cvco

Nov 18, 2014
Corona, CA
Thanks once again for replies.

Ok, on my mixtures, I have available:
1. 70vg/30pg 11mg
2. 80vg/20pg 11mg
3. 70vg/30pg 18mg
4. straight vg from the bottle (and I have done that before)
5. I can BUY 70vg/30pg 3mg and 0mg
6. I have all ingredients and apparatus available for mixing on my own.

Mods:
iTaste variable voltage mod with rebuildable clearomizer
SMOK AL85 with baby beast tank and .4 and .6 coils. Nothing higher ohm is available. Sure Id love 1.8 so I could lower the watts but this will mean, as all of you have said, changing to another tank. Ok fine.

Remember the question, how to get a lung hit properly. Its nobodys fault but we went off on tangents along with the suggestions. There is a lot to digest in this thread and I dont mean to confuse anyone.

I didnt buy the SMOK for fun, it was suggested because lo-watt pencil mods wouldnt give enough UMPH to seriously help quit smoking. But holy crap, that thing is aggressive and seems meant for a pro, not a newbie. So Im trying my best on the iTaste (EGO type) to restart my new attack at vaping and come up to the SMOK a little later.

But the iTaste doesnt seem suited to DTL but thats how im trying to vape it. The draws are slow, the clouds not much on 4.0V, and Im wasnt sure if I was doing it right. Some of you have answered and Im working on it and trying.

My intended style is NOT MTL, I just want what everyone else is doing, a long draw to the lungs and out it goes. Previously, people said to suffer the harshness of the SMOK now so that you can get over it sooner, forget the EGO. But the main point is to learn to draw correctly for DTL, thats the mission.

If anyone thinks my juices are wrong for either device for DTL training, i can fix it according to what you all suggest.

Im sorry for any confusion!

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Best not to direct lung hit over 6 mg nic!
With lower nic and a minimal of 70vg start off arou d 30 watts
You want the air flow wide open For smoother hit

First exhale
With mouth on drip tip press the fire button and exhale a little more,
You should see vapor come out the air holes
then inhale like you are clearing smoke from a tube. Like whe. Th doctor says take a deep breath....
Inhale long deep and fast.
Dont be scared.. dont hesitate.
Then immediately exhale. Do not hold it In.

I had he hardest time and my son taught me to exhale while firing the mod, I dont have too any more. But in the beginning it kept me from coughing and kept my juice from feeling too hot

Reactions: QcVaper

cvco

Nov 18, 2014
Corona, CA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Drug talk is not permitted on ECF.

cvco

Nov 18, 2014
Corona, CA
Get some 3 or 6 mg nic.. I like 80 or max vg.
Ill skype with you then.

Too high of nic is going to make you cough
Ok. Check.
There was a fellow from the UK who was so afraid of not getting enough nic when he started, he bought 24mg and vaped hard. That was a very sorry day in his life. I admit my thinking was the same, thats why I got 18mg, but I will pick up some low-nic juice this week and be back to you. Thanks very much.

Reactions: Ladiekali

cvco

Nov 18, 2014
Corona, CA

First exhale
then inhale like you are clearing smoke from a tube. Like whe. Th doctor says take a deep breath....

I had he hardest time and my son taught me to exhale while firing the mod, I dont have too any more. But in the beginning it kept me from coughing and kept my juice from feeling too hot

Good post, as are others. Clear instructions from you. I'll get proper juice and we'll continue. Today is a holiday but there is one shop that might be open....

cvco

Nov 18, 2014
Corona, CA
A brief thank you to all for your patience with me. Everyone is writing great and useful posts. There is a ton of good info in this thread for a newbie and I hope more will read it. At this moment id be totally lost without all of you and I thank you sincerely. More than anything in this site, i'd love to report that I CAN VAPE, AND I QUIT.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Skyping and getting your technique down is going to help you a lot! I'd jump on that offer, fast. I guess I thought the nautilus 2 (which does offer a sub-ohm option but is a smaller tank) might work for you at lower wattages without as much coughing/nic overload. Even in a MTL tank if I draw correctly I can do DL. But, given what you have already... Skype, and figure out your technique, you'll get it working. DL, yeah, you'll have to lower your imx I think, but not necessarily.

Anna

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I know you want to do dtl, but you also mentioned that you have an issue breathing deep? My opinion is that doing long inhales is not going to feel natural. ...if your dtl is not working out, my suggestion is , like many have recommended, is a nautilus tank with a higher resistance. A low resistance coil is usually thicker , thus having more metal to handle more power, if that coil is under powered, it will take a long time to heat. So usually LR coils need higher power and more air flow to handle the higher power and with more airflow a DTL inhale...but if you like shorter, more shallow breaths, then you need a coil that will fire fast and something less airy imo, this just sounds like a mtl vape to me. Anyways see how it goes, but if you feel your current tanks are not working, try a nautilus, nautilus mini, or the new N2 with the 1.8 coils and vape them with any juice ratios no higher then 70vg. My wife has been vaping her nautilus mini for years at 50/50 to 30/70vg and upwards of 17 watts with no problems, but 12 watts is more like it. With this coil at that wattage , you will get a quick vape, like a cig.... you would hit it just like a smoke and wouldn't have to worry about looking at your screen , just press button a milli second before drawing in and releasing button just as you finish drawing. This can be put on your itaste or get another inexpensive mod that gives you the option of going slightly higher. I would vape this set up with 12 to 18 mg nic and yes, at first you will cough, but you will get use to it, as we all did.... to help ease the coughing, you take a vape and hold it in your mouth for a couple seconds, then inhale to lungs, this really works , but after a few days you will be use to the vape and then would be able to do different types of mtl inhales ...this set up is no slouch and can get you off of cigs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I got you! Haha. I had a hard time in the beginning. But I was scared and wasnt breathing in right.. then I was holding it in for too long. You dont really have to hit it long, but you do need to hit it hard..

I have had better luck sub ohming than regular vaping. I can vape 6mg nic, I tried 12 and that was not fun!

We can skype or face time and try to figure it out together. I dont work so my schedule is pretty open. Just pm me if you can and we can exchange Info

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Oh my goodness, holding vapor IN? I don't think that's the greatest idea, at least at first, if you're having trouble *breathing*. You're using nicotine and vapor not some other product.... Nicotine is absorbed fairly rapidly, I think, and actually, from those dire warnings on using 100% nic for mixing, I KNOW it is. Unless you're holding it in for the flavor, I don't think you need to. Let your lungs heal up.

Anna

Im now on my 2nd attempt to quit via vaping but HOW to vape correctly is going wrong. My setup is SMOK AL85 and baby beast tank included in the starter kit, 0.4 and 0.6 coils, 45 watt power setting, and also an older iTaste V-V pencil mod with 2ml rebuildable clearomizer.

1) You can smoke a mod like a cigarette. This gives instant coughing and I am avoiding this. Coughing is why I quit vaping last time.
2) You can close your mouth over the drip tip and breathe straight into the lungs but this is where something is going wrong. It seems all I did was fill the back of the throat because after doing this and releasing the drip tip from my mouth, i can still inhale into the lungs if I want to. Why was I able to do that and where did the vapor go when I was first inhaling? It went somewhere between the mouth and the lungs but not the lungs.
3) I did this for a test, you fire the mod and, with your lips near the drip tip, breath in. NOW you went to the lungs and it burns like hell, not to mention holy crap coughing. This method would be like having a mod with a pump which pumps the vapor out of the drip tip like a home humidifier and you breathe that.

Ive watched every YT there is, and noticed that a fellow would appear to inhale at the drip tip for a long time, then out the vapor goes, or, if you observe, someone will appear to inhale with mouth closed over the drip tip, then remove the drip tip from the mouth and then quickly inhale again, and then breathe out. Did both get a lung hit?

Can someone advise the correct way? Or, whats going on here that Im not getting it?
Easy fix man. We all have this period of learning to vape. What you want to do as a beginner is something in between #2 and #3 of what you explained but just turn your wattage down. I vaped on 12 watts for a couple months. Just play with lower wattages and find the sweet spot.

Reactions: Tonee N

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec

First exhale

Well that helped me at least XD didn't have much flavor before doing this (i use 80vg though) only thing i wonder though is if i'm to chain vape a couple times do i have to exhale every time i take a puff or not ?

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Well that helped me at least XD didn't have much flavor before doing this (i use 80vg though) only thing i wonder though is if i'm to chain vape a couple times do i have to exhale every time i take a puff or not ?
You need to breathe sometime. Jk[emoji16]
It's up to you. I would.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread