ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Been putting that off for awhile.

Yes I have. I’ll let it dry for a week or so then start staining. I’ll do the railing in stages. It’s a 12 x 22 deck with a handrail that has three horizontal boards and 2x2’sthat run vertical. I thought the railing was really cool until the first time I had to stain it. It’s a long tedious process. The floor I can do in 2-3 hours. I use a 5 inch brush with a short extension so I don’t have to bend over.

Reactions: FranC

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes I have. I’ll let it dry for a week or so then start staining. I’ll do the railing in stages. It’s a 12 x 22 deck with a handrail that has three horizontal boards and 2x2’sthat run vertical. I thought the railing was really cool until the first time I had to stain it. It’s a long tedious process. The floor I can do in 2-3 hours. I use a 5 inch brush with a short extension so I don’t have to bend over.
    The brush extender is a great idea.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good Monday! You all have been busy over the weekend, not much here. Not a lot of planned trips this summer as prices for flights/hotel way up, Airports are a mess and everything is packed!

I know there’s lots of talk on the news about flights being canceled due to staffing shortage. Is that a problem there too?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I know right. I just need to try to look busy enough that the boss leaves me alone. I was really aggravated at him yesterday. It was like he was just looking for a reason to mess with people. My opinion is that we have been operating short staffed and everyone is working their butts off when we are busy so does it really hurt to let people stand around and talk a little when things slow down and people can catch their breath. Are people supposed to make up things to do? I'm not good at that. I like being busy but when I'm not then don't purposely mess with me for no reason.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I know right. I just need to try to look busy enough that the boss leaves me alone. I was really aggravated at him yesterday. It was like he was just looking for a reason to mess with people. My opinion is that we have been operating short staffed and everyone is working their butts off when we are busy so does it really hurt to let people stand around and talk a little when things slow down and people can catch their breath. Are people supposed to make up things to do? I'm not good at that. I like being busy but when I'm not then don't purposely mess with me for no reason.
    Yeah, it can be hard to look busy when there’s nothing to do.

• Agree
    Reactions: hittman

Users who are viewing this thread