Status
Not open for further replies.

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
We are having really bad flooding here. This is worse than Irene!!!!! You know it's bad when Jim Cantore from the weather channel is talking about your town and interviewing the state police. Will prob get stuck at work for a day or two or lose power. I am on a hill so near fear of my house flooding. And if it does I better build a ark. :facepalm:

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
They said it will be twice as bad overnight. Plus the fans in my laptop died. So I have to run a small fan to blow on it to use it. Time for a new one. Gonna be a early nite 4:30am comes early and I am the one closest to work so They will send a safety team to come get me. Doubt many if any will make it to work. Gonna be a long day tomorrow :(

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I hope it all turns out okay for you Kellie. Just take care that you and yours are safe and sound. The rest is replaceable, Your not.

Stay safe. I am so sick of the never ending rain. Hard to rebuild roads in mud.
Been okay over here so far this yr. but us Washingtonians are born and reared in the rain. That's how we aquired the name "Evergreen State".

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I'm glad to hear that you are safe so far Kellie, thank you for letting us know! Let us know if you need anything.

And I agree...we've had more rain this week than we got out of Irene too. This going down in the basement and slopping the water down the sewer drain every hour is BS!
Get a sump pump. We used to have a leaky basement but I put an end to that.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Get a sump pump. We used to have a leaky basement but I put an end to that.

We have one 5C but you'd just have to know my MIL to understand her fear of everything :( Not to mention the electrical problems we're having that I told you about in my email. We still can't figure out how water is getting into the breaker box. The electrician replaced the main line down to the meter and into the panel yesterday, but half the house is still without power. He's coming back Monday to replace this corroded breaker box and run some dedicated outlets for several major appliances. One of the breakers is so corroded that he can't even pull it :( You should see all of the jerry rigging and piggy backing that has been done over the years...it's frightening!

Modrod.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
AZ, USA
We have one 5C but you'd just have to know my MIL to understand her fear of everything :( Not to mention the electrical problems we're having that I told you about in my email. We still can't figure out how water is getting into the breaker box. The electrician replaced the main line down to the meter and into the panel yesterday, but half the house is still without power. He's coming back Monday to replace this corroded breaker box and run some dedicated outlets for several major appliances. One of the breakers is so corroded that he can't even pull it :( You should see all of the jerry rigging and piggy backing that has been done over the years...it's frightening!
Sounds like my house. When we trip a breaker 90% of the power in the house goes out. Most of the lines are daisy chained into one breaker switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread