help with ody

Status
Not open for further replies.

negrete35

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
ok, here's the problem. I am currently using my ody on a provari. so the high res coils I make, I can get to work just fine. but I plan on using it on the stealth i have on pre-order. I cant get a lo res coil to work. I was just wondering if using a thicker kanthal changes the VTF. if it does, is it a good change or a bad change? I guess I just need help. I dont think there is a better looking combo (imho) than the ody on a stealth. so I really want to make it work the best I can. But i have been very unsuccessful making a low res coil on the ody. I have a V1 and am currently using 32awg kanthal. Thanks in advance.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Why aren't they working? Too low and faulting out the Provari? How low can you get one to work? Do you set the voltage as low as you can to try it? Do you have any of the pre made wires, the are about 1.5 ohm. I use 32g kanthal and 1.5" is right around 2 ohms. They work great on Provari or a straight battery mod.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Hey negrete get yourself a GGTS and you wont have this issue. also what ohms are you creating with your low res coil? If I may suggest a 34 gauge i use it all time to make 1.2 -1.4 ohms single coils. I even make a dual coil out of it and it works great on my ggts and provari.

negrete35

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
I would like to get around 1.1-1.3 ohm coils. I Currently use 32 awg kanthal and 32 awg nickel. It tastes burnt when I get a could that low. Then I open up the juice control until the burnt taste goes away, and then it floods. For some reason, when I set up a 2 ohm coil, I don't run into any issues. But a 2 ohm coil on my the stealth i have coming, probably wont suit me. I like a little more power than that I pretty much push the provari to its limit with my penny. In fact, I push it over the limit if I use an ohms law calculator. 15.3 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread