell the difference but I surely can tell the difference between an 18mg compared to a 24mg. I would say if you had a bottle of premixed and wanted to add to it to increase TH, adding a few mls of nic is going to increase TH more than a few mls of pg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I'm new to vaping, I started vaping because I'm getting tired of people complaining about the smoking odor after I smoke. And I don't even smoke that much, maybe 6-8 cigs a day.
    I started trying out the Stlth about 3 weeks ago and got used to it, so I went to a store to get the refillable stuff. I bought a Caliburn device and the guy in the store recommended a juice from his own store brand.
    After I got home I put the juice in the device and tried it but I couldn't feel the throat hit at all, the juice was 3mg, the Stlth I used was 3.5mg which had the perfect hit for me.
    I went back to the store and asked if I can exchange for one with a higher Nic. He told me he can't take it back because I opened it, strange that if it's his own brand, couldn't he just refill it and reseal it in another bottle? I only used about 2ml so far.
    But anyway, he told me the ejuice has smoother draw that's why there's no throat hit as NIC salt, I did some more research and found that it's the opposite of what I've read, everything I read are saying that ejuice has more throat hit than Nic salt.
    Sorry for the long store, the bottle he sold me was 60ml ($30) which is a big waste to throw away. Is there anyway I can salvage this bottle by mixing it with something else to give me that little bit of a throat hit when I draw?
    I'm a little concerned that a Salesman wood give you 3 mg per milliliter eJuice when you're used to a significant higher concentration in your old device unless he didn't know your previous device. I know that when I was first beginning to vape the people in the couple of stores that I went to New that I was new they just inherently new because I didn't know anyting. Therefore they asked me if I had recently quit and when I say yes they asked me how much I had been smoking and then recommended between 12 and 18 mg per milliliter based on the amount of smoking I was doing which I'm assuming is just a rough estimate but I think they hit it dead-on at that point. That is a helpful thing for someone to do because if you're going from a high nicotine concentration especially cigarettes 2 a low nicotine concentration you're not going to have as good of a chance of being able to switch to the Ejuice over the analog cigarettes. Because you're just not going to be getting enough nicotine to satisfy you unless you're literally sucking on your Vape all day long everyday and most smokers aren't going to have that kind of habit through muscle memory and everything because that's not how you smoke cigarettes usually. I do understand why he can't take it back there might even be laws God there's laws on everything but either way he wouldn't be able to sell it again though I think there's probably some solution he could have come up for you if he mixes his own.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio

Your research is correct, salt nic has far less TH than regular nic

And you could ask the shop to add more regular nic to the juice you bought, that shouldn’t be a problem when you say that you bought too low at his advice.

I would say, since you were not a heavy smoker, you could have it bumped up to 12, or even 18 mg/ml. You’d get plenty of TH with either.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    I'm not so sure about this. Imo increasing nic is the best way to achieve TH with the others only slightly. If I vape a 50/50 or a juice with 70vg, I cant really tell the difference but I surely can tell the difference between an 18mg compared to a 24mg. I would say if you had a bottle of premixed and wanted to add to it to increase TH, adding a few mls of nic is going to increase TH more than a few mls of pg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Sure, nic adds more TH than PG, depending on sensitivity to PG. But if more nic isn't needed for satisfying cravings, why add more just for TH? FLAVORAH rich cinnamon adds plenty of TH for me, and even more than going up from 55mg nic ..

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Sure, nic adds more TH than PG, depending on sensitivity to PG. But if more nic isn't needed for satisfying cravings, why add more just for TH? FLAVORAH rich cinnamon adds plenty of TH for me, and even more than going up from 55mg nic ..
    Does it actually add a cinnamon flavor? Or barely noticable?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Personally, I'd stay away from cinnamon, unless it's a flavor you just have to have.

I've read that it's one of the more "dangerous" flavorings out there from other sources, and there was a well respected resident scientist here named Kurt many years back that had multiple posts talking about it and a couple of other flavorings. There are others where he discusses it in more detail, but a quick search gave me this hit:
    Do you vape cinnamon flavors? Read this!
    upload_2019-10-25_15-15-45.png

• Agree
    Reactions: Rossum

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Personally, I'd stay away from cinnamon, unless it's a flavor you just have to have.

I've read that it's one of the more "dangerous" flavorings out there from other sources, and there was a well respected resident scientist here named Kurt many years back that had multiple posts talking about it and a couple of other flavorings. There are others where he discusses it in more detail, but a quick search gave me this hit:
    Do you vape cinnamon flavors? Read this!
    View attachment 847329
    With FLV rich cinnamon 1-2 drops per 30ml is all you would use, one of the stronger ultras out there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread