Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Wow! Very cool aspen. Good luck Sameee.

114211894.jpg

FRESH x913x

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Canon city, CO
WELCOME sameeee! your gonna love the little E-cig invention, i think its the greatest thing ever. iv been using one for almost a month now and great(aside from it kicking my insomnia problem in to overdrive) breathing is better sinuses are clearing up and no more chest pain! really hope this works out for you as it did for so many of us here. make sure to stop by and let us know how its going for you!

aspen, thats awesome of you to help some one who needs to quit like that. dont see people do somthing like that very often especially for some one they dont even know.

Sameeee

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
SW Missouri
Yesterday went so slow. and I didn't know what time UPS would run. then darn I had to go with hubby to help out his mom. I got back home after
10:00 pm and my package was on the porch, getting inside and I was so excited opening the box. I set everything out on the table and was like
a kid with a new toy lol. I put one together and it looks so cool just like a real cigarette, I put a battery on the charger at 11:00. and
droped a few drops on the atomiser and put on a cartridge, and set it aside untill morning.
it is now almost 8:00 am the the battery has charged a little over 8 hours. now is the moment of truth, put the atomiser and cartridge on the battery.
it feels like a cigarette in my hand. I took a draw,
WOW!!! it smokes like a cigarette too. I really like this. I have 1 problem tho lol. I keep reaching for a lighter lol, after a few draws I feel
like I have my nic fix and can put it down untill I am in need again.

Aspen Thank you so much, and God Bless. Your kindness will be repaid to you,
I know now that I have tryed it I will NEVER have to go back to the real thing,

Sameeee

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I see different models of the 401 are these the same just with different names.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think they are the same.

can the supplies for 1 be used for the other?
If they are the same they can.

can any of the e-liquid be used to fill the cartridges??
Yes

how offten should I clean the atomizers?
A lot of varying opinions on this, look around for threads about that subject.

and what would be the best way to do it?
A lot more varying opinions on this.
Hopefully you'll find some "how often" and "best way" opinions mostly in the same threads.
:)

do I need anything else??
You need to assume any one of the items involved may fail at any time.
That means you need at least one backup for everything.

is there anything else I need to know??
Many people experience a learning curve, and there may be some frustration coming.
Don't give up, just use this forum for help with any problems you run into.

DebraLynn

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
Irving, Tx
Samee,
.... luck with the ecig's - I have smoked for almost 30 years and just got mine last weekend. I am officially off cigs now and it is wonderful. The first weekend I still smoked but not as much - had to learn how to use the ecigs and get used to them, but it was worth the extra time put into it.
Love and Light to you and your husband, keep me posted on how it goes.
Deb

MisKate

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Illinois, USA
Wow, I got watery eyes reading this thread. Aspen, you are a saint. What a wonderful, generous gesture! We need more people like you in this world.

Sameeee, be patient with yourself, and patient with the e-cig. It is not perfect, but it is soooo worth it if you stick with it. I was off cigarettes by my 5th day, and I had smoked for almost 40 years. I am now on day 31 of no-smoking. The biggest miracle of all is that 4 days ago I got my husband to finally try an e-cig. So far he has not smoked even ONE cigarette! Never thought I would see that happen. I am hoping and praying that he continues to vape and not smoke.

Sameeee

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
SW Missouri
I want to thank everyone for their advice and encouragement it means a lot to me, all have just been so kind.
today has not gone as good as I hoped, don't worry I am not giving up. just setting up. and learning the in's and out's. so PLEASE! if I am doing something wrong tell me.
the #1 battery I charged 8 hours. I did not expect to last the 8 hours while the #2 battery was charging. and it didn't lol. so yes I am still smoking cigarettes, when battery #2 was done charging I put battery #1 back on, now I was getting very little vapor, no matter what I did I could not get enough to inhale, I tryed putting another atomizer on and the same thing, I could not figure out what I was doing wrong, after 3 hours #2 needed charged again, so I switched them out and guess what? with #1 I am getting good vapor as before. now I am thinking #2 is not working right, will charge #3 over night and see how that one works, and I think the e-liquid is too strong for me it makes me kinda dizzy. and the vapor is not as thick as I have seen on the videos, going to see if I can find some VG to cut it with. will VG clog the atomizer??? or should I try to find PG??
Thanks Deadcat2 for answering my questions. now I can make my shopping list, lol

I will get this figured out. then I can proudly put a stopped smoking banner in my sig:)

Sameeee

vapordad

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Oak Park, IL -- USA
Well, best story so far. Aspen and Sameee, you have made my night. Aspen, so generous, and Sameee, thanks for trying these, and thanks for the story about someone at Walmart giving you this URL.

I swear, everyone ends up quittin' or reducing their analog usage so quickly with this. I assume there is some group that this doesn't work for (must be pretty small or there would be a whole different forum), but I quit the first day (except for one lapse while I waited for batteries to charge --now I've stocked up on batts and supplies). I just don't understand how this can be bad?

I wish that our gov't would have someone dedicated to reading the different forums on ecigs.

Anyway, guys, I just figured out what I'll do with the ecigs I end up not using as I have been trying all different kinds.

Sameee, one thing to pay it forward would be to tell your story to someone in a similar situation. It sounds like some of us have some extra supplies (likely most people have shelved a model or a flavor or something they can donate...if everyone who reads this thinks about it, we can probably fit our extras in a warehouse).

Keep the vape (my new saying).

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.

Sameeee

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
SW Missouri
This morning has is going better than yesterday so far. Hope it's the same for the rest of the day. #2 battery must not have charged good before. now after the 2nd charge it is working Great. and found out on a different post the battery's need to charge 10 hours not 8 that might have been the problem.
my son works nights and stopped by lastnight before going to work. I showed him my e-cig. he liked it. says if it works he is going to get one for his wife. told him about the e-liquid being to strong and needing the VG and also told him about DIY with LorAnn's flavoring. well being the greatest son he is, he dropped off this morning. Wiltons Glycerine, and 3 flavors of LorAnn's. he got them at the super Walmart since it is open 24-7. you can bet he got a BIG HUG lol. he got chocolate, pina colada. and strawberry,
didn't want to mix up lots and mess up me e-liquid so I put 4 drops e-liquid. 2 drops VG. and 2 drops chocolate. OOOOOOOOO I am in Love. lol I think I am going to have another problem lol I am not going to want to put this down lol. I will have to pace myself.
I am finding real cigarettes are starting to taste like bull hockey.
here is my plan, as soon as I get my 4 battery's charged and in rotation. I am not going to smoke the real thing. I am not even going to buy another pack to keep as a backup. if I have them in the house I will want one. I have battery #4 to charge tonight so tomarrow should be the day. crossing my fingers and toes lol.
Thanks MaryKay I had already read the DIY section. it got the squeaky wheels turning.
and I will surely love to join the ladys in the "Women's Room" thanks for the invite.

Sameeee

Sameeee

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
SW Missouri
I am so disappointed in my self. I just can't get this 401 to work as it should.
Aspen says maybe it's just not the right one for me. so he sent out a 901 and 501 for
me to try, he has been so very kind to help me as he has, I don't want to let him down.
so I am going to keep at it until I get the others, maybe I will be able to master
how to draw on this 401 without my jaws hurting. I know I am trying to hard. and need to relax.
Aspen said I will need to buy spare atomizers for the 501 and 901. where would be a good site to get them from at a low price?? It will have to be the 1st before I can order
anything so I have time to shop around, and see what all I can get. I have seen so many wonderful flavors of e-liquid. I want to get some of them too. I know I want to get some chocolate lol,
I am going to keep trying

Sameeee

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
Hi Sameeee, ( very kewl Aspen and Cancer :: smile)

Samee, I would suggest getting a 401 Passthrough ( since you have the atomizers)..That would cut way down on your battery charging if you spend time at your computer very much...You can find one at RockyMoutainVapor for I think 14$ ( free shipping- be patient with his stock- hes new)..You plug it in a portal on your comp...Itll actually increase the power/vapor of your e-cig, Consistently...

What mg of nicotene is the eliquid that you think is too high?..When you are ready to order a larger amount of juice/attys..Do Private message me.. I know where some great deals are k...Or if you have m401 questions..I still love my 401...

I had some extra stuff but, I am setting my cousin up with a really nice kit... I do have a lot of different flavors of eliquid but, It may be too high for you..let me know...

Good luck (smile)

Sameeee

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
SW Missouri
sorry it's been so long since I updated. my daughter is home on leave from the Navy, with the grandbabies for the 4th, having so much fun. I only get to see them maybe 1's a year.
I am doing so much better with the e-cig, am getting good with the draw on the 401, nice little e-cig. not much vapor tho, got the 501 and 901 from Aspen Friday, lots of vapor with them.
I ran out of cigarettes Thursday. and have not smoked since.it has been a lot easyer than I thought it would be, wish I had found out about the e-cig sooner. took my cigarette money and ordered e-liquid,
(can't wait to try the different flavors,) and spare atomizers for all of them. will get batteries soon. but with all I bought I should be set for a while,
hubby is surprised being 3 days with out a cigarette and not killing anyone yet lol. going to try to put the smoking banner in my sig so I can track my progress.

I know I am going to make it now Thanks so much for your support, And a Very specal Thanks to Aspen

Sameeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread