Hi y'all Newbie to posting on. ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindamck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Bedford, TX, USA
Hi. My name is Linda and I live in Texas. My history - I was a smoker for 49 years. Tried every possible method of quitting ... You know, patches, pills, gum etc. In short, nothing worked for longer than a few weeks. Then when visiting family, I was introduced to the world of ecigs and juice. That was 3 months ago and I still have the 4 unopened packs of analogs that I went with and haven't smoked one or missed it since. I know now that I'll never smoke again as long as I can vape.

In the beginning I made some stupid comment about saving a lot of $$ since I wasn't buying analogs anymore...HAHAHA. Joke is on me with the big world of vaping. I think I'm a "juice and equipment junkie". Can't resist new flavors and I've discovered the beauty of glass tanks and bigger batteries. Next it's on to more advanced stuff!

Enough of the boring info about me. I just want to say that this forum is great and I've really learned a lot by lurking and reading. I look forward to hearing from both newbies and experts.

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Hi Linda...I smoked as long as you did and the first time I vaped was the last day I smoked--about 7 or so months ago. I also bought everything in sight for the first 3 or 4 months and then found my "happy place." So now I just buy juice from a couple of favorite places and I get a zamplebox once a month. Now I actually AM spending way less than when I smoked. Cigs here in PA are $7/pack and I was going through almost 2 a day. Many of them just burning out--talk about burning through money!!

Welcome to the forum. So many great folks and information and so much help and support here! :toast:

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
Welcome aboard, Linda!

I love hearing stories where people take to vaping like a fish in water; I just convinced my mom to give it a try, and I'm hoping she likes it more than Chantix!

Since it sounds like you've found some equipment you're happy with for the time being, what have you been using recently?

Skeeter812

Aug 9, 2014
South Ms
Linda, Welcome to ECF.
I was much like you, I smoked for fourth some odd years and finally I said enough is enough.
I picked up an inexpensive starter kit to give it a try and the rest is history. I tried just about every way imaginable to quit smoking and vaping is the only thing that worked. I can't imagine ever going back to the analogs. The main thing is to get quality gear tailored to your needs and a good quality juice. You add the two together and that's a wrap.
Congrats on breaking free from the nasties.

Hi Linda, and welcome aboard! I'm a newbie myself to vaping, about three months now and definitely not going back. I've been a smoker for 30-35yrs trying to quit, cut back, etc., etc.. I know EXACTLY what you mean about thinking I was going to SAVE some money with vaping. ha! Finding the All-Day Vape and what equipment works best has been an expensive journey, but well worth the experience.

:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread