Hercules Rebuildable Atomizer (Ithaka Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innocuous

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Washington (the desert)
I would *love* to get a pair of SS male/male sections, myself. Yes - anyone know of a source?

My plastic window broke. Not sure if i was cause of the juice (been using a lot of gorilla juice). My friend is letting me borrow his stainless steel "window" that was made for the original ithaka. I am looking to purchase a stainless steel window but cannot find any vendor selling one. Does anyone Anyone know where i can get a stainless steel "window"?
Thanks

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
I would *love* to get a pair of SS male/male sections, myself. Yes - anyone know of a source?

Originally Posted by rjs987 View Post
My plastic window broke. Not sure if i was cause of the juice (been using a lot of gorilla juice). My friend is letting me borrow his stainless steel "window" that was made for the original ithaka. I am looking to purchase a stainless steel window but cannot find any vendor selling one. Does anyone Anyone know where i can get a stainless steel "window"?

I purchased a RH Hercules it came last Friday, 1st chance time I had to build it was last night put a couple of mls of RY4 in it put it all back together carefully not to over tighten the tank section, vaped great then i noticed liquid leaking from the top of the tank the top threads in the tank section had just sheared off! Pretty sure it was defective I have another GG Ithaka clone and that has been fine.

Anyone know where we can get a replacement tank plastic or stainless steel? Shame it lasted 1 hour!

Last edited:

NamVet68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Orlando, Florida
home.roadrunner.com
I purchased a RH Hercules it came last Friday from Grey Haze UK , 1st chanced time I had to build it was last night put a couple of mls of RY4 in it put it all back together carefully not to over tighten the tank section, vaped great then i noticed liquid leaking from the top of the tank the top threads in the tank section had just sheared off! Pretty sure it was defective I have another GG Ithaka clone and that has been fine.

Anyone know where we can get a replacement tank plastic or stainless steel? Shame it lasted 1 hour!

Stormy's has the plastic sections...I don't know if he ships to the UK, but he has them in stock:
(I've also seen the stainless sections on his site before, so you may want to check)
Replacement Clear Tank for Hercules

Clouds of Vapor in Miami sometimes has the clear & stainless tank sections, but their stock moves pretty quickly... you can always email them for availability:
Welcome to Clouds Of Vapor

Good luck.

Last edited:

Huntsmanlance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Moore, Oklahoma
New convert to the Hercules here! And i am loving it...i am really amazed with the Ithaka design and all of the adjustments it can do. I got it yesterday built my first NR/R coil with silver wire...yeah That was fun! LOL then broke it all down to do it two more times just to get used to it. All three times it worked great but all three coils were at 2.0 to 2.2 which wasnt bad but it is going to take a bit of practice to know how long of a R wire to start with...but thats ok because i love to tinker!

Ive seen the videos with the zappers and such but does anyone in the States make one?

Thanks!
Lance

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Stormy's has the plastic sections...I don't know if he ships to the UK, but he has them in stock:
(I've also seen the stainless sections on his site before, so you may want to check)
Replacement Clear Tank for Hercules

Clouds of Vapor in Miami sometimes has the clear & stainless tank sections, but their stock moves pretty quickly... you can always email them for availability:
Welcome to Clouds Of Vapor

Good luck.

Many thanks for the heads up i found a plastic tank seller here in the UK but i really want a SS replacement as i want to vape tank cracking juices ;) and a little tired of having to watch my back with Pyrex and Acrylic/Poly Carb etc I love the tank and design don't care for what is a fragile and often the single point of failure in plastic tanks who cares if you can see the juice i would rather fill and measure it with a syringe and not have to worry about it!

The build quality was great better than the FT Ithaka clone I have but the tank is definitely inferior even though on inspection the FT (ToBeCo) tank is thinner and possibly made of a different composite has no signs of wear, threads are clean and defined, structure is still as strong like new no discolouration and great care has always been taken when cleaning and assembling and what juices i vape. I use it daily as my main tank with no real issues.

The Herc has been a disappointment for a few minutes use and 100% more cost than the FT one, came covered in machine oil the 510 fixing nut that sits in the ceramic was wedged tight and almost impossible to remove with risk to damaging the ceramic cup, the ceramic has too much play in its holder.

I will wait to hear back from the retailer as the tank just fell apart even though i have assembled and disassembled the FT one maybe 50 times i have a good working knowledge and never damaged it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mekks082

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Denver, CO
What size ekowool are you guys using for this clone? Going to place an order in a few days and I want to make sure I get the right stuff.

Also, I only have a provari so would 2.2ohm ready wires work? should give me 1.1ohm with a duel coil.

They are selling higher 2.4-2.8ohm wires but they seem to be the NON extended length ones.

Last edited:

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
What size ekowool are you guys using for this clone? Going to place an order in a few days and I want to make sure I get the right stuff.

Also, I only have a provari so would 2.2ohm ready wires work? should give me 1.1ohm with a duel coil.

They are selling higher 2.4-2.8ohm wires but they seem to be the NON extended length ones.

I'm using another Ithaka clone as my brand new Hercules lasted just 30mins vaping RY4 high ratio VG juice before the top tank threads completely broke off.

I use 2mm eko and 3mm silica on my builds all good with high VG juice, not tried 2.5mm eko it maybe a little bit thick for the channels.

Not sure what the lowest res a Provari will do (i have heard of some killing them at low res but atleast you have warranty with a Vari) but most VV/VW devices floor at 1.2 Ohms

Not sure where you are but i got some 2.2 Ohm premades from an eBay seller in the UK they are made to length for the Ithaka / Herc / Magoo / Clone etc...... 150mm i think.

Last edited:

NamVet68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Orlando, Florida
home.roadrunner.com
last question, will the standard ready wires from SVC work? Or do I really need the "extended" length ones?

The standard length Ready-wires will work, but they are a PIA to wrap around the positive post....the extended ones are far-easier to work with IMHO.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California

Innocuous

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Washington (the desert)
I have 2 kits installed: RH Hercules and a Tobeco Ithaka (shiny, logo & SN). Best use for the herc/ithaka around.

Last night the RH clear section died - likely one drop too many at work. I switched in the COV clear I got last month, and then "took it like a man" and spent more than is sensible for a serious replacement: Large Steel Tank for Terminators

This will mean I now will have multiple shorter sections to add to Spare Parts. *sigh* At least I can hold off spending too much again for awhile on the other Ithafun.

Many thanks for posting, i'm right on it! I noticed there are no O Rings on the product pic and possibly the thread depths appear to me to be a bit narrow?

Anyone tried the GG > Kayfun conversion kit?

lumberjack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
TX, USA
Vochu is making grade 304 stainless tank sections in 2 sizes. Including the upper threads, one is 22mm long and the other is 14mm. Nothing to replace the Ithaka/Hercules plastic tank section, though.

Polish forum link

Prices (USD approximate):

22mm = 30 PLN ($9.90)
14mm = 25 PLN ($8.20)
Set of both = 50 PLN ($16.40)
Shipping = 15 PLN ($5.00)

I know I'll be picking up some more "Legos".

Last edited:

mekks082

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Denver, CO
Got my clone today and set it up with the small bit of wick I had sitting around. Vapes great but I cant seem to get the center post straight. Its full now so im going to leave it till tomorrow when more wick comes then give it another shot. Quick question... Did all your RH models come with a brass 510 post? mines plated silver color.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
I have 2 kits installed: RH Hercules and a Tobeco Ithaka (shiny, logo & SN). Best use for the herc/ithaka around.

Last night the RH clear section died - likely one drop too many at work. I switched in the COV clear I got last month, and then "took it like a man" and spent more than is sensible for a serious replacement: Large Steel Tank for Terminators

This will mean I now will have multiple shorter sections to add to Spare Parts. *sigh* At least I can hold off spending too much again for awhile on the other Ithafun.

Looks like more vape gear to try;) save money by not smoking you must be joking ;)

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Got my clone today and set it up with the small bit of wick I had sitting around. Vapes great but I cant seem to get the center post straight. Its full now so im going to leave it till tomorrow when more wick comes then give it another shot. Quick question... Did all your RH models come with a brass 510 post? mines plated silver color.

I have the FT (non logo) one
regypusu.jpg

Which is brass my RH Herc is plated so i sanded it down.

A few clone owners report there centre pin moves off centre, not been an issue here, when you have it apart maybe check the 510 post is true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread