Hi, I am pretty new vaping and would like some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a Teslacigs Stealth 40W with a Shadow 2ML tank. Stainless steel 316 0.6, 20-50 W coil. I currently have the settings on 40 Watts, 390° F, with a 0.63 resistance. I'm not sure if these are the right settings at all. When I smoked cigs I smoked menthol: Kools, Salem's, Pall Mall, to name a few. I want it to be strong hit like a cigarette, but it's not really happening :( may need to change settings, or the ejuice I'm using may not be right. The juice is 20 ML. 16 MG nicotine strength, and 70vg/30pg, whatever that means. Please help! Thanks!

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
i'm not too familiar with temp control - but 40w/.63ohm seems about right, maybe a little high if nothing else. I'd check around here, see if theres a teslacigs stealth 40w page around - and check some youtube reviews, see what they set it too.

Hope this helps! sorry I'm not more knowledgeable with this device.

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
Look for a setting or check your manual and change the mod into wattage mode, temperature mode is for advanced users and even then many don't use it.

Start at a lower wattage around 15-20 and work your way up until its comfortable. The 70vg means the throat hit will be a little low but at 16mg nicotine strength there should be plenty of throat hit.

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
Your temperature is on the lower end. Bump up 10 degrees at a time (ease into it) until you find the vape you're looking for. First hint of a dry hit and you'll need to back down, as you've likely reached the end of the wicking to airflow equation. I expect you'll enjoy it more in the mid-400's.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Threasa & welcome
If the previous suggestions, which are good ones, still don't provide enough throat hit the you could try juice that is 50/50 VG/PG as the PG is known for its throat hit. Higher nic content is also possible up to 18 mg or even 24 mg but nic while giving a throat hit has other considerations to it in that you don't want too much or you'll get a headache and not feel well for a bit. Some flavors also provide more hit than others, such as those with citrus in them.

Barring that you can chase larger clouds but that will likely have you purchasing a new and more powerful mod so that you can get a better tank with a lower resistance coil. If you chase larger clouds you may actually want less nic in your juice.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi, I have a Teslacigs Stealth 40W with a Shadow 2ML tank. Stainless steel 316 0.6, 20-50 W coil. I currently have the settings on 40 Watts, 390° F, with a 0.63 resistance. I'm not sure if these are the right settings at all. When I smoked cigs I smoked menthol: Kools, Salem's, Pall Mall, to name a few. I want it to be strong hit like a cigarette, but it's not really happening :( may need to change settings, or the ejuice I'm using may not be right. The juice is 20 ML. 16 MG nicotine strength, and 70vg/30pg, whatever that means. Please help! Thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined. I would read the enclosed. Sounds like you might want to try a juice at 50/50,18 or 24 mg menthol to get your hit.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
May 2016 / Smoking Vapor
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
My 2 cents worth. I would forget the temperature control and go with kanthal coils if you are looking for a throat hit. 1.3 ohm and lower with a 60/40pg or 50/50 if you are hardcore. I was dripping 18mg before I started cutting back to now 6mg. For me TC is smooth and has very little throat hit also seems the nicotine is lost somewhere, but the flavor is great.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
TC is fine, if set correctly.
25 watts, controls ramp up.
450F°, temp target.
Use 65 to 70% PPG, controls TH & is the Flavor carrier.

Use menthol flavors as they ramp up throat hit.

Your device may be underpowered in Kanthal/ Power mode.
0ver 6 yrs ago i started at 33mgs, now down to 22mg, i like nicotine..

Reactions: Cheallaigh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread