Hmmm... Hunter's Blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
So, I'm still extremely depressed about the passing of RY4. I'll always stay hopeful that it'll return one day, but I know I need to look towards the future. And luckily, my girlfriend and I got in on each of the three times it went for sale, so at least I've got about 150ml to savor :) Here's to hoping the replacement RY4 will be just as good, if not better :)

Anyway, back to my point. I'm trying not to think about the death of RY4, so I'm trying to get excited about something instead. I read in the newsletter that Hunter's Blend is coming back. I never got to try it, but I know it was very popular. Is it a simple tobacco flavor, like Virginia, or more complex like RY4? What does it taste like, is there any sweetness to it, what's the flavor profile, etc.? I'm very curious. Thanks!

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Hunter's Blend is great. To me it was a very strong tobacco flavor unusual defining taste notes. Its super tasty and very satisfying...think maybe RY4 but less sweet and a lot stronger but still well rounded. I plan to grab some again when its back up.

So is it like a straight tobacco like Backo, or are there other flavor elements going on?

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Funny, haven't been on in a while. Just finished my last bottle of Hunters yesterday. And now it's coming back!

It's stronger, but not overpowering. Tastes like good ole pipe tobacco. Reminds me of grandpa.

Pipe tobacco... now we're talking! Sounds excellent! Anyone else? I'd like to hear some more opinions...

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
ipet - Let's just say that if you like tobacco flavors this is a must try for you. It's a straight up tobacco with no other flavors in it. I'm not good at depicting different tobacco flavors but I can say that Hunters is nothing like any of Don's other tobacco brews. Make sure you snag the 120 sampler bottle if Don has it available in that size. ;)

Now that I think about it, I don't think he'll release it in the bulk sizes just yet. lol

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
ipet - Let's just say that if you like tobacco flavors this is a must try for you. It's a straight up tobacco with no other flavors in it. I'm not good at depicting different tobacco flavors but I can say that Hunters is nothing like any of Don's other tobacco brews. Make sure you snag the 120 sampler bottle if Don has it available in that size. ;)

Now that I think about it, I don't think he'll release it in the bulk sizes just yet. lol

Damn! Well, I guess for the time being, I can settle for the measly 30ml sampler size bottle ;)

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
So is it like a straight tobacco like Backo, or are there other flavor elements going on?

Hard to describe but its really nothing like Backo. You could say there are other elements going on but I couldn't describe what they are, its been too long. It's not exactly a clean-cut tobacco, its a very bold flavor. You still get that fresh tobacco, just more of a different flavor and more TH iirc.
If you like Backo though there is a good chance Hunter's Blend will knock your socks off in a good way. I remember when I tried it I thought it was the best tobacco-only flavor Don had to offer.

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
One of my favorites, depending on the day. Backo, Virginia, hunters and adirondack in no particular order! Backo is generally my regular vape cause it's the lightest, when I want a bit more kick I go with one of the others. Great stuff!!

Huh! Now my opinion is Virginia is the lighter than Backo. I haven't tried the others. Of what I have, I think 555E is the strongest tobacco flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread