HH357 vs BetterLife 3-hole dripping atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
if you use 357s, and never tried these betterlifes, i HIGHLY RECOMMEND to order atleast 2 immediately. thanks for listening to me rant. goodnight

Kevin, I just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on these. I just got into dripping about two weeks ago to make taste testing easier for diy juice projects. I was using the 1.8ohm bridgeless dripping atomizers from smartvapes on my ego twist and they tasted great but were prone to leakage and when I got a dry hit.... man it would pucker my whole face due to the burnt chemical taste. I orderd 4 of these 3-hole betterlifes and they work great for me, very little leakage unless I let the ego sit upright awhile with a bit of juice left in them. I don't even use a drip shield any longer. I've yet to get a dry hit... it's like the vapor decreases and the flavor tapers off long before I arrive at that point.

The only anomaly I noticed was they advertise as 2.0-2.5ohm but mine checked at 1.5-1.7 so far on the ohm meter. Not that it matters, I love them and ordered a couple more 2.0 and two of the 3.0 ohm thinking they may actually read a tad lower. I like my single coil boges and tank but the flavor while dripping these is really spoiling me.

cheers,
cho

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
I just ordered some of the 2 ohm & 3 ohm Betterlifes to try out. I've been having problems lately with atty consistency as well. I've bought from Vaporkings, TW (for some reason the atties with the gold band worked better for me), and have recently been using Cisco standards, bridgeless, Aero bridgless, & HH357s. I do recall getting a 3 hole atty for free at a vape meet and recall not liking it, so we'll see how this goes.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I just ordered some of the 2 ohm & 3 ohm Betterlifes to try out. I've been having problems lately with atty consistency as well. I've bought from Vaporkings, TW (for some reason the atties with the gold band worked better for me), and have recently been using Cisco standards, bridgeless, Aero bridgless, & HH357s. I do recall getting a 3 hole atty for free at a vape meet and recall not liking it, so we'll see how this goes.

Been using mine for a few weeks now and they're great lil cheap attys. you might also look into the phoenix if you wanna do your own. I'm really liking the Phoenix. It's a drippers dream atty.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Been using mine for a few weeks now and they're great lil cheap attys. you might also look into the phoenix if you wanna do your own. I'm really liking the Phoenix. It's a drippers dream atty.
I was looking at those Phoenix rebuildables, but I was worried that it would take a couple hours to change flavors.
How many drops does that thing hold? And what do you do about changing flavors?

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD

I have a GG Odysseus iAtty rebuildable tank. I still like regular atty flavor better, but the Ody is great for driving and handy to have just a tank full of one flavor, plus no gross carto tank taste. Been thinking of picking up a phoenix, though, just to check it out.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I have a GG Odysseus iAtty rebuildable tank. I still like regular atty flavor better, but the Ody is great for driving and handy to have just a tank full of one flavor, plus no gross carto tank taste. Been thinking of picking up a phoenix, though, just to check it out.

I've been waiting for a Penelope but now there's an AC9 coming out that looks awesome so I may ditch the whole GG thing and give this one a try. The Phoenix are great though. Cheap but don't feel cheap and super easy to rebuild. Vapes wonderfully.

iamtumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
I was looking at those Phoenix rebuildables, but I was worried that it would take a couple hours to change flavors.
How many drops does that thing hold? And what do you do about changing flavors?

I put about 15 drops in mine...to switch flavors i just run it under water for 2-3 seconds and dry burn it real quick.
currently i'm smoking a 1.5 ohm quad coil on SS mesh at 6v.
amazing vape :)

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I put about 15 drops in mine...to switch flavors i just run it under water for 2-3 seconds and dry burn it real quick.

Not to mention I can pull the old coil and stick a new one in in less than 2 minutes. It's like having a brand new hh357 anytime you want one.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA

That sounds vaguely epic. How did you get a quad coil to work? Seems like it'd be really likely to short out the resistance wires and wind up being more like a LR single coil. But if you're not burning juice at 6V, that kind of implies you did it right.

Ya I keep some cisco's around for my DCA. A 306 in a DCA is an awfully nice vape.

Yeah…those things are awesome. I'm still annoyed, though. A friend got one the last time GSV had anything that wasn't sold out and the mid section they sold him doesn't fit on the GSV 306es he got……which makes absolutely no sense and makes you have to do this weird balancing act b/t shutting off the airflow and having the mid section just fall off.

If we find the right sized atty, it seems like a great little device, though.

iamtumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
That sounds vaguely epic. How did you get a quad coil to work? Seems like it'd be really likely to short out the resistance wires and wind up being more like a LR single coil. But if you're not burning juice at 6V, that kind of implies you did it right.

i did 4 6 ohm coils and twisted it around 2 u shaped wicks, one on each leg of each u.
it took 7-8 tries and about 18 inches of coil.
i have some cotton wick in there not touching any coil to act as a wicking material to hold e liquid. that won't leak

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
i did 4 6 ohm coils and twisted it around 2 u shaped wicks, one on each leg of each u.
it took 7-8 tries and about 18 inches of coil.
i have some cotton wick in there not touching any coil to act as a wicking material to hold e liquid. that won't leak

You put that on an interstate battery or what? Lol.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Glad to see at least another thread with HH357 as the topic; at least part of it.
Since I got into HH357's ( I like the 901's and the shortie 510's at 1.5 Ohm myself), my whole view of vaping has changed. I mostly dripped for the 2+ years I've been vaping, and I vape like a fiend; chain vape everyday and night; I mostly work at home, and use bottom feeders for on the road (b/f's are basically dripping without the external bottle; they get the juice on the coil).

Before I tried HH357's (I waited quite a while before venturing the $22) I had virtually every atomizer you can name, settling on mostly dse 901's, iken i06, cisco lr's, so called "dripping atomizers" ( bridgeless), "hybrids", and 510's; even the Better Life's (Value Vapor was one of my favorite vendors along with Vapor Kings' bulk paks).

With 4 or 5 different PV's going daily, I would go through about 3-4 atomizers a month before they would just die.
At the price it isn't much more than my smoking habit was.
Fact is, after a few days of getting great vapor production out of all these atomizers, I would get "numb mouth", and this is with what has better flavor than a carto (atomizers); the flavor was just not getting through.

My buddy MWA was touting the HH357 and he never steers me wrong. After getting one or two I sold off $400 worth of gear (at least a hundred new atomizers - i stock up), all my rebuildables, and a few high end pv's. I came to the conclusion that innovation in atomizers is where it's at; APV"s as power supplying devices are maxed out today, but where it is needed is in the atomizing FLAVOR department.

If you look at the coil in the HH357 there is a lot of wire wraps; a buddy Fernand tipped me off that this design produces a solid line of juice being vaporized versus the 3 or 4 wraps of the genesis types.
Designed this way, I like a couple of the "hybrid" mass produced atomizers out now too; Aero ($12) from Avid (Cisco's), and now there is the shifu spec Hybrid from Vapage ($9). These are the closest to the HH357 in flavor and actually I've found that the vape is more consistent; easier to produce big clouds all the time, yet again "close" but not as good as Hanna's hand made 357's.

I have had the rebuildables; ody, iatty, genesis versions too. Tanks stayed on the sidelines though as carto's just don't cut it imo, flavorwise. With a little more tinkering I might have been able to improve on what some say are the best tasting, but tinkering is not my thing anymore.

The price is steep at $22, but if you want the best you got to pay to play.
I KNOW this; a 1.5 Ohm HH357 on a good eGo batt = less than $50 and = the best vape possible (no need for fancy high end VV). If you take care of it the 357 can last and last.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
You all seen this new RBA coming out
d07c7f8c-0719-2517.jpg

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Glad to see at least another thread with HH357 as the topic; at least part of it.
Since I got into HH357's ( I like the 901's and the shortie 510's at 1.5 Ohm myself), my whole view of vaping has changed. I mostly dripped for the 2+ years I've been vaping, and I vape like a fiend; chain vape everyday and night; I mostly work at home, and use bottom feeders for on the road (b/f's are basically dripping without the external bottle; they get the juice on the coil).

Before I tried HH357's (I waited quite a while before venturing the $22) I had virtually every atomizer you can name, settling on mostly dse 901's, iken i06, cisco lr's, so called "dripping atomizers" ( bridgeless), "hybrids", and 510's; even the Better Life's (Value Vapor was one of my favorite vendors along with Vapor Kings' bulk paks).

With 4 or 5 different PV's going daily, I would go through about 3-4 atomizers a month before they would just die.
At the price it isn't much more than my smoking habit was.
Fact is, after a few days of getting great vapor production out of all these atomizers, I would get "numb mouth", and this is with what has better flavor than a carto (atomizers); the flavor was just not getting through.

My buddy MWA was touting the HH357 and he never steers me wrong. After getting one or two I sold off $400 worth of gear (at least a hundred new atomizers - i stock up), all my rebuildables, and a few high end pv's. I came to the conclusion that innovation in atomizers is where it's at; APV"s as power supplying devices are maxed out today, but where it is needed is in the atomizing FLAVOR department.

If you look at the coil in the HH357 there is a lot of wire wraps; a buddy Fernand tipped me off that this design produces a solid line of juice being vaporized versus the 3 or 4 wraps of the genesis types.
Designed this way, I like a couple of the "hybrid" mass produced atomizers out now too; Aero ($12) from Avid (Cisco's), and now there is the shifu spec Hybrid from Vapage ($9). These are the closest to the HH357 in flavor and actually I've found that the vape is more consistent; easier to produce big clouds all the time, yet again "close" but not as good as Hanna's hand made 357's.

I have had the rebuildables; ody, iatty, genesis versions too. Tanks stayed on the sidelines though as carto's just don't cut it imo, flavorwise. With a little more tinkering I might have been able to improve on what some say are the best tasting, but tinkering is not my thing anymore.

The price is steep at $22, but if you want the best you got to pay to play.
I KNOW this; a 1.5 Ohm HH357 on a good eGo batt = less than $50 and = the best vape possible (no need for fancy high end VV). If you take care of it the 357 can last and last.

So, what did you think of the Betterlifes? I have had about 4 HH357 short barrel 2.5 ohms and for me, the consistency is just not there and they're too finnicky. I had one that just rocked my socks off and the rest have been a disappointment. I tried cleaning them per procedure and it still didn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread