Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlit knight

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
West Central Illinois
Good news that you are ok, bad news that your area has been hit so hard. Living between two major rivers I have seen how really awful it can be for a community. Alot of hard work ahead. Stay safe! If you don't know how deep the water is for goodness sake go around.

Last edited:

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
So our local petco evacuated all of the employees and left all the animals. All 100 died traped in their cages PLEASE BOYCOTT PETCO!!!!!. And it is pouring rain here again. I was untouched by the flood but a couple of blocks down the road is devastated. All you could see of McDonalds was the top of the arches. They said all the internet and cable should be back to normal by Monday. But it's raining really hard and there is no where for the rrain to go :( Try to check in later

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
They are pressing criminal charges. The original statement from Petco said they would rather have the employees safe than dying to save a gerbil. Really? and your a pet company? They are having a protest tomorrow. The employees wanted to take the animals with them when they were evacuated and management wouldn't let them. I can't believe someone could do that. Atleast they could have let them out of the cages. It made CNN. Now it suppose to go down to 31 degrees tomorrow nite. It's only 56 now. What's next a blizzard?

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Glad your still OK Kellie

I have always hated petco... I have a 200 gallon salt water tank and how they treat the fish is a crime in itself. I already try to avoid Petco but with the exception of Walmart, they are the only place within hundreds of miles to buy certain supplies. Walmart does not carry most of what I need and we have pets here that have needs. 4 dogs, chameleon, hedgehog, parrot and fish. I already shop on-line whenever possible to avoid petco, I am now even getting crickets and worms on-line. Guess I will just have to do a better job of on-line pet shopping and keep my fingers crossed we don't have emergency needs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread