High Voltage Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
I've recently gotten my first high voltage mod, a Chuck, and I really love it! Probably what I like MOST about it is that I can vape for hours and hours without having to recharge my old 901 batteries, and that the batteries themselves are commercially-available rechargeables. And the flavors are much enhanced when I'm using either the 3.7 v or the 6 v option.

(I'll admit that what first drew me to the Chuck was the idea of having a 'personlized' e-cig; I've only come to apprecate the features I mentioned above since I got my chuck less than 2 weeks ago.)

I've noticed that quite a few members of the forum have two or more different HV mods. If you have multiple types, what do you say the pros and cons of them are? I'd appreciate your feedback!

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Let me kno when u try these too... i have thinking about the copper! I think they are made awsome and the vids show great vaping at 6v. did u get the hex bolt orig or the round. thats the only thing I could not dec about. I kept hear it looked like a pipe bomb. ha ha n e way let me know hwo u like them

J

I went for the original copper with a rough finish...the hex bolt...it looks the meanest to me..LOL

I expect the copper next week, the Lil Chuck in a couple of weeks. I'll let ya know which i prefer.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
I got a Little Chuck. I is not as big as the Chuck. It get a consistent throat hit better than anything I have tried. I use it exclusively now and don't even use my 510 any more. I love its. I can't imagine anything out there that would be better. I plan on ordering another one.

Now all I have to stock up on is atomizers No more regular batteries especially since they cost much more than an atomizer.

Thanks Jeff.

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
It get a consistent throat hit better than anything I have tried. I use it exclusively now and don't even use my 510 any more.

I've had a Chuck for 13 days and a Little Chuck for about 90 minutes now. I haven't touched my regular 901s since then, despite having regular batteries, manual batteries and manual passthrus.

I've got 3.7v batteries in both my Big and Little, and I've tried vaping both with 901 atomizers and the same juice, one with direct dripping (truth to tell - I was trying to drip 2 drops into the atty and overfilled it) and the other with a fresh cart. I'm getting about the same performance from both, even when I swap the carts/atomizers between the two. I'm not really surprised, since they're both 3.7 volts. Would the same thing hold true if I were using different HV mods from different manufacturers, as long as both were at 3.7 volts?

I also like vaping my regular Chuck at 6v. I've adapted my vaping 'style' for 6v to make sure I don't get vapor that's too hot for me or too much 'throat hit'. (I'm not a big fan of throat hit and mega-vapor - it's the flavor that drives me.) My experiments tonight have all been with Dawn's Red Hot juice at 3.7 v (although I used it with 6v a few times over the past couple of days). For THIS juice, I get about the same results with either the3.7v or the 6v, but it happens to be an extraordinarily flavorful juice. I'll have to compare other flavors this way, too.

For people who have HV mods that can run at multiple voltages, bought from different manufacturers, how do the higher/lower voltages compare on the same mod and how do they compare across the mods?

I only have 901 atomizers - if you have different atomizers you can use on your mod(s), how do higher/lower voltages compare and how do the brands compare with each other? And, (for extra credit :)) what is it abouit the comparisons that distinguishes them? (like flavor, thoat hit, harshness, heat, etc.)

I'm hoping that responses in this thread will help people decide which mod they should try first, which others to explore to meet their own tasts, etc. (I feel like a newbie asking "What's the best e-cig?")

Of course, I have an ulterior motive in asking your opinions - I'll almost certainly get another mod in addition to my Chucks. Right now, I'm most tempted by the Xhaler, mostly because I've followed the 'sneak peak' thread for a month, and it's been fun to follow. (Just like I've enjoyed the 'How to spend a Saturday' Chuck thread that's got thousands of responses so far)

Thanks, everyone!

Ashhead

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2009
Central Pennsylvania, USA
Martha, and jeannie It's great taht you chime in but I really dont want to hear about the chuck n other manufactures. I wanna hear about the Copper from real copper users and not manufactures that are trying to win you over. I reallty wanna hear about the copper\
n e one thats got a copper chime in

I thought this was JeanieB360's thread. Just me chiming in.
I'd love to hear an unbiased comparison.

P.S. try that little abc button on the top right side of this box, it'll help with your speeeling.:D

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Martha, and jeannie It's great taht you chime in but I really dont want to hear about the chuck n other manufactures. I wanna hear about the Copper from real copper users and not manufactures that are trying to win you over. I reallty wanna hear about the copper\
n e one thats got a copper chime in

Why not go to the Copper Forum for info or do a search on Copper?

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
Well, I started the thread because I want to learn how the different mods compare with each other - there are so many of them, and I'll admit that I know nothing at all about the Copper. I'm looking for input from people who own more than a single mod.

I've read and seen a lot of reviews about individual mods, but the purpose of those reviews is to talk about one specific product. When I was deciding what e-cig to buy originally, I read a thread where several people compared their experience with multiple e-cigs and pointed out the pros and cons of each without 'bashing' different types of e-cigs. That was tremendously helpful to me in choosing a basic e-cig that would best suit my own tastes.

I WILL purchase another mod - and maybe even more than one - and I want to base my decision on information/opinions from other people, not merely because I like the looks of a particular one or because I've come to enjoy the creativity/talent of the person who 'invented' the mod or supplies the mod.

Since your interest is in the copper, perhaps someone else here can post a link to one or more threads about that particular mod? I don't knw anything about it and I'd be interested in learning.

kja

Sep 16, 2009
i have a copper rounded and here's a quick summary. if you want to know more you should start your own thread on it.

pluses
reliable
small
uses carts well as well as dripping
very reliable atomisers

cons
unprotected batteries
no lock
(although i would still unscrew the atomiser anyway so it doesn't get bent or mess up the threads so not really a con in my eyes.)

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Thanks Kja for the review. I ordered one because they looked so durable.

I'm awaiting its arrival along with my Lil Chuck. Depending on which I prefer, I probally will order another of my favorite to have as a spare.

You can buy protected batteries pretty reasonable. And, i think they are more safe...i have some that i ordered just to have as a backup.

Appreciate the honest review.

They both have gotten fabulous reviews..but we all have our different likes and dislikes.

With that said..I cannot wait to get both of mine....!!

NickJuice

Moved On
Aug 22, 2009
All mod's based on the same battery will have Almost exactly the same performance...if you've try'd one 18650 battery mod...you've tried them all....same with cr123a's, 14500's 10440's etc. Anyone saying they see a difference from one 3.7v or 6v device to another 3.7v or 6v device is either lying to you or is improperly using their mod

What it breaks down to is which mod is most pleasing to YOUR eye...and thats different person to person...

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Jeannie, Thanks so much for all this information ! I was second guessing myself because i wasnt sure the Lil Chuck would be as good as the Big Chuck...I ordered the Lil chuck mainly because i have small hands.

I'm used to just smoking a regular 901 , I started with 801 and i actually like them both, just tired of the battery not lasting very long...so, im looking so forward to getting my Lil Chuck.

Thanks again !

abhowe

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
I disagree with NickJuice about all 3.7 and 6.0's being the same..... There is also a resistance factor..... I am not an electrician and do not understand it.... However, have read on the ECF that resistance effects the affect of the voltage..... Wires and soldering supposedly decrease resistance..... I have a GG Transformer with no wires or soldering and it has a marked difference with the Silver Bullet which has wires and soldering..... Both are good Mods, but personally, I prefer the GG...... Other people prefer the Silver Bullet over the GG...... But GG has just come out with an Automatic Filling System and a high performance Atty that can burn for 5 minutes straight..... Nobody else has that.....
So, all high performance mods are not the same......

raven9mm

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2009
IL
All mod's based on the same battery will have Almost exactly the same performance...if you've try'd one 18650 battery mod...you've tried them all....

I disagree with NickJuice about all 3.7 and 6.0's being the same..... There is also a resistance factor..... ..... Wires and soldering supposedly decrease resistance.....

I also disagree with NickJuice, but I also disagree with Abhowe. Mods that use the same battery are not the same. The material they are made of makes a big difference, because of the resistance. A mod made of brass and copper will always outperform an aluminum or stainless mod every time, due to less resistance, therefore more voltage getting to the atty. Hence the reason for using copper in wires.
The copper wire and solder do not decrease voltage in short runs. The 1-12 inches of wire in any mod will have zero detectable impact on resistance. 50 feet of wiring, that may be a different story, but not in a short length of wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread