Hey everyone! Need some help, new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just joined the forum. Ive been vaping for a while but haven't gotten into RBA/RDA's yet, Ive known how to build them for a while as I have built them for friends, just never owned one. I recently ordered a few RBA's and RDA's. I know that sub ohming can be dangerous if the battery you are using can't handle it. I was wondering what the best batteries are, Ill be building coils anywhere from .3-.7 ohms. I can buy multiple batteries, so whats the safest? Figured it would be a good idea to ask some people who know about these things instead of just buying a battery and having it blow up in my face or something. If it helps, I will be using a JD tech scorpion, very similar to the nemesis. The RBAs and RDAs I have are the AC9, RSST, Trident, and Nimbus. Thanks!:vapor::vapor:Happy vaping!

ln617

Mar 29, 2013
detroit, mi, usa
From what I know about sub ohms, below 1 or maybe a little less (look it up before taking my word, or use an ohms law calculator with the batteries specs infront of you) are not safe or not a good choice with AW IMR's. Probably the batteries rated at 30A or even 15A continuous discharge are better, but if you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't be doing subohms yet. Micrcoils perform similar from what i've read, but I have no real knowledge to give on this matter. Hope that helps some... or not at all.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Since you are looking at the .3 ohms on the low end would get some 30 amp batteries for the safest margin of error. If your build slipped down to .2 ohms it could be drawing as much as 21 amps on a freshly charged battery. .3 ohm only pulls 14 watts but would be more comfortable with the larger amp limit.

dsl324

Verified Member
May 30, 2013
USA
John_Bogle_Battery_Chart.jpg

Here you go!

*Edit - HERE is the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread