Here NOW! Premiering the Aspire NAUTILUS Glassomizer 5ML Tank- World's First Air Flow Adjustable Tank! Stainless & Pyrex

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Good to hear, like Chris said 2-5 mins is good on soak in period. Also can you tell me what setting you have your air flow set to? It goes from smallest (.9) to the largest which is 1.8mm...like to hear what people prefer in this regard and what their experiences are.

Got mine tonight and I love it! Ahlusion's Boba Tea is my tester with new tanks because it's such a delicate flavor and it shines in the Nautilus. I like a tight draw so the airflow control is a nice feature. I have 3 other aspire tanks and, even though I like them, they're all a bit airy for me. I could have gone even tighter on the draw and been happy, but I won't complain since this is close enough.

I was initially shocked by how big this tank is, but it feels lighter than all my protanks (incl. minis). Will have to see how much I like it in a few days before ordering any backups. So far, it's a winner in my book!

DebbieF

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Albuquerque
Good to hear, like Chris said 2-5 mins is good on soak in period. Also can you tell me what setting you have your air flow set to? It goes from smallest (.9) to the largest which is 1.8mm...like to hear what people prefer in this regard and what their experiences are.

I have it on the smallest one. I tested my way through the clicks, randomly starting with what I later discovered was the second-to-largest opening. I knew there were 4 settings, so I clicked once more thinking it would go smaller and thinking that was going to be perfect, but then it ended up being the largest opening. The 0.9 is working for now. Haven't tried it with other juices yet, so my preferences might change with some of those. This was just an initial impression sort of thing.

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL

I vary between second to the smallest to the second to largest. Depends if I want to lung inhale or mouth inhale.

This message sent from Mars! Isn't it lovely! Using Tapatalk2.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
I vary between second to the smallest to the second to largest. Depends if I want to lung inhale or mouth inhale.

i love the versatility of controlling the airflow, they did a great job with it and im sure more people just like you will appreciate it as well

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
Here is the review I promised:
First, I would like to say: Dan is so fast with shipping!!! Great if you need stuff fast, and this order included e liquid and that didn't slow things down at all. I ordered something five minutes later from another supplier (gotvapes doesn't carry the particular thing I needed >_<), and when the gotvapes package arrived, the other had just been dropped off at the post office. Grrrr.
On to the aspire nautilus: I was very impressed when I received it. And now, a few days later (I have refilled the tank 3 times so far), I am still as impressed, if not more. There has not been the slightest drop in performance, and, gasp, it even works well on an 650 mAh ego battery at 3.3V; I didn't expect that at all. It looks really top heavy, but it works. Also, it appears to be leak proof, and there is not even a hint of e liquid getting in my mouth (I used the Dew Red Alert exclusively in the tank). The build quality is excellent, and it really is all SS (my bf said so, lol). The airflow adjustment clicks into place, is very secure, and moves very smoothly. The only flaw I could pick out is that the glass tank isn't protected, but I saw that gotvapes has replacement glass tubes, so the worry of having to repurchase the entire tank in case of an accident has been alleviated. Coils are more expensive than average, but I vape heavily, and it seems the coil will last at least a week. I will update when it dies or becomes unusable. And for the performance I am getting, I can hardly complain.
I honestly expected to be a little disappointed after all the hype, but I am very impressed. I like it more than I could have imagined. I usually run out and buy every new and "improved" thing that comes out, so I have a little experience when I say it's one of the best things I have ever used. Usually I would have to qualify that statement by saying it's the best for my vaping style, but with the adjustable airflow, it will suit a wide range of vapers. It's also easy to use. No fiddling, no modifying, no trimming anything, no removing anything, and no break in period. :) One wish: make a mini like the protank mini, with a metal sleeve, so I can take it to work.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Here is the review I promised:
First, I would like to say: Dan is so fast with shipping!!! Great if you need stuff fast, and this order included e liquid and that didn't slow things down at all. I ordered something five minutes later from another supplier (gotvapes doesn't carry the particular thing I needed >_<), and when the gotvapes package arrived, the other had just been dropped off at the post office. Grrrr.
On to the aspire nautilus: I was very impressed when I received it. And now, a few days later (I have refilled the tank 3 times so far), I am still as impressed, if not more. There has not been the slightest drop in performance, and, gasp, it even works well on an 650 mAh ego battery at 3.3V; I didn't expect that at all. It looks really top heavy, but it works. Also, it appears to be leak proof, and there is not even a hint of e liquid getting in my mouth (I used the Dew Red Alert exclusively in the tank). The build quality is excellent, and it really is all SS (my bf said so, lol). The airflow adjustment clicks into place, is very secure, and moves very smoothly. The only flaw I could pick out is that the glass tank isn't protected, but I saw that gotvapes has replacement glass tubes, so the worry of having to repurchase the entire tank in case of an accident has been alleviated. Coils are more expensive than average, but I vape heavily, and it seems the coil will last at least a week. I will update when it dies or becomes unusable. And for the performance I am getting, I can hardly complain.
I honestly expected to be a little disappointed after all the hype, but I am very impressed. I like it more than I could have imagined. I usually run out and buy every new and "improved" thing that comes out, so I have a little experience when I say it's one of the best things I have ever used. Usually I would have to qualify that statement by saying it's the best for my vaping style, but with the adjustable airflow, it will suit a wide range of vapers. It's also easy to use. No fiddling, no modifying, no trimming anything, no removing anything, and no break in period. :) One wish: make a mini like the protank mini, with a metal sleeve, so I can take it to work.

what a great review and im so happy your enjoying them

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
After using mine heavily for a week I would say this is BY FAR the best tank system money can buy. I have tried the protank 1,2,3. The iclear 16, 30, and 30s. All worked OK with fiddling except the 30s which I get constant dry hits.

The Nautilus works great from top of tank to the bottom.

My only gripe is I got one bad head. And I have read it seems people are having the same issues with a 50% dud rate or more (search grimmgreen's review of aspire heads). And at $3+ a head that is a problem. But when you get a good head...it is vaping nirvana!

The only vape I have better is my rebuildable drippers.

Also agree with poster that would love to see a mini developed off this concept.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
After using mine heavily for a week I would say this is BY FAR the best tank system money can buy. I have tried the protank 1,2,3. The iclear 16, 30, and 30s. All worked OK with fiddling except the 30s which I get constant dry hits.

The Nautilus works great from top of tank to the bottom.

My only gripe is I got one bad head. And I have read it seems people are having the same issues with a 50% dud rate or more (search grimmgreen's review of aspire heads). And at $3+ a head that is a problem. But when you get a good head...it is vaping nirvana!

The only vape I have better is my rebuildable drippers.

Also agree with poster that would love to see a mini developed off this concept.

I can asure you That is simply not true, we sold 500 heads and 400 nautalus on site and and additional 300 to our stores, your the one and only person so far that has said they had a bad head, Now if another vendor or retailer has sold bad head, that is always possible, Sometimes they get different grades, china has tendencies to add some bad heads to certain places that dont buy alot, sometimes they arent buying from the factory themselves and thats were the issue lies and sometimes a batch of heads can be bad and they usually end up to one or 2 people. So its possible that another vendor might have some heads, ive seen it happen before, but not with us with the nautalus. WE do our very best to ensure this. Im glad your still liking the product, seems many people are giving the same results after a week of use, thats such great news, its a bargain for a product that works with the ability to change out coil heads at 3 bucks each. better then any other option available at a quarter of the price since some tanks out there cost 150 bucks and dont even compare. i look at it like this , people are spending 8 to 12 bucks for a disposable ecig thaty lasts a few hours, here you get a product that for 3 bucks lasts you a month. thats great value. I hope who ever had those bad head issue gets it straightened out.

And yes i will check for you guys on the mini version, that would be very cool with a cage. we will see what we can do

Last edited:

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL
I hope they are wrong, or it was just bad luck.

Ill be buying a few replacement heads so I hope I just got 1 bad head out of a few hundred!

I would also say I have ran at least 5 tanks thru this head I have now and its still white and clean on the inside....so it seems these heads last a LONG time! So the price of these heads aren't bad considering their possible longevity. Of course I don't use a heavy vg (70/30) juice and my juice is a clear juice...so YMMV.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
A review for this is UNECESSARY....BUY THIS NOW! YES, RIGHT NOW! Hands down the best tank I've owned in years. Amazing. The variable air control is truly a game changer.
Date Added: 01/14/2014 by Christian Romer

I have never been happier with a product as I am with this tank! It takes bottom coil tanks to a whole new level. Yes it is pricier than most, but it is larger than most and it is pyrex and SS and the design is just phenominal. The adjustable air flow design is awesome! Super easy to fill and I only had to let it sit for 2 minutes and I was creating thick clouds of vapor. I am using the 1.6 ohm head on my provari set at 4.5 volts and the thing rocks. I think I prefer the smaller hole but that is personal preference. I would have to say it is worth the price for sure. I paid a higher price for a pyrex carto tank and this beats it hands down. Taste is pure, no burnt taste, no leaks and I really dont see how this would leak unless you got juice in the center tube just by design it seems virtually leak proof. Save your money on that you would spend on other tanks and just get this one you wont be sorry. Thanks for making this available I love it.
Date Added: 01/06/2014 by Cara McGowan

BEST tank I have ever used in over a year a vaping. Best flavor and most vapor. Highly recommend !
Date Added: 01/12/2014 by darin frye

mirthmgr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
www.kevinkratzke.com
It's only been about 30 minutes since I started using it (thanks for the fast shipping, GotVapes!), but I'm already in love with the Nautilus. I'm getting great flavor and loads of vapor with Flux Star-Spangled 11mg on an SVD set at 5.5W. I'm using the coil that came in it, which is reading a consistent 1.6 ohms. I'm alternating between the two middle-sized holes (I can't decide which one I like better with this juice yet), and have yet to get any flooding or dry hits while chain-vaping like I'm trying to create the fog effects for a horror movie.

The threading is nice and fine; it takes a lot of turns to remove and attach the bottom assembly to the tank, which seems like a great way to avoid leaking problems. The massive silicone(?) ring at the tank connection press fits nice and tight. Based on seeing the construction and reading other reviews, I don't expect my juice to be going anywhere in this tank. It doesn't hurt that she looks awfully pretty sitting on top of my SVD. :)

I'm glad you guys are getting more back in stock. The Nautilus, in my opinion, beats any of the BCC tanks that I've tried. A friend of mine is sending me an AeroTank, so I'll be curious to see how it compares... it will have to be quite a beast to keep up with the Nautilus.

mirthmgr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
www.kevinkratzke.com
Nautilus_on_SVD.jpg

Not the best shots, but it gives you an idea of the fit, at least. The Nautilus is actually a touch wider than the SVD, but it's pretty darned close.

mirthmgr

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
www.kevinkratzke.com
looks stunning on it.

I'm super-pleased with it. My favorite reaction was: "Nice! Now it looks even more like a Sonic Screwdriver!"

The balance is also really, really nice. With the Nautilus on, the SVD rests comfortably with the firing button right at my thumb. I've always liked the balance of the SVD with heavier tanks, but the Nautilus has just enough length and mass to make it feel as close to perfect as I can imagine.

The Evods on my passthroughs are going to go without a refill for a while, I suspect. I usually alternate vapes to keep from getting hot or dry hits, but the Nautilus has been chain-vaping like a beast for hours without getting too warm or drying out.

Seriously, I think I'm in love. I'm about to buy this thing flowers.

h8louzn

Oct 7, 2013
nev
I can asure you That is simply not true, we sold 500 heads and 400 nautalus on site and and additional 300 to our stores, your the one and only person so far that has said they had a bad head, Now if another vendor or retailer has sold bad head, that is always possible, Sometimes they get different grades, china has tendencies to add some bad heads to certain places that dont buy alot, sometimes they arent buying from the factory themselves and thats were the issue lies and sometimes a batch of heads can be bad and they usually end up to one or 2 people. So its possible that another vendor might have some heads, ive seen it happen before, but not with us with the nautalus. WE do our very best to ensure this. Im glad your still liking the product, seems many people are giving the same results after a week of use, thats such great news, its a bargain for a product that works with the ability to change out coil heads at 3 bucks each. better then any other option available at a quarter of the price since some tanks out there cost 150 bucks and dont even compare. i look at it like this , people are spending 8 to 12 bucks for a disposable ecig thaty lasts a few hours, here you get a product that for 3 bucks lasts you a month. thats great value. I hope who ever had those bad head issue gets it straightened out.

And yes i will check for you guys on the mini version, that would be very cool with a cage. we will see what we can do

I'm looking into getting one of these and would like to know if it is the same coil as their other bdc tanks?
If so they do have bad ones I used 25 coils and did have 3 bad ones out of them... But that is still not a bad rate and that was out of 2 boxes so like everything else there will be bad ones.. Just no way around it...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread