Status
Not open for further replies.

MayBells

Sep 6, 2021
İstanbul
Hey folks,

I'm new on this forum also new on vapeing ^^

I wanna ask something about DIY e-liqs.

If i make liquids with just one aroma and steep all the e-liquids seperately but same percentages with PG/VG/Nbase rates. Then when they steeped in their times (they will steeped in different times, i knew) if i mix them when i wanna vape, how will the aromas taste? Can i taste them togetherly or wont i taste the aromas seperately because of they didnt steep together?

Actually i want to steep tobacco aromas seperately and the vanillia aroma in another bottle. Cause sometime im gonna vape just tobacco or sometimes just vanillia custard or sometimes wanna vape tobacco-vanillia-peanut togetherly.

What do you think about that?

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Welcome to ecf @Müge Etik :thumbs:

I don't see any real problems with what you are proposing. It's always a good idea to get to know your flavors separately. I'd make smaller batches at first as to not waste any stinkers. After a bit of practice, you'll realize some flavors, at different percentages, will meld more naturally after being steeped together.

MayBells

Sep 6, 2021
    İstanbul
    Welcome to ecf @Müge Etik :thumbs:

I don't see any real problems with what you are proposing. It's always a good idea to get to know your flavors separately. I'd make smaller batches at first as to not waste any stinkers. After a bit of practice, you'll realize some flavors, at different percentages, will meld more naturally after being steeped together.

Some vapors said to me that when they mixed, there would be a wicker taste of each. I'm not sure if there will be a lost of flavor. That was why i ask.

And yeah i'll make small batches like 10 ml. Cause it's the first time to try a DIY e-liquid myself.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Some vapors said to me that when they mixed, there would be a wicker taste of each. I'm not sure if there will be a lost of flavor. That was why i ask.

And yeah i'll make small batches like 10 ml. Cause it's the first time to try a DIY e-liquid myself.
    The flavors mixed together should enhance each other. In the case of tobacco mixes, you'll definitely want the tobacco to be forward. Which tobacco aroma are you looking to start with?

Are you looking to recreate a favorite premix?

Last edited:

MayBells

Sep 6, 2021
    İstanbul
    The flavors mixed together should enhance each other. In the case of tobacco mixes, you'll definitely want the tobacco to be forward. Which tobacco aroma are you looking to start with?

Are you looking to recreate a favorite premix?

Well I just wanna vape them sometimes seperately, not always vape like RY-4. Also i thought i would find a good percentages of the mixing for my taste when im trying. :) in the future, definately im gonna steep them togetherly when i find my taste. :)

MayBells

Sep 6, 2021
    İstanbul
    Yeap i did the same when i was new into diy but also do it today with my tobacco juice i sometimes like to add some caramel juice or vanilla into my tobacco juice depending on my mood...all steeped ofc......just give them alittle shake ofc after u mix :p
    :rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll:
    Great :) thanks for sharing your experiments:) u have been doing what i was thinking!

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Well I just wanna vape them sometimes seperately, not always vape like RY-4. Also i thought i would find a good percentages of the mixing for my taste when im trying. :) in the future, definately im gonna steep them togetherly when i find my taste. :)
    When you get ready, look up Goofy's Juice. ;)

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Hello Müge Etik and Welcome to ECF :)

Looks like you've received some good suggestions already. I hope you have fun with your DIY mixing. Creating good DIY mixes does require patience.

You have a solid plan, so I am sure success will find you. :thumbs:

MayBells

Sep 6, 2021
    İstanbul
    When you get ready, look up Goofy's Juice. ;)

Where I live, it's hard to find the original e-liqs and also they are so expensive, unfortunately...
    So i decided to try DIY e-liq. But I bought so much aromas :shock:

There is the list of what flavors I bought:
    • Latakia
    • Virginia
    • Havana
    • French Pipe (FE)
    • Cohiba (FE)
    • Tobacco Absolute (FE)
    • Tobacco Additive (FE)
    • Double RY4 (TFA)
    • Toasted Almond (TFA)
    • Peanut Butter (TFA)
    • Espresso (TFA)
    • Vanilla custard (TFA)
    • Sweet cream (TFA)
    • Banana (TFA)

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    :banana:
    Where I live, it's hard to find the original e-liqs and also they are so expensive, unfortunately...
    So i decided to try DIY e-liq. But I bought so much aromas :shock:

There is the list of what flavors I bought:
    • Latakia
    • Virginia
    • Havana
    • French Pipe (FE)
    • Cohiba (FE)
    • Tobacco Absolute (FE)
    • Tobacco Additive (FE)
    • Double RY4 (TFA)
    • Toasted Almond (TFA)
    • Peanut Butter (TFA)
    • Espresso (TFA)
    • Vanilla custard (TFA)
    • Sweet cream (TFA)
    • Banana (TFA)
    Looks like a great start you have there. We seem to have similar tastes :thumb:. That being said, keep a eye out for TFA Banana Nut Bread and FW Hazelnut. I use those quite often with my tobaccos.

MayBells

Sep 6, 2021
    İstanbul
    :banana:
    Looks like a great start you have there. We seem to have similar tastes :thumb:. That being said, keep a eye out for TFA Banana Nut Bread and FW Hazelnut. I use those quite often with my tobaccos.

Delicious advices! :2cool: The some tobaccos' brew time are between 5-10 days, where the RY4's brew time 5 weeks! Or banana-almond-peanut's are 3 week... etc..

When u brew them togetherly, how long you brew? how to decide?

Also i couldn't find vanilla custard's brew time.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Delicious advices! :2cool: The some tobaccos' brew time are between 5-10 days, where the RY4's brew time 5 weeks! Or banana-almond-peanut's are 3 week... etc.. When u brew them togetherly, how long you brew? how to decide? Also i couldn't find vanilla custard's brew time.
    Those timeframes sound correct. TFA Vanilla Custard is probably around the 3 week mark. I don't really have the patience to keep notes on steeping. I'll try it out the next day, and if I like it, I'll keep vaping it. Hopefully, I'll make enough to where I can appreciate the wait. As far as those tobaccos go, they will always improve with time.

MayBells

Sep 6, 2021
    İstanbul
    Those timeframes sound correct. TFA Vanilla Custard is probably around the 3 week mark. I don't really have the patience to keep notes on steeping. I'll try it out the next day, and if I like it, I'll keep vaping it. Hopefully, I'll make enough to where I can appreciate the wait. As far as those tobaccos go, they will always improve with time.

"I'll try it out the next day, and if I like it, I'll keep vaping it."
    That's logical :thumbs:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    When u brew them togetherly, how long you brew? how to decide?

Also i couldn't find vanilla custard's brew time.
    Typically your bakery type flavors, like custards and creams, will do best with a 3-4 week steep.

Some fruits are true shake and vape while others do well with a steep of about a week. All depends on what flavors.

I can't help with tobacco flavors because I don't vape those.

I usually test a mix right after mixing so I know where it's at. Also so I understand how it develops over time. I like to test my mixes as they develop, or steep, over time. I use an RDA for that and drip.

I always keep good detailed notes on all flavors and recipes. Those come in handy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread