Hidden benefits to vaping (at least for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracilynnie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
NY
So it seems that I've lost some weight.. As a smoker I used to drink a lot of pop (or soda as its called everywhere else but where I grew up) to wash the cigarette flavor out of my mouth and since I've completely quit smoking and started vaping, I've been drinking quite a bit more water and only have maybe a glass or two of pop every couple of days or so. I don't really even crave the sugars from them anymore which I think I can party attribute to the sweet liquids I vape.

As a result of this, I've noticed a significant reduction in size around my middle in the last two months. I have 3 kids and gained a lot of weight with each one and its been a pain in the *** losing the baby tire so to speak. I don't have a working scale in my house as of now but when I can actually see a difference in my size it means something.

I still drink coffee and eat more or less the same foods I used to (although I'm currently trying the gluten free diet for other health reasons) and I'm not exercising anymore than normal. I think that quitting smoking has actually helped in other aspects of my health and I look forward to seeing how it continues to help.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Yes...there have been a couple of "hidden benefits" with vaping. I have not consciously changed any of my regular habits over the past year, and I don't vape "sweet" e-juice. I'm a menthol gal. BUT...I've lost about 5 pounds and didn't lift a finger to try. In fact...I've probably had more cakes and ice cream and pie this past year than usual. But...I don't eat very much overall. Smaller portions because I'm satisfied quicker I guess. AND...I used to drink a few glasses of wine every blessed night. Now I don't. I have maybe a small glass or two on the weekends ...and I even water them down and put ice in the glass, too! So I've lost weight AND basically quit drinking (or over-drinking, anyway).

Food and drinking don't make me happy like vaping does!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread