Norwalk, Ca
The Lon Chi :)

295pm2x.jpg

Malefilipinonurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Norwalk, Ca
Got on a Lon list earlier today. They look awesome. Hows is the vape, MPN?

In all honesty, I like my BF-99 better. Flavor is good on the 'Lon but it's UNREAL on the BF. Also, call me crazy butI don't know if it's me but I feel like a Heron vapes much better than the 'Lon. My two cents.

Last edited:

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
In all honesty, I like my BF-99 better. Flavor is good on the 'Lon but it's UNREAL on the BF. Also, call me crazy butI don't know if it's me but I feel like a Heron vapes much better than the 'Lon. My two cents.
I don't think you are crazy at all. It's hard to beat a Heron in performance and all round flavor production, IMHO. That's why I own 5 of them .

Last edited:

Vapourz_411

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Simi Valley, CA, USA
just my little collection thus far....
may not be drool worthy to some of you, but I likes what i likes!

StZ_JlWPw3fynqWZTco1f3gzr6riy5l7FRZYb0KDbvM=w925-h520-no

That's a very nice collection BuzzKilla :) BTW, how did you get the copper Stingray X so clean...what did you use to remove the patina especially in the milled area?

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
That's a very nice collection BuzzKilla :) BTW, how did you get the copper Stingray X so clean...what did you use to remove the patina especially in the milled area?

when i do my weekly switch cleaning (stingray is my daily mod)

i take it all apart and do a 50/50 water vinegar bath with a teaspoon of salt added.
Leave it in there for 10 minutes.
Rinse, wipe, grease, and reassemble.

All that crud and patina fall right off. it leaves it a rosie colour.... not too fond of that.
If i took the time to polish it , it would probably look better.

IF the home made route isn't your thing, there are a lot of products out there for cleaning copper pots and pans, i find those to work wonders....
I use "Bar Keepers Friend" to clean my copper pots, The miss gets mad when i start using it on my mods.....:blink:
Grumble grumble grumble...

Last edited:

Vapourz_411

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Simi Valley, CA, USA

i take it all apart and do a 50/50 water vinegar bath with a teaspoon of salt added.

All that crud and patina fall right off. it leaves it a rosie colour.... not too fond of that.

IF the home made route isn't your thing, there are a lot of products out there for cleaning copper pots and pans, i find those to work wonders....
I use "Bar Keepers Friend" to clean my copper pots, The miss gets mad when i start using it on my mods.....:blink:

Thanks for your insight, I knew it had to be setting it in a liquid of some kind. Polishing those tight spots in the milled area is difficult to say the least and although it is possible to produce a decent result I have not come close to how clean yours looked in the picture. I will try the homemade solution next time I clean; it doesn't alter the natural color of the copper, does it?

Vapourz_411

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Simi Valley, CA, USA
So I have a question for all who have experience with polishing metals...I polished my XXIX the other night using my PNB adapter from Vapourart (great tool) on a drill at slow speeds and I used a metal polish (no grit of any kind). I have also used Nevr-Dull in the past. On both occasions the mod is left with a very slight spider web like fine swirl mark in the metal (see picture below) and no matter what type of applicator or cloth I use I cannot bring the metal to a mirror like finish. I suppose if I used a buffing wheel and a polish bar I could get the finish I'm looking for, but is there another way? Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was the solution?

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
Thanks for your insight, I knew it had to be setting it in a liquid of some kind. Polishing those tight spots in the milled area is difficult to say the least and although it is possible to produce a decent result I have not come close to how clean yours looked in the picture. I will try the homemade solution next time I clean; it doesn't alter the natural color of the copper, does it?

2014-07-15

dont mind the crappy photo, but this is after two days of use....
i havent ever polished the stingray, this is after about 4 dunks since i have owned it.
It likes to stay that color.

but i've been told that my hands have the Midas touch, for creating patina on brass... this is what it does to copper....

Dulls it and turns it pink.

2013-11-25

This is what my hands did to my Caravela the next day, after being polished.....

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
how is the conductivity of the MCO compared to your other mods, or others that you have had in the past? thanks.

you mean the VCO By AetherTech? The red one?

The one pictured is a beta tester.... so i dont know if the production version is different.
i never metered V-drop difference for a true test
But here are my thoughts.

when compared to the GUS & Stingray, The VCO sits wedged in the middle.

I can vape on the stingray until the batteries are down to a flat 3V while still enjoying it. switch is perfect (for me), and no heat or shock between tube sections on low builds.

The VCO "feels" weak in the 3.3V mark. but i notice no difference in performance, on a fully charged battery. compared to the Stingray X
Even thought it is made of aluminium, the heat transfer from the atty is minimal. and the switch is a bit fiddly when swapping out batteries.
Switch throw is completey dependant on the length of the 510 connector attached to the topper... I dont like that.

The Gus feels on par with the VCO, but due to the telescopic section getting warm at low ohms, i leave it for my cooler builds. (above 0.8 ohms)

I've had my fair share of mods, but i like my Stingray so much that I use it as a benchmark of what a mod should feel like.

Last edited:

mikeylab

Jun 3, 2014
All Around
you mean the VCO By AetherTech? The red one?

The one pictured is a beta tester.... so i dont know if the production version is different.
i never metered V-drop difference for a true test
But here are my thoughts.

when compared to the GUS & Stingray, The VCO sits wedged in the middle.

I can vape on the stingray until the batteries are down to a flat 3V while still enjoying it. switch is perfect (for me), and no heat or shock between tube sections on low builds.

The VCO "feels" weak in the 3.3V mark. but i notice no difference in performance, on a fully charged battery. compared to the Stingray X
Even thought it is made of aluminium, the heat transfer from the atty is minimal. and the switch is a bit fiddly when swapping out batteries.
Switch throw is completey dependant on the length of the 510 connector attached to the topper... I dont like that.

The Gus feels on par with the VCO, but due to the telescopic section getting warm at low ohms, i leave it for my cooler builds. (above 0.8 ohms)

I've had my fair share of mods, but i like my Stingray so much that I use it as a benchmark of what a mod should feel like.

thanks for the info! yes, i meant VCO haha

wonkeypickle

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
'murrikka

ive noticed on my mixed brass ray that the switch gets sticky if i use it as my daily driver. with the switch being copper, would you reccommend that recipe above for cleaning it? or do you have a better method for the actual switches themselves? :toast:

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
ive noticed on my mixed brass ray that the switch gets sticky if i use it as my daily driver. with the switch being copper, would you reccommend that recipe above for cleaning it? or do you have a better method for the actual switches themselves? :toast:

when i take it apart, i do so in its entirety.... i do my weekly routine solely for cleaning the switch. the rest of the mod, just gets put in with the process.
I soap wash the switch first, as the Vaseline coats it, and the solution cant do its job, till it is removed.
I dont think it has to be done this often, But I'm O.C.D. when it comes to mod function.
I have gone 2~3 weeks without cleaning, i just dont like the discoloration. I dont think it really affected its performance.
i grease the switch with Vaseline after i dry and wipe everything, just to keep it smooth.

just FYI I learned this from finding a way to keep my copper kitchen ware clean. I'm no chemist and have no idea if this has any adverse affects on a mod.
I do this at my own risk, and you should too :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread