Anyone getting random phone calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home Bored

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
nyc
So I started vaping 3 weeks ago and order all my stuff online. To date I ordered stuff from about 11 vendors, all which are approved suppliers here on ECF. Everything was all fine EXCEPT I started getting phone calls from random numbers at around the same time. Im not sure if it is because of one of the vendors I bought from, but it seems highly possible as that is the only time I ever give out my phone number. Now, when I say "random numbers" I mean each time they call, its a different number with totally different area codes. I stopped picking them up but it gets extremely annoying when they call so early in the morning :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Im curious if this has this been happening with anyone else? and is there anything I can do without having to change my phone number ??

renthepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2012
Canada
Now, when I say "random numbers" I mean each time they call, its a different number with totally different area codes.

My feeling is that it has nothing to do with vaping. Good luck with your problem. What you can do is to call you telephone service provider - maybe they can do something for you.

old hippy

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Magnolia,Kentucky
It is election time and the boiler rooms are calling everyone-
they don't need to know what phone number belongs to what person.
Its just running down the phone book.

Have been ordering all my vape and household stuff via the internet,
for years and never had any problems with calls before.
But, now it is just political calls over and over.

So I started vaping 3 weeks ago and order all my stuff online. To date I ordered stuff from about 11 vendors, all which are approved suppliers here on ECF. Everything was all fine EXCEPT I started getting phone calls from random numbers at around the same time. Im not sure if it is because of one of the vendors I bought from, but it seems highly possible as that is the only time I ever give out my phone number. Now, when I say "random numbers" I mean each time they call, its a different number with totally different area codes. I stopped picking them up but it gets extremely annoying when they call so early in the morning :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Im curious if this has this been happening with anyone else? and is there anything I can do without having to change my phone number ??

Home Bored

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
nyc
Thanks guys. I hope they will stop soon and i'll try putting my number in that registry. It just seemed weird since the calls all start the same way but the name is always changing. " Would you accept a call from_____( some name here )___ ?". Or something like that. Maybe Im just getting paranoid with all these hacking incidents with credit cards and stuff like that :glare:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Maybe it's uncle Cletus calling from prison?

Noper, I'd never call anyone I don't know... unless their name is Home Bored!

Wha...? Oh... Ummmm... please disregard this post...
whistle.gif

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com

I've had that happen. Ugh. It's like your number is on heavy rotation in telemarketing rooms. It's happened to me before I started vaping and again recently. Try googling the number. I found a company that sells newspapers and one selling retractable awnings were calling me several times a week and hanging up when the call connected (maybe lazy salespeople hoping for VM?). I reached out and shared that I was on the DNC list and the fine is $11k per call. Quiet now. Good luck.

mini-monk

Moved On
Apr 24, 2012
ShenZhen
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Moved On
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread