Hey everyone. I just ordered my first ST

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceCC

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2012
Back on the Moon
okay, I don't fully understand the whole ohms-voltage thing. If I want hot-as-.... vapor with strong TH, good performance, etc, but I don't want to burn the juice, what' resistance is best?

It can be confusing :confused:. Just remember: the lower the number on ohms, the hotter it's going to be. Tat's right about the 2.2-2.4 for super hot. I lean more toward the 2.8-3.2 range, but I don't like it too hot. I hope that helps a bit.

darwinvsjesus

ECF Veteran
Guys. What a great day. I had a bad semester last spring, taking care of my sick mother. With no help from my family, it became overwhelming and I sort of dropped out of college, sort of. More like - gave up. But I didn't want to quite. I wanted to re-enroll and I was terrified I wasn't going to get any financial aid and wouldn't be able to afford it. Turns out, I just got my award letter. I got a lot of aid, with enough surplus to pay for my books! So happy. Pretty soon, I'll be vaping that wonderful saber touch and the world will be sweet.

AceCC

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2012
Back on the Moon
You guys are wonderful. Thank you so much. All of you have been so, so helpful. I'm already thinking up designs for a second one. Maybe I'll get a mini when I buy one for my wife. I wonder, would Sir Lawrence do custom-custom turning?

Yep, he has all the signs of an acute case of Moon Bug-itis :thumbs: :headbang:

Sir L. has been known to do lots of different things for many people. He truly is a master and a gentleman. Shoot him an email with your thoughts and I bet he'll get back to you in less than a day.

AceCC

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2012
Back on the Moon
Guys. What a great day. I had a bad semester last spring, taking care of my sick mother. With no help from my family, it became overwhelming and I sort of dropped out of college, sort of. More like - gave up. But I didn't want to quite. I wanted to re-enroll and I was terrified I wasn't going to get any financial aid and wouldn't be able to afford it. Turns out, I just got my award letter. I got a lot of aid, with enough surplus to pay for my books! So happy. Pretty soon, I'll be vaping that wonderful saber touch and the world will be sweet.

Terrific news about the financial aid!! :) Life can get pretty hard sometimes, but it sure goes down easier with a Saber in your hand. I wish you all the best in school! :thumbs:

darwinvsjesus

ECF Veteran
im so excited. everything has suddenly fallen into place around me. I will really be able to enjoy my saber now. I ordered a giant bunch of juice from viking vapor. Man, I absolutely love that stuff. Although, the tobacco flavors he has kinda smell like feet when you vape them, the rest of his stuff is just amazing. Can't wait to try it out on the sabre.

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
IMR 18350, LiMn 800mAh Battery, Flat Top - IMR Batteries - Batteries and Chargers

would those be long enough in the saber 5v? they are flat top, but it says they are 35mm long each
Those my friend will not work:( They need to be button top in order to stack them. Also, the recommended size is 16340, so they need to me 34mm with the button. AW IMR is the ONLY 1850 that is known to fit. They do cost about 2 bucks more, but they are a VERY respected battery and of very high quality. Trust me when I say you will not regret spending the couple extra bucks. You can get them for a good deal at super t Manufacturing or RTD Vapor. Both have very cheap shipping to:thumbs: I can tell you a little story about an AW IMR 18650, I bought it with my first mod back in August of 2010 and it goes in my work mod. I rotate it with a ProVape battery(which I got about 6months ago), and guess what, it still works perfectly, since Aug of 2010:w00t: And congrats on your school news, glad it's working out for you.

darwinvsjesus

ECF Veteran
Here's my plan of action ,based on this. I'm going to get the regular 16340 batts from madvapes. [trustfire or ultrafire? I've got the trustfire charger, I figure I'll go for those], because I'm light on loot at the moment, but I still need to get some new cartos/attys and stuff. Then, next week, after I get my next paycheck, I'll head into juicy vapor and get myself the aw imr 18350s and keep the 16s on standby as a backup. that way I can see what works best for me, and at least have some extras. sweet. Thanks for your help. everyone. I'm also getting a 2.5 ohm atomizer for dripping, since I'm giving up on tobacco flavors and I'll be sampling a lot of stuff, and that makes it easy to change flavors a lot. [I just now suddenly had this crazy, rabid craving for peppermint. I can't stand mint stuff on the whole, but I love peppermint tea, peppermint candy, I even use Dr. bronner's peppermint soap!] then some regular cartos. I'll get a nova tank when I get the aw imr batts.

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Here's my plan of action ,based on this. I'm going to get the regular 16340 batts from madvapes. [trustfire or ultrafire? I've got the trustfire charger, I figure I'll go for those], because I'm light on loot at the moment, but I still need to get some new cartos/attys and stuff. Then, next week, after I get my next paycheck, I'll head into juicy vapor and get myself the aw imr 18350s and keep the 16s on standby as a backup. that way I can see what works best for me, and at least have some extras. sweet. Thanks for your help. everyone. I'm also getting a 2.5 ohm atomizer for dripping, since I'm giving up on tobacco flavors and I'll be sampling a lot of stuff, and that makes it easy to change flavors a lot. [I just now suddenly had this crazy, rabid craving for peppermint. I can't stand mint stuff on the whole, but I love peppermint tea, peppermint candy, I even use Dr. bronner's peppermint soap!] then some regular cartos. I'll get a nova tank when I get the aw imr batts.
Sounds like a good plan of action!! I myself am not to fond of peppermint, however the Peppermint Ice Cream from Kick Bass Vapor is to die for:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread