• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilith79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
MI
Not according to the social group page. How odd. Anyhoo....HI!!!
I've been out as bi since I was 17, I'm 31 now. I happen to be married to a man, but it wouldn't have mattered to me what gender my partner was. I do still get to have female partners as I have an open relationship. I would love to find a long term gf someday. *wistful sigh*

lilith79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
MI
You were hired cause you're the devil and they're scared of you. Just sayin'.

Lilith, the gays love you!

Glad to hear that Bianca. :) I've run across a mixed bag in that regard, honestly. It's what keeps me from pride events, I don't want the negativity from those who hate bi's. :( Really, we're all in this together, just to differing degrees. I think the gov't should keep out of relationships. Let people be with who they love, you know? I was very very ashamed that my state passed a ban on gay marriage. I sure didn't support it. In fact, hubby and I shocked a guy at a fair trying to get sigs for the proposal, we refused to sign such a hateful document. Just because we appear straight it doesn't mean we support your hate.

Another minor rant, I hate the attitude towards bi/bicurious men. My hubby is bicurious but won't admit it to many because of the negativity that he's seen from that. It's like all straight men assume that if a guy is bi/bicurious he wants to .... them. Uh...no, not how it works, folks!

Ok, ranting aside, thanks for the welcome! :D

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
Oh, I used to not understand bisexuals. I figured it was just a phase, kind of a last desperate grasping for the heterosexual normality you'd be leaving behind (I was wildly projecting my own insecurities). Then I met a completely confident, completely self-assured bisexual man. He'd been bisexual his whole adult life, was with a man, broke up, fell in love with and married a woman. He and I talked quite a bit, and he disabused me of some of my notions. He also got my respect. He had the option of distancing himself from the gay community and the problems we face in daily life. He could have disappeared into the anonymity of the crowd and let us fight on our own. He didn't. Unfortunately, like you, he didn't always get a warm reception, but he still stood his ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread