Hercules Rebuildable Atomizer (Ithaka Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
So I just need to purchase another ithaka clear window from Cov or something ?
In the description it says long mode term c or ithaka and doesn't specify I need to do that - would be nice if they did ya know

A regular steel window for a Terminator will do. kayfun_upgrade_kit_4-500x500.jpg
Stormy now sells some long windows both steel and clear also.
This kit fits a Term-C perfectly, that's what I used for mine

Last edited:

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Apologies for jumping on the thread, I wonder if some kind ECF vaper(s) could help me out I am pretty much a newbie to give you some background. I quit smoking about 8 weeks ago and don't have any real experience with vaping.

After reading many threads on ECF which I can only thank the fantastic vaper user base which the forum has, I started out with Kanger ProTanks and soon knew I had todo something to improve my vaping experience I needed a better vape I wanted the vaping nirvana I am pretty sure we all seek ;) I knew I would be into vaping for the long haul. After reading and reading and then more reading, watching YouTube and browsing every forum I could, I decided to bite the bullet and given I have limited funds I was keen and desperate to buy more kit that would give me the vaping return I sought.

I read about clones and a little on designs, good reviews and somewhat impulsively ordered a GG Ithaka clone from FT back at the end of October it took the time it did to arrive when it did I was thoroughly impressed with its design and build quality and set to work to set it up. After the recommended cleaning regime with boiling, IPA, pipe cleaners and cotton buds. I had bought supplies Kanthal, Silica, EkoWool & non res silver wire & learnt with some success to join the wires and calculate the coil resistances my first couple of attempts worked if you could say that, I had watched many a tutorial but after wanting to rule out user error and the trickiness for a newbie like me working with no res-res, I bought some arc welded pre mades my coil making skills are to say the least in there infancy and rather crude at times although to my credit I used to be an electronic bench engineer so any technical challenge I mostly like and detailed worked I don't shy away from.

After some trial and error I got the Ithaka clone built, checked the coil for uniformity, checked the coil for glowing evenness, primed the wick and attached the chimmy/mouth piece and had a test vape wow after what I had known I knew then I had seen the light!

I attached the tank section and followed what I think is what todo, tighten the mouth piece to the closed position and filled from the top section with the top 2 pieces detached (larger piece that attaches to the top piece that connects to the clear tank section & the small piece the chimmy/mouth piece goes through) all is good at this point when I see the ejuice get to the the top of the clear tank section I stop. I then attach the larger top piece then I slowly attach the smaller piece. Everything is good at this point when I test vape everything sounds good to me no gurgling, air draw is good for me and the vape is blissful. I notice a lot of the juice I filled into the tank gradually disappears I presume into the bottom res section where it feeds the wicks. Vaping at his point is to me is just out of this world saturated, warm, and flavoursome for a silica tank it's heaven sent.

Now this is where my problems start if I try to fill it again, putting back together and re pressurising with a few vapes I almost immediately get gurgling and after some more juice comes out from what I can see from the 501 pin and it's all over and it's flooded and doesn't really work I tried a few things a by trying to blow out the juice but this appears to make things worse.

I am desperate to fix it and am so impressed with the vape I ordered a RH Hercules yesterday from GreyHaze UK given FT lead and shipping times I didn't want to wait until 2014;

My vaping addiction has also made me order a KFL clone from Chinabuye On the 8 Nov I couldn't wait, loads of delays (excuses) which i still don't think has shipped, so I found a UK seller and ordered another, I ordered a Taifun GT from FT too after kicking the smoking habit I am very edgy I don't want to return.

I only vape 100% juices which I try and steep for 2-3-4 weeks it's tragic I have lost so much juice!

If anyone could help me out I would be more than grateful sorry for the woffle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
@dwcraig1 Many thanks for the reply I live on a boat so I don't have it here but will sure try your suggestion, it's been so frustrating :(

Apologies 100% VG juices ;)

I DIY my juice, what ever amount (%) flavor is I count it as PG because most flavoring are PG based (most).

VG, it can be done but PG wicks much better, leaks better too if you have one.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
@dwcraig1

Yes, That's the way to go but it's really tricky given my location and i think it would be impossible as very limited space and no space for mixology here.

Sure you are right I realise that sold and made VG juice has mostly some PG flavouring content, it was more for brevity as advertised and bought as 100% VG. As alot of people state there PG to VG ratio juice (eg 50/50) I guess in reality it's something like 2.5/97.5 but I never seen it advertised as that.

I would prefer as high as possible ratio VG juice will this be a problem with the Ithaka and wicking? Will I need to setup my silica/wool differently?, currently due to my APV (SVD) I can only really run a single coil configuration.

Cheers for the help and suggestions I will have to get some more juice from all the problems and juice loss i've had will need to get busy vaping is for life! ;)

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Well that's when the adjustable juice control becomes a really nice feature. VG can be thinned somewhat with a few drops of water. I'm sure lots of people use VG in their Ithaka (clone) but I'm just not one of them.

I also trim some of the silica from the side channel so that the wick fits loosely in the side channels while keeping the channel across the top filled.

Last edited:

rjs987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
None
My plastic window broke. Not sure if i was cause of the juice (been using a lot of gorilla juice). My friend is letting me borrow his stainless steel "window" that was made for the original ithaka. I am looking to purchase a stainless steel window but cannot find any vendor selling one. Does anyone Anyone know where i can get a stainless steel "window"?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread