High wattage vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
FWIW I was running dual 24ga coils 4.5 wraps around 1/8" for 0.2 ohms (MUCH more coil) and 50W was the sweet spot. I started at 100W with my new reg mod and realized that wasn't good so I started backing the wattage down. Took awhile to realize where the sweet spot was. Rebuilt with 9.5 wraps of 22ga so the sweet spot would be at a higher wattage (in theory). Haven't found the sweet spot for this setup yet. Off to vaporize a few ml of juice, you know, for R+D purposes. :)

I would also like to know what atty Symmetry is using. I bet he went dark because his G box with a centered atty can't have room for 116W worth of guts. It's just a visual representation of a PV. :ohmy: ;) I kid Symmetry, I'm just jealous.

ETA - There's probably a lot of info on this already but as a newly regulated vaper, I'm shocked at the relatively low wattages needed for insane heat and clouds with a regulated mod. I started out my dripping journey on a mech mod at 0.12 ohms and ~140W. I can't even get close to that on my IPV3 so far. Now I see why dudes were like "140W!? Is you crazy?" I wasn't, it was good, on a mech. Regulated is WAY different.

Last edited:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
i could be wrong but sym's atty looks like a dark horse.

also sym see how your wick has shrunk back as its dried, you could pull the wicks out and add cotton to them and re install, just very lightly roll them back up.

i know i keep mentioning this guy to everyone but yosh vapergate on youtube has a nice tutorial on wicking.

:)

i wish i could be of help JD but im also finding that going lower watts than what i assumed i would be vaping at works better on the reg device plus as you mentioned the batt's last longer as a bonus.

a coil that works really well with lotsa power without being HOT is the fusion clapton, its really nice, and im finding that one coil in either the mechs or the sigelei is plentyfull. i been doing about 4 or 5 wraps on a 2 or 2.5mm id but the ohms are about 0.15, it really spits alot of juice out of the airhole lol i thought i had a leak at first, not a problem though when i can just use the inside of my t-shirt to wipe my mod off hahahaa aftershave is so last year

dam i smell so good right now :D

Last edited:

Symmetry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Oregon, USA
That is a dark horse on a Hexohm V2. I put it on a friend's IPV3 and that build is GREAT at 150-165w.

@SLIPPY_EEL that pic was taken immediately prior to a rewick :) but thanks! I actually have my own wicking tutorials up, but I checked out yosh and he seems to use a relatively similar method

I did rewrap that coil with 10 wraps of 26 gauge kanthal, by the way...beautiful. Better flavor than the 24 that was on there, though it warms up a tiny bit slower.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread