Hi, how does one use MadVapes Reward points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I still don't get it. You click redeem, select a gift card amount that matches your reward points, then check out with a gift card in your cart? No where does it indicate that it won't simply charge my credit card for a $5 gift card, which wouldn't be much of a reward at all. Really weird process. Does it not charge to your credit card even though it appears that it will? Can someone confirm that before I click checkout?

Make sure your cart is empty and when you look at the gift certificate page, don't go into the details of the gift certificate. At the page that shows all the gift certificates, there's a little redeem button. Click that and it's pretty much automated to complete the checkout and e-mails you a code. Then you can place your order and put the code in the coupon box.

The other thing our cart does tha is a bit confusing is that when you apply your code, it doesn't deduct it from the total that the invoice shows. It works more like a cash payment. Say you spend $50.00 and pay with $10 cash and then the rest on a credit card. The Gift certificates work like this as the invoice amount doesn't change but the payment of your credit card will be less based on the gift certificate (cash) applied.

hoog

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
I always forget about points. At least, it is not on my mind when I am purchasing. I will be on a site and notice, I have points.
"Oh, hey, I have points" I'll say to myself, usually after a purchase, but then soon forget.

I am a bad coupon person too, I never use them. Unlike a coupon you take to the store the site keeps track of them for you, so even if you forget, they just sit there, money waiting for you. :) How cool is that!

Bluzeman

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Ohio
You purchased a gift certificate. I almost did that myself the first(and only) time I used points.

Like Hoogie said, make sure your cart is empty before you start.

You have to click "my account". Scroll down till you see My Rewards, and click Redeem, over to the right. You will then see the different denominations available. Find the one you want, that you have enough points for, and click the redeem link below it. Do NOT click the certificate itself. If you do, you will be placing one in your cart to purchase! You should then see something like "You are about to redeem x dollar gift certificate for x points". And a big red button that says "Click here to Redeem".

This will place it in your cart, you then just proceed to checkout and follow the instructions.

When you make your next purchase, use the code as a coupon code. You should see the amount of the discount then.

Hope this helps. Yes, it IS a bit confusing, but if I figured it out, I'm sure anyone can. :)

Sjkader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Mellette, SD
They stopped rewarding you when you buy juice now, sucks for a lot of people, but still good when you buy hardware
They still give points on juice. It just does not say it on the juice page. I assume it is because on the juice page is not a set price. you have to select your size and strength which changes the price. All other items have one item with a set price, so they can display the points on the page. You will get the points once you check out!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread