HHV Tobacco Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggy

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
New York
Ok, based on the recommendations of users here, I made my first order from HHV that consisted of 15ml's of 30pg/70vg of Legend and Dark Horse, and 2 sample packs of 70pg/30vg of Huntsman and Dragons Fire. First up was Dragons Fire. It tasted like molasses and maple syrup, with a hint of their tobacco base. Very nice and pleasant, my 12 year old son actually passed by and commented how delicious it smelled, and without prompting he said it smelled like molasses and maple syrup (Did I mention he was 12). Then I made my way to darkhorse, legend and huntsman. They all tasted just about the same with some minor nuances. All tasted like they had the same base -- that sweet toasted almond. Kind of reminded me of the Reds from V2 cigs I first bought when I was new to vaping. Come to think of it, they tasted basically the same. So my questions are, where is the rich tobacco taste I was so hoping for? Are they using a special type of tobacco? Will steeping change flavor? BTW, I'm a regular Patriot vaper, so I guess that's what I'm comparing to.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
HHV and GeJ are two different type of NETs. GeJ has bolder flavors, while HHV's are a bit more subtle on the tobacco notes.

The flavors do change with steeping. HHV uses alcohol to mix, and that needs time to evaporate.

We have different palettes, and I get different things from those same juices as you. I did test mine out when I first received them after 2 days of initial steeping, and now after several weeks the flavors have changed in various ways. But all good ;)

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
To me, Dark Horse is a grassy, drier tobacco with a touch of sweetness. More analog like.

Legend is a mild pipe tobacco with hints of cherries and perhaps other fruits. It's a dark subtle sweetness.

Huntsman is colorful, earthy with a touch of maple or honey. It's rich, and autumnal -- you can almost close your eyes and imagine pumpkins and orange and brown leafs... It's an earthy tobacco, but it if fantastic.

From Dragon's Fire I got sweetened raisin bran cereal. I'm letting it steep a bit more :) But it is tasty as it is.

Right now, I have tanks filled with Legend, Huntsman, Serendipity, and another with Heavenly Army :) HA is my all day, everyday vape.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Several of their juices do use the same base and it should be easy to discern which those are. The tobacco you're looking for may not be found because HHV specializes in flavored tobaccos. I don't know of anyone that ever claims HHV is strictly tobacco taste--maybe Huntsman or Dark Horse, but the rest are heavily flavored/cased tobacco. It helps to accept and or know what it is you're getting and what it is that you are not. Straight-up tobacco flavor is not coming, but highly complex flavored tobaccos are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread