**HOAX** Teen killed by lung cancer from an E-cig ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rcsss

May 14, 2014
Ontario, Canada
** EDIT ** Looking into it now its total BS and just shows some of the lengths the people that want e-cigs gone will take** EDIT **

Someone gave me this link the other day now I don't have much time at the moment to post my thoughts on the subject. So I figured I could leave it here for you guys to determine and give me your thoughts. I'll come back to it later when I am not busy.

http: // infossip.com /e-cigarette-kills-first-victim-after-teen-boy-dies-from-lung-cancer/

I broke the link since it may be mis-information and to be fair there isn't enough info even on this link. It just says that he was using one for 11-months and "never" smoked before. Then it goes on to talk about the formaldehyde production being much higher then traditional cigs if increased to high heats etc...

Anyways I'll be back later to hear what everyone here thinks about this... again I can't say much since the article is lacking on information and has not even stated 100% that it is even caused by e-cigs their just pointing the finger at that may have been the cause.

** EDIT** Heart goes out to the people in Homs, Syria for propaganda and pictures of them being used for such jokes ** EDIT** (Removed my older statement)

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
There is an american association of poison control centers American Association of Poison Control Centers They get real time data from poison control centers and have the e-cig statistics that we see and talk about them a bit more honestly than the press. They don't claim any child has died from e-liquid and I'm sure they would if they could. I find no evidence of the lung cancer claims nor any evidence that they track that kind of illness.

Rcsss

May 14, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Yeah never looked into it more till now... time to go question the person who sent it to me... sorry for the post. That picture is actually of someone who was in Homs, Syria. After doing a search on the image I was quickly led to where it originated from. Now reading other articles on that site as well its total BS. They do however have some funny "news" posts on there that I may end up reading later... The KFC one is pretty funny.

Anyways, as I did suspect it wasn't real. I guess I should have spent some time before hastily posting it. Now that i'm home and looked into it I feel a little dumb lol :facepalm: ... hopefully someone got a laugh out of it though... then at least it was worth it :)

:glug:

Rcsss

May 14, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I know this is probably a joke site (looking at the other things they posted on there site) but kinda angers me. Us Vapers are trying to live a better life then smoking and we just don't need this......

Yeah this stuff isn't needed. For jokes or not I really think the person who sent it to me thought it was real. So with that being said how many other people have thought the same thing... ?

Maybe they were given some extra $'s for their yearly budget to print something like this since it's what they do? :(

Yeah someone probably paid them to post this joke and whats sad is... that many people will think its true. I had many doubts that it was but still that slight bit thought it may be ... before I read your guys posts and actually looked into myself in full now.

I guess maybe it wasn't fully bad that I did hastily post it since it brought news of more of the BS that is out there...

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Have to give it to them. Our opposition that is. They know what they're doing. Politics and PR is all about emotion. Not intellect. We can rationalize and 'prove' whatever we want however much we want. Doesn't matter one bit if someone can paint a picture of a suffering child in someones head. Even if that is a blatant lie. Doesn't matter how we disprove it. The picture is painted. We are percieved as the 'cause', as thus anything we say in our defense is either a lie or 'the addiction talking'.

No amount of quoted science will win this battle. We have to paint pictures of e.g children losing their parents and grandparents to smoking.

"What about the children" is a too hard-hitting weapon to allow our opposition to monopolize it.

Last edited:

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
One of my "friends" (a mom of my sons friend) on facebook just posted a link to this on her homepage. It's looks totally legit too. Of course I posted about who the guy really is and where he lives and that this is a joke or hoax. She knows that I advocate for vaping too. This is why I don't have friends in real life, can't stand the games that people never outgrow.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
One of my "friends" (a mom of my sons friend) on facebook just posted a link to this on her homepage. It's looks totally legit too. Of course I posted about who the guy really is and where he lives and that this is a joke or hoax. She knows that I advocate for vaping too. This is why I don't have friends in real life, can't stand the games that people never outgrow.

"It is better to wake up alone and know you are alone - than to wake up with someone and still be lonely"

- Liv Ullmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread