help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Hi and welcome to ecf. Sounds like the USB is faulty either the cord or the imputed gizmo on the device. Most people recommend using an external charger but regardless if it's brand new and not working then I would return it for replacement or refund. If you have a different USB cord you could try that to rule out a faulty cord.

That's a bummer since it's brand new, myself I'd definitely return it. Good luck

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
why is my brand new smok tpriv just stopped charging it wont do anything
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact:
local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It may be that you need to warranty the device, but I'd say more information is needed for sure, such as batteries used, how you are charging etc., and well, as much information as you can provide would be helpful. It could be your batteries aren't authentic and can't deliver power needed, it's really recommended to have a dedicated charger for your batteries, etc.

It could be the device, but it's too early to say yet. If you have a decent brick and mortar near you, you could also take it in for real world help. If all else fails, you may be able to warranty the device, but learning more about batteries and charging is a good idea in any case, whether it's the device, charging method, or the batteries themselves.

Welcome to ECF and I wish you the best of luck!

Anna

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
When i bought my t priv, i was told not to use the usb to charge it as it wont charge the batteries evenly. A battery charger is the best method. I have, on occasion and strictly out of necessity, charged it with the usb. It gets pretty warm, batteries charge unevenly and takes a long time to reach full charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread