High Volt 801 Atty ?'s Please Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Löki

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Long story short I got a 6volt thermo, And some slb high volt atty's. The thermo work's great as do the attys. But the attys with the thermo not so much. There is a small lip on atty that pretty much put's it right agents the base of the thermo and the atty it's self has no holes or notches to let it breath when attached to the thermo. There are also no holes in the threading of the thermo so it's pretty much like sucking on a straw thats sealed at the end. I went back and forth between drilling a small hole in the thermo or cutting the lip from the atty. I went with cutting the lip from the atty with was a great PITA, And in the process I pretty much pulled the atty apart houseing. The atty still works but it now leaks from where the black ring WAS attached to the chrome tubing.

So I ask who sells high volt attys that do not have the slb lip or that have notched threads so the atty can breath properly ?

Or should I just drill a small hole in the threads of the thermo ?

On a side note I have tryed a joye 302 normal atty on the unit and it does not fit so snugly agents the thermo and the notched threads let it breath and work great but I don't want to burn it up running it at 6v.

I have been searching the web for a few hours now and can only find SLB high volt 801's so any advice would be great.

Thanx

ö

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread