help with subtank mini build

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
Ok I have been using the coils that came with the rta section and it hits decent but the occ heads allow for higher wattage and better vapor. I haven't built any coils myself but I am sure that I will be able to.

My question is what is a good build I can use with the rba section with around 40 watts and a .5ohm coil

I have no supplies on hand but will be buying some tommarow and I need to know what gauge wire and how many wraps is best to achieve. .5ohm to get lots of vapor

I also understand the concept of having a bigger diameter coil for more surface area will probably be best

Any help is appreciated as always and thank you

Also I am using max vg juices

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
I have the newest version with the large juice holes

And I use a kind of pancake wick
What I do is get my coil how I want it then slide the chimney down and wick thru the chimney the coil and thru the other side of the chimney then pancake the wick on the outside of the chimney and it works well

The surface area of the small prebuilt coil is what is limiting me I'm pretty sure

bman1977

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
New Jersey
I have the newest version with the large juice holes

And I use a kind of pancake wick
What I do is get my coil how I want it then slide the chimney down and wick thru the chimney the coil and thru the other side of the chimney then pancake the wick on the outside of the chimney and it works well

The surface area of the small prebuilt coil is what is limiting me I'm pretty sure

Does this work well with Max VG? So your wick ends are actually outside of the chimney? I'm very curious about your method here.

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
Does this work well with Max VG? So your wick ends are actually outside of the chimney? I'm very curious about your method here.

Yes I'm using around 85% vg and yes the ends of the wick are slightly outside the chimney it works well no dry hits for me even if I chain vape at 15-18 watts. If I go 20+ watts I get a burnt hit instantly so I know it's not my wicking but my coil surface area

I found this wicking method online in a video I don't remember where tho

bman1977

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
New Jersey
Yes I'm using around 85% vg and yes the ends of the wick are slightly outside the chimney it works well no dry hits for me even if I chain vape at 15-18 watts. If I go 20+ watts I get a burnt hit instantly so I know it's not my wicking but my coil surface area

I found this wicking method online in a video I don't remember where tho

Ill have to try this. Thanks

shannon walker

Aug 4, 2015
Ill have to try this. Thanks

No problem it's pretty simple to do. When your wicking it don't tighten down the chimney until you get ur wick through this helps because the height of the coil and juice holes never line up right for me. So once ur wick is through push the chimney down and tighten it up then trim the wicks, juice the wick and then fluff it out like a pancake, fluffing is easier when wick is wet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread