Hi, I'm Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I think an innokin MVP type of mod may be a prudent choice.

You might like the MVP 4. An MVP 5 kit might also suit.

Beyond this I agree with @Falconeer, we need more data from you. I suggest the two items I did based on a very general criteria. Innokin makes good devices that are straight forward to use. A kit from them can get you in the door so to speak and let you figure out where to go from there. You can/could always pick up a different RDTA/RDA to try different styles of vaping, knowing you've got a relatively decent mod.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
hello
what is your pod?

vaping is either mouth-to-lung or direct-lung (MTL and DL)

MTL uses higher resistance coils (measured in ohm 0.7ohm and above, usually above 1.0ohm) = like cigarettes
DL is low resistance (called subohm, meaning under 1.0ohm) = like shisha

MTL require littele power = under 20watts
DL needs more = say from 30 to whatever you can take (some crazies reach 200w)

most pods are MTL with high resistance = like a cigarette

vaping setups are usuallu a mod/battery and a tank. and you can find MTL and DL and whatever in between.

you're basically looking for a mod and a tank or two. if you want to try both DL and continue to MTL like youve been doing with pod.

i first had a pod and a kit (DL tank and mod) with a built-in battery and non-variable power Aspire K4 Quick Start Kit - Aspire® Official Site
[so this mod only has one button that fires 50-60watts, so i could only put a DL tank on it and the coils had to be able to handle and not need more than that power. if i put a MTL tank on it, it would have exploded. and if i put a DL tank with a coil designed for 100w there would.ve been little to no vapour]

then i wanted more control and got a mod on which i can control the power, so i could put MTL or DL tanks on and change the power (and other things) to my liking.

so i got this kit (kit=mod and tank)

the tank that comes with it is DL. of course i already had one that i could use on it , but it was old and i wanted to try this one because of the good reviews.

in addition, i got this MTL tank, because i still like MTL too.

there's newer stuff of course (a new zenith 3d pro tank from the makers of the zlide MTL for example). but this should explain what you're next steps can be. i don't know if anyone jumps directly from pods to rebuildable tanks, which are more economic. watch some reviews and guides on youtube. search for some guides thar'll repeat this info and expand on it_ ppl here will provide some links soon i trust.

your first decision will be between buying the following:

-fixed wattage mod [you cant change power and yyou have to stay with a kit tank unless you find somthing similar power]. this is virtually always internal battery.
-VW mod . you can change power within the range the mod can fire at.

if you choose VW. your next decision is between:

-external battery mod + batteries + external charger + DL/MTL tank(s) [+coils] (better but mor things to buy)
-internal battery mod + DL/MTL tank(s) [+coils] (decent mods will live long enough, some have had theirs for years. but technically everything with internal battery eventually dies). this is not a bad option at all.

keep us updated. give us more info preferences etc. ppl here are very helpful. this was my thread when i was looking to get more advanced. i kept changing my mind and asking abt every detail before i bought something and after even. my big issue was size.
istick pico and nautilus 2 S, options and alternatives?

after each decision/step you'll need more info either ppl here, guides or videos will provide. it won't take long to buy a suitable set. as soon as we figure out your preferences ppl here will give you options, or ready-made lists/threads that suit what you need. if you don't what you want, there'll be suggestions for flexibility too.
my suggestion is that you do the same thing i did: get a variable wattage mod with good DL and MTL tanks. doesnt matter if it's internal/external battery.
have fun!

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread