Hercules Rebuildable Atomizer (Ithaka Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I'd also like to know if it's Tobeco or some other company behind it.
You can pretty much count on it being from Tobeco.

Mine got into San Diego this afternoon, delivery will be tomorrow as long as it doesn't decide to tour the area first like my last vape mail.

Last edited:

Bocephus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kansas
I would be shocked if the ceramics are not interchangeable no matter who makes it. Thats something they wouldnt contract a company to make if one already has them and is selling to multiple others. Would be a total waste or R&D and prototyping. Stranger things have happened though...

Look forward to finding out cuz if they are decent and the parts switch ill buy 3 of them.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
All I know is I saw a box on a Euro forum that had printed: Magoo, Together Best Cooperation.

Looking forward to more talk of parts interchange. I'm still wondering what's keeping us from puting a Herc rebuildable section into a Terminator body with a GGTS base? Maybe I missed something.
I've already done that with the Ithaka repairable part, maybe I didn't post it. Only works when using GGTS base though.

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
Thanks DW. Did this setup require the "basic feeding" module?

It's this page that won't leave my thoughts:
Ithaka Accessories

Even with the $30 shipping, it may be the only place I can get a GG rethreader stand-alone & might have to throw in some of these parts to make it worth it. Deeply wondering about the 14500 Mod there also.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks DW. Did this setup require the "basic feeding" module?

It's this page that won't leave my thoughts:
Ithaka Accessories

Even with the $30 shipping, it may be the only place I can get a GG rethreader stand-alone & might have to throw in some of these parts to make it worth it. Deeply wondering about the 14500 Mod there also.

To use the Ithaka ceramic housing assembly (the repairable part)with a Terminator the only thing needed it the Ithaka repairable part and Oddy GGTS base

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
FastTech clone on the left, Hercules on the right
Sorry for the fuzzy picture but the only thing important is seeing how well it's polished. The Hercules is not polished. There is not much to say here.
All parts interchange, all parts interchange, all parts interchange (This is the good part)
971568_639708362720058_1312572252_n.jpg

It's pre-coiled with ready wire, I spotted the splice half way in the side channel on one side, they must have missed the R section of the wire when coiling (not important)
The threading of the bottom window(the steel one) to the base is a little sloppy, it appears that both pieces (bottom steel tank and the base) are out of spec a little.
Yes the plastic windows are the same.
I shall rebuild it now
So far it looks like a go, more coming in a few.
The thing is cleaner than most but the mouthpiece really had a lot of crap on the inside of it, give this extra attention when you clean it before use.
Expect the center post to be loose also so tighten prior to coiling.

There is a problem: It is not wanting to thread easily into a Rainbow GGTS connector but threads perfectly into a GG GGTS connector.
I'm looking but don't see the problem spot as yet. I took out the whole first thread on the Rainbow GGTS connector. It fits tight on all three of my MKB-TS'
I have it on the Rainbow GGTS connector and vaping it, same vape as Ithaka, will now watch for leaks.
The polish job is darned close to GG, not as rounded but the edges are rounded off pretty good. Really comparable to an Ithaka, way better than my polish jobs.
No leaks or gurgling so far.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
OK here' what got to thread into the raiinbow GGTS connector. I used a jeweler's file, three sided and just laid the tip of it into the threads of the atomizers GGTS base, held the file and simply rolled the atomizer causing the file to travel through the threads. It took very little, it was real easy, I should have started there in the first place.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Bottom line for me would be if FastTech had both the Rainbow and this one (probably Tobeco) and they were both the same price then I would choose the non-Rainbow one. For sure this is going to effect even Ithaka sales. IMO
The fact that it requires a little work to get it to thread into the Rainbow GGTS connector is probably going to be a problem for some.

Last edited:

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Bottom line for me would be if FastTech had both the Rainbow and this one (probably Tobeco) and they were both the same price then I would choose the non-Rainbow one. For sure this is going to effect even Ithaka sales. IMO
The fact that it requires a little work to get it to thread into the Rainbow GGTS connector is probably going to be a problem for some.

What tips you to the non-Rainbow version? The finish? Quality? I just got the RH Ithaka clone and love it, but if there's better . . .

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
What tips you to the non-Rainbow version? The finish? Quality? I just got the RH Ithaka clone and love it, but if there's better . . .
The finish mainly, I have all three this?, Rainbow and GG. What a price though
The FastTech is a closer match clone wise, but pretty much just the same as the Rainbow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread