The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hi there, new to vapin and this website

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by J-Devil, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. J-Devil

J-Devil New Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Hi so im new to vaping i dont even have my mod or juice yet. Both of them are being shipped to me atm so il have them in a few days. The mod im getting is a IPV Mini 2 and Ive decided on a 30 ml bottle of milkmans Churrios, a 15ml bottle of Cutwoods Boss Reserve, and my friend is sending me a 30 ml bottle of a mango papaya flavor all 3mg of nicotine along with a rebuildable atomizer and a vape tool kit. I know im gunna enjoy vaping as a new hobby.

But i have this one nagging question... my friend tells me that a 30ml bottle of juice lasts him about a month. But he only vapes at home and during bathroom breaks at work. Im pretty much gunna be vaping non stop cause i have nothing better to do atm due to my current living situation, so how long would a 15 ml bottle and a 30 ml bottle normally last a heavy vaper?

2. CG138

CG138 Full Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Nebraska
    I'm a hobbyist now (0 mg) I only vape on the weekends and occasionally after work. On the weekends I vape heavily and I can kill a 30 in a day easily. That said I use about 50 mls a week on average. Most of it done in 2 days.

3. ufosnowcat

ufosnowcat Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Aalst, Belgium
    depends on your tank/coil wattage, low esistance high wattage = more juice

i tend to use 10-15ml a day +-80W 5nic lvl i used to smoke a pack a day
    my wife is on less than 5ml a day 8nic +-24W she used to smoke 3 packs a day

the nic lvl you'll need roughly depends on the amount of liquid you are using

when you are starting be mindfull off the sighns of nicotine overdose, sweating dizzy.

if you have more info on the coils you are going to use and the amount of nic in your liquid we can give some directions, but in the end its personal

4. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

+1. It depends on how you vape. A tootle puffer with a 1.2Ω coil running 9 watts will use up a 30ml bottle in about 100 days, vaping lightly. I can run through 30ml in a day or two subohming it.

5. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    2 ohm sing. coil RDA @ 6.6 w : approx. 5 ml./day Moderate to semi-heavy.

6. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    Welcome aboard!

As others have mentioned, the most important part of the equation is missing. Depends on what topper and ohms you vape at. I have an IPV Mini2 that I still use, mostly with an Aspire Atlantis or Kanger Sub mini tank using the 0.5Ω kanthal coils. While I only use them about a third of my vaping time, I would guess either would require more then your 45 mls to get through a month, depending on frequency of use. Juice keeps well, so having too much is not a bad thing. So would suggest adding a tank, spare coil(s), and another 30ml of juice to your shopping cart, unless you are close to a B&M.

BTW, I've been hitting the Cuttwood Boss Reserve in a TFV4 and really liking it.

Good luck and enjoy the ride! :vapor:

7. Sir2fyablyNutz

Sir2fyablyNutz ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    When I decided I was going to start sub ohm vaping I started to look into DIY juice. It's my hobby now and I've probably had days I vaped 30 ml in my Smok TFV4 with the triple coils. I reached zero nicotine so I don't have to worry about how much I use, I just vape when I want.

8. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    I'm locked in on Evods. (Pen style) 650 mah 2.4 ohm @3.4-3.5 volts. Had been lung hitting for couple of months doing 3.5-4ml daily. Recently had to back off the airflow and go back to MTL hits reduced my consumption to barely 2ml daily. Too much VG was causing problems for me.

9. Vesuvius

Vesuvius Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Hey, Welcome Aboard!!

10. J-Devil

J-Devil New Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Sorry im probably going to be vaping at around 30-50 watts and vaping at 70 when i want lots of clouds and im not sure what ohms i should vape at nor do i know how to change the amount of ohms on my mod

11. MudVaper

MudVaper Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2015
    You might want to look into also getting a sub ohm tank with changeable coils to use before trying to jump into an RDA you must build yourself.

That will give you space and time to learn about Ohm's law, and how to build safely. It doesn't always go smoothly the first time around and is downright dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

As a disclaimer, my first build was easy and worked right off the bat. Subsequent builds have been harder or non-starters, lol. In other words, still learning after two months.

12. J-Devil

J-Devil New Member

Mar 11, 2016
    What exactly is ohms law? Ive asked my friend and even employees at my local vape shop and they pretty much told me its just resistance. Without much more explanation than that. Ide appreciate some guidance.

I've also watched alot of videos and read up on RDAs and building coils. Im not going to get intot the fancy coils but i know the one my friend is sending me is a dual coil and im just going to do regular coils for both. Theres a coil making thing inside of the kit hes sending me and a large pack of 24 guage kanthal and Egyptian cotton and clippers and a few other things.

13. MudVaper

MudVaper Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2015
    Ohm's Law Explained for Vapers

Here is a good start - you should never just start wrapping coils without serious guidance.

I keep hoping one of the coil-building gurus with better answers will chime in here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.