High Desert Vapes: In Trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibbu

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
Denver, CO, USA
Hi all. I am feeling a tad helpless and don't know what else to do except post here. I have a $30 (rounded up) order paid for but not received from HDV. I got one email confirming the order. So I waited a week and went to the site to check my account for order info. It said something like 'awaiting fulfillment'. So I waited a few days, had to change my phone number anyway, went back to the site and it wouldn't let me complete the change. I got caught in a Captchka (sp?) loop.

I tried calling but the number was disconnected. I tried posting to their FaceBook page but wasn't allowed. I looked at their ECF forum but it appeared dead (I could be wrong about this since I have difficulties with ECF's "new" format). Went back to the site and found a different number to call, left as much info as I could, including the thing about the loop, then called again with my corrected phone number, and have gotten no call back.

Since then the HDV site has become less and less cooperative, even though the Captcha (sp?) thing was removed almost immediately. I can't even log in now. Considering the economic climate for B&M's I looked to my bank account for a possible refund due to closure. Nothing refunded; they still have my money.

I could get a couple of the old-school clearo's that I ordered from fasttech, but I prefer to support "locals" whenever possible. And the flavorings I can get directly from Nature's Flavors if I have to, but I've already committed the dollars which I cannot afford to lose. Finally, I can't remember what else I ordered, and the site won't let me in. Aaargh!!!

Any ideas? Oh, just saw the length of this post. Sorry. On the bright side, I only post when I have something to say! :p Thank you for reading this, and thanks in advance for any input.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I remember posts in the stocking up thread about them closing.
    This was a few months ago.
    Sad they are leaving the site up and collecting $.
    A charge back should take care of it.

Edit:
    Just checked the site:
    High Desert Vapes - Your Vapor Haven
    No products are shown to purchase?

Jibbu

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2012
    Denver, CO, USA
    Thank you all very, very much! I wonder why *my* Google search didn't show the closing info. Hmph. Geez, I hope it will show me how to do a chargeback. :)

EDIT: About the site - when I ordered, maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, it was up and running as usual. I think I even rec'd an email from the credit card processor. I'll be checking all that out now that I know about chargebacks. And thanks again for all your help!!!

Reactions: puffon

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The easiest way is to contact your bank or credit card company and explain the situation, you don't have to try and get a chargeback from a site that's essentially dead. Just explain the company went belly up and took your money (assuming you have a total somewhere in your email, or your bank/CC company should be able to find the exact amount of the charge through the name of the company.

Don't know if you just slipped through the cracks with them, but sorry for your misfortune. :( Anna

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    California
    Drat, one of my fav shops. At least they didn't pull a shady VNW move.

I dunno, continuing to charge people for products you don't intent to ship is pretty shady. I had no idea they were closing when I ordered from them a few weeks ago as a first time customer. The last straw for me was after monitoring my order status for two weeks, my account got deleted and the contact links started to disappear before my eyes. Arranged a charge back right after that. No contact from the shop at all in that time. That is the wrong way to wind down a business and smacks of a deliberate attempt to defraud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Nermal
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread