Hi world

Status
Not open for further replies.

m.a.t

Feb 2, 2017
Hi everyone! I'm happy to stop smoking for about two months so far. However, sometimes I feel it's better to get back to smoke and stop vaping because there's alot of fake batteries in the market which make me so worried about safety while im vaping.
Currently I'm using wismec RX 2/3 mod with Aspire tank and 0.4 coil.
I always vape around 40-50 Wattages.
The most important I want to learn about is batteries, I'm using 3 married batteries AWT 18650 , 3000MAH 40A. Im wondering if am using the correct batteries and the correct settings in my mod. I would really appreciate you guys for some advice and informations. Have good vaping all :).

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Mat & welcome
I don't think you've got the best batteries. First hint is the 40 amp rating, in reality no 40 amp battery exists in 18650. Second when I try to find the 18650's listed I can't see them but on the 26650's the AWT brand is noted as a rewrap on the same cells as Efest, and those are the ones everyone seems to be down on.

The most popular battery for vaping is probably the LG-HG2's and one of the most reliable places to buy them is Liion Wholesale.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
When using a regulated power device - 50w to 60w per true 20a CDR cell or 75w to 90w per true 30a CDR cell.
Yours uses 3 cells, vaping at 40 - 50 watts is very reasonable & safe with known quality batteries.

There are much better choices in batteries than what you're currently using.
Samsung 30Q
LGhg2
Sony vtc6
all 3000mah with sufficient CDR to use 150w in 3 cell configuration.

If you want to learn about batteries there is a battery & chargers specific sub forum ---> Batteries and Chargers

Above all, only buy batteries from reputable vendors / dealers to avoid counterfeit/fake, re wrapped & erroneously labeled cells.

My go to place is ---> Batteries and Chargers

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Most likley you got your hands on fake/counterfeit LG's, there are several fake varieties on the market. Almost a certainty considering you vape at 40w - 50w.
LG makes several models could be the cells you had trouble with were legit but had a lower CDR than what you need.

Mooch & others did/have tested those batteries & found them to be mid to low quality cells.
Not really a point in retesting cells from a company that puts wrap with their name on actual manufacturers cells. They can and do change what cell they wrap frequently. So you could test 100 that all were fine, #101 ~ 200 could be a lower quality or different cell altogether.
There is no telling what is used under the wrap unless your specific batteries are tested which would at least reduce their useful life if not render them useless.

Your awt batteries most likley are mid to low quality 20a cells, but, there is no way for the normal consumer to know, guessing whether they are okay or not isn't something I would do.

If you have any saftey concerns best is to replace them with known quality name brand cells bought from a reputable vendor/dealer.

Last edited:
Reactions: RainSong

m.a.t

Feb 2, 2017
Thanks for the reply , the LG i got HG2 the brown color. As I know LG and Sony don't make those type of batteries, I went myself to their store and asked about them and they don't sell them. Plus why they don't put mark on their original batteries anyhow so everyone can recognize them at least??

With the original LG HG2 what's the estimate time for them to run my RX2/3 at 40-50w with three cells ?

I have also more questions for you guys , im not upgrading the mod yet , will upgrading it make any different to batteries run time and make the last longer before recharge them ?
Thanks alot

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
for what you're doing, in a 3 battery configuration Samsung 30q is going to give you the best balance. They are also the least likely of the "good batteries" to be counterfeits, just pick up 3 of those. They look like this...
fb33ce022ec95f0ccec63cda8ff6e4a1.jpg

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I don't understand what you're trying to say in the first part of your response.
It is obvious to me the Lghg2 you have are either used cells harvested from another source or fake.
They don't mark them because no battery we use in vaping is intended for retail end consumer use.

With 3 authentic LGhg2's 3000mah each at 40 - 50w approximately 45 minutes of pressing & continuously holding the fire button somewhere around 270 10 second / 540 5 second inhales or a dang long time.
Most folks get at least a day if not more.
It is almost impossible for me to guess how long you should get from a set of cells, 12 - 15 inhales per hour or 100 per hour makes a difference.

Like others have said, the first battery I recommended Samsung 30Q would be a very good choice.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi everyone! I'm happy to stop smoking for about two months so far. However, sometimes I feel it's better to get back to smoke and stop vaping because there's alot of fake batteries in the market which make me so worried about safety while im vaping.
Currently I'm using wismec RX 2/3 mod with Aspire tank and 0.4 coil.
I always vape around 40-50 Wattages.
The most important I want to learn about is batteries, I'm using 3 married batteries AWT 18650 , 3000MAH 40A. Im wondering if am using the correct batteries and the correct settings in my mod. I would really appreciate you guys for some advice and informations. Have good vaping all :).
Welcome and glad you joined. This should help you with your problem.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor

m.a.t

Feb 2, 2017
Can i ask what is the best and trusted shopping websites to buy batteries and chargers and ships internationally?! I looked to mooch's trusted vendors and they don't ship internationally ...

I noticed that after each puff, my mod gives me some numbers like 2.7 v - 3.2 v and 9.7A - 10.5A ? Any idea of this? This is while setting my mod around 40w-55w

SORRY for asking to much questions I'm newbie and trying to learn more about vaping. Thanks

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Can i ask what is the best and trusted shopping websites to buy batteries and chargers and ships internationally?! I looked to mooch's trusted vendors and they don't ship internationally ...

I noticed that after each puff, my mod gives me some numbers like 2.7 v - 3.2 v and 9.7A - 10.5A ? Any idea of this? This is while setting my mod around 40w-55w

Answering backwards. The numbers are what we expect to see if the mod is registering/showing the volts and amps. Those figures sound right to me. With a low resistance coil the volts might seem low but the amps will seem high.

As for international shipping, can you give us any information, or are you somewhere where vaping is not really allowed?

m.a.t

Feb 2, 2017
Answering backwards. The numbers are what we expect to see if the mod is registering/showing the volts and amps. Those figures sound right to me. With a low resistance coil the volts might seem low but the amps will seem high.

As for international shipping, can you give us any information, or are you somewhere where vaping is not really allowed?

My mod reads the coil and its prebuild coil 0.42

I'm in the Middle East. vaping is allowed, but there's no shop that sells only vape products and accessories. I only find them in hookah shops and not really sure of their quality. They might be from ebay Chinese sellers they look like fake you know what I mean...

I just wanna be sure that I'm using the best quality products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread