cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Company name
High Desert Vapes​
Date of your initial complaint to the supplier.
10 July 2014​
How did you contact the supplier
Telephone​
Ticket number (if you were issued one)
none​
General nature of complaint
Defective or wrong product​
Briefly describe your problem or issue
I contacted them by phone and ticket

june 30 I placed my order. as always shipping was fast. unfortunately, I was sent the incorrect item and quantity. I called and they quickly sent the replacement. the replacement order arrived on july 10 and it was incorrect also. the quantity was correct, but it was again the incorrect item - not the same item as the first incorrect shipment.

on July 10 I call and talked to john, the owner I believe. I am told that what I received was the item I ordered. when I said that the item I received did not match the picture or description on the website, nor what I received when I ordered the same thing in the past, I was told the manufacturer must have changed it. I was also told I could not go by the picture or description on the website. really? when I asked what I supposed to go by when buying on the internet, he had no answer. he said he couldn't update the website every time there was a change. really?

reading the ecf negative reviews (after the fact) I see I am not the only person who has had
this problem...from last year and they still have not improved the site to be accurate...

so on july 10 during that phone call, I request a refund. I am referred to the return policy. OK, I hang up and go read the policy. it states only store credits and they don't take returns because you don't
like the item, it is not what you expected, etc.

I immediately call back. I don't want a credit, I want a refund. the only other item on their site I would want has been out of stock for months, although it is still on the site. since I have to count on an accurate picture/description online to make an order, I feel I am due a refund.

I was firm but polite. he finally said, fine, I'll refund, this isn't worth it. (btw it was not a huge order, but I can't just throw money away).

I received the refund on july 29, 2014. the refund did not include shipping, nor my cost to ship back. in my view I am still owed around 4.50 for shipping, and that doesn't include the trip to the PO (which is always a joyful experience :( ). there was one item in my order that was correct and I kept it, but I did expect to receive a partial refund on the shipping. the item I kept cost less than the shipping. I am really unhappy about that.

I have ordered from them since they opened and have always had great service. although there was somewhat of a resolution, I don't appreciate having to insist to get the problem solved. I don't appreciate having to eat the shipping for their mistake. I am disappointed in the customer service in this situation. I don't appreciate them trying to make this my fault. if the picture and description had matched what I received I would have taken the responsibility.

It seems that hdv will not take responsibility for their own mistakes.

I won't be able to continue to be a customer. I sent them a note telling them I was unhappy about the shipping I had to pay and then I closed my account with them and will never visit their site again.

buyer BEWARE, you can not count on the pictures and descriptions on their site to be accurate.​

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
We went out of our way to make things right, paid for the shipping once the so-called mistake was brought to our attention and it still wasn't enough to please the customer. In addition, we broke our standard policy of no refunds for this long-time customer, but had to stick to the policy which states "Shipping charges remain the responsibility of the buyer and are non-refundable." In this case, the amount paid for return shipping was exaggerated by the customer, here is a picture of the return envelope with the exact amount paid to return the product:
[Moderated img]

dEc6jI7.jpg

What most people don't consider is that even if you buy something from Wal-mart, take it home, open it up only to discover that it wasn't what you wanted. It is still your responsibility to drive back to Wal-mart and wait in line to return the product. Wal-mart does not refund you for the time or gas spent to return the product. Our policy is the same, moreover it was agreed upon by the customer when she checked out as part of our Terms & Conditions.

Bottom line: Customer got a full refund for the products purchased/returned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread