HH357 vs BetterLife 3-hole dripping atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
bridgless means there is no metal bridge on top of the coil, 3 hole atty are a bit different, instead of having a bridge there is a small metal disc above the coil with 3 wide holes. the betterlifes are the first "3hole" attys ive ever tried, but comparing them to both my 357s, i would prefer the 3hole betterlifes over the 357s

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I'll have to try them. The only 3-hole atty I've tried was a "dripping atty" from vapor alley. Only used them a small handful of times because I just don't like them anywhere near as well as some generic 510 that I de-bridged. It seems like the 3-hole plate thing is just hokey compared to just dripping straight on a coil. But, as you said, for $5, I'll have to give them a try.

I would have to humbly disagree. The 3 hole atty is anything but hokey.. Try one and report what you find. They may not be the best atomizer ever made but they are certainly up there at the top and you won't feel ripped off after you hit the buy button// lol

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I have 3 of these Betterlife attys that I've been using daily for about 4 months. I'm not a heavy vaper, but these things are indeed awesome, affordable, and work very well! I love the designs too, I got a red, green, and wood one. They do leak sometimes for me, but I think it's when I overfill and use very PG based juice. Overall, they are very good, esp for the price. Not that I have much to compare it to.

On another note, I bought some drip shields to help with the leaking. They work, BUT they make the draw a lot tighter and I don't like that, so I just try not to overfill.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I would have to humbly disagree. The 3 hole atty is anything but hokey.. Try one and report what you find. They may not be the best atomizer ever made but they are certainly up there at the top and you won't feel ripped off after you hit the buy button// lol

I've only tried one 3-hole bridgeless atomizer (from vapor alley, which I generally really like)…well technically 2 of them but only 1 maker AFAIK…and I'd put them below the generic bridged 901s I used to get from e-cigarette-USA or the generic bridged 510s from myvaporstore…especially the one I de-bridged.

Maybe mine are both duds…or there's something special about those 3-hole attys…or they need more time to break in…but I find it very hard to believe that the hh357s sell at all if they're not better than these.

Idk. I'll try one of the actual ones linked…i'd love a cheap source of bridgeless atomizers that rock.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I've only tried one 3-hole bridgeless atomizer (from vapor alley, which I generally really like)…well technically 2 of them but only 1 maker AFAIK…and I'd put them below the generic bridged 901s I used to get from e-cigarette-USA or the generic bridged 510s from myvaporstore…especially the one I de-bridged.

Maybe mine are both duds…or there's something special about those 3-hole attys…or they need more time to break in…but I find it very hard to believe that the hh357s sell at all if they're not better than these.

Idk. I'll try one of the actual ones linked…i'd love a cheap source of bridgeless atomizers that rock.
you may like the 357's more than these, I don't but they are 5 bucks each.. No way Im paying 20+ dollars for an atty any more. good luck and hope you like these too/

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
The HH .357 does not leak for me, and I much prefer the performance of that to the 3-hole.

Don't get me wrong, if the 3-hole is a "better vape" to you, vape the hell out of it. But I didn't care for them in either long barrel or short barrel mode. Unless these have had substantial design changes (unlikely) since the first hit the market nearly a year ago, I'll stick with the HH line.

Do I exclusively use HH's? No. Do I prefer them? Yes.

I went back and forth on them for a long time, and even ripped a perfectly functioning one apart live on VapeTV. In the end, if you use these in conjunction with the instructions, you're going to have a great atomizer that lasts a LONG time. Outside of the one I intentionally ripped apart, I have yet to get less than 3 months of incredible performance from an HH. I cannot say the same for the 3-hole.

In the end, pricing and preference are king. Vape what you like! :vapor:

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
Are all the 3-holes basically the same? Is it worth trying a 3-hole from a different vendor if I really dislike the ones I have?

Since there are only like 3 factories that make attys...they are likely all coming from the same place anyways. I typically laugh when someone says an atty from one vendor is better than an atty from another.

Outside of some specialty lines of atomizers, they are all about the same.
HH line is handmade - but from the same Chinese parts as the rest of the Cisco's
Cisco's - specially made for his site
IkenVape - specially made for his site

Outside of those, I can't comment on who has special stuff...but most of the rest have the exact same products.

As a rule of thumb though, I do prefer SLB 510's to Joye 510's.

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
Value Vapor also caries the dual coil atomizers, I have been using these for 3-4 months now and am still blown away by the vapor production I get out of them.

I've gone back and forth on those. I liked them a lot...especially in the UFS when they first came out. But the lifespan of performance on them ended up sending me right back to single-coils and the HH.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Other than the colors, do you think these would be different from, say... the 3 hole LR atty that is sold by many vendors? For example, here's one from Canvape: 510 Bridgeless Atomizer LR(1.5 or 2.0ohm) SR(2.5 or 3.0ohm)

Bridgeless? Low resistance? Same type of design?

I would really like to know this as well. I purchased 8 of the 3-hole atomizers from CanVape and every single one of them performed like garbage. I don't say that lightly. Every single hit I had with them was dry. I used 6 drops, 8 drops, up to ten drops. They didn't leak until the ten drop mark but every single hit was dry. I tried VG juice 50/50 and 70/30 PG/VG. No dice.

I finally took the plunge and bought an HH357 but received a PM begging me to try the "BetterLife 510 3-Hole Dripping Atomizer" from ValueVapor. They sound like they're just like the CanVape 3-hole'rs in which case I will be severely disappointed. I would love to hear form somebody who has tried both if they're out there.

I know I can always fall back on my Cisco 306s and hopefully the HH357 will live up to it's hype but it would be nice to have an affordable, reliable atomizer as well.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I would really like to know this as well. I purchased 8 of the 3-hole atomizers from CanVape and every single one of them performed like garbage. I don't say that lightly. Every single hit I had with them was dry. I used 6 drops, 8 drops, up to ten drops. They didn't leak until the ten drop mark but every single hit was dry. I tried VG juice 50/50 and 70/30 PG/VG. No dice.

I finally took the plunge and bought an HH357 but received a PM begging me to try the "BetterLife 510 3-Hole Dripping Atomizer" from ValueVapor. They sound like they're just like the CanVape 3-hole'rs in which case I will be severely disappointed. I would love to hear form somebody who has tried both if they're out there.

I know I can always fall back on my Cisco 306s and hopefully the HH357 will live up to it's hype but it would be nice to have an affordable, reliable atomizer as well.

Funk,

I haven't used both attys but Betterlife 3-hole attys I have used for many months and have never had a dry hit from one.
If I were you I would try betterlife attys. I think you will be well surprised.. I really like them and have used just about everything out there.. I always have at least 10 or more of these on hand..

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Got mine today. I've not tried the 357 but I'm a die hard Cisco 306 user. Gotta say these are pretty nice. Vapor production and throat hit went neck and neck with my 306. No leaking at all. No gurgling or flooding. Now it's just a matter of time. How long will they burn good. If I can get 3-4 weeks out of one I'll be thrilled and just might throw in my 306 hat. Err well not completely. I like my DCA and it's only for 306's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread